Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Maine        (Topic#998855)
tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Yeah, I avoid Gray altogether!! Not even worth the drive. You live so close to Auburn, I'm telling you~go to Memory Lane!!! You'll thank me later!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-21-07 09:05 AM
In response to tracys3sons

Hi,I do plan on going there soon!!!Did you say it was near the ground round?Im not sure I know where that is.I know where the mall is and joanns ect.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

coming from the mall stay on Center street, Memory lane is on Coburn Street which is the street right before the Ground Round~~it'll be on the right. There is a big sign on an empty lot on that corner~a for sale will build blah blah kind of sign. If you hit the ground round you've gone a little too far!!She's closed on Sun and Mon don't forget. I ordered something from her and I'm hoping its in this week so I can go over too. I live about 4 min from there!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-21-07 12:32 PM

Ill tell her Tracy sent me!!!Maybe ill run into ya over there LOL !!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I didn't know there was a JoAnn's in Portland. Man I must live in a cave!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to liveandBIKN2

Yeah, there is a big one~it's on Brighton Ave almost at the Westbrook line. There's a new Lowe's over there too, right next to Mardens.

and yes, maybe you will!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

I have a Lowe's here in Biddeford so I have never headed up that way. I'll have to make the pilgrimage.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

Well no, I didn't mean you had to go to Lowes~~I was just giving it as a landmark! lol There's a rumor that they're going to make that Joanns a supercenter! I wish we had a big Joanns, AC moore or Michaels up this way!!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL I didn't think you were. WOW, that would be cool. There's an ACMoore and Michael's here but you can never have too many places to shop, they all carry different things!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-26-07 06:54 PM

Hi !

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

HI. How are you doing??

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I'm going shopping today!! My stuff finally came in to Memory Lane, so I'm going to pick it up! Maybe it'll motivate me to scrap huh?? LOL

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to lapeen2

I went and I'm so proud of myself! I came out with the 2 things I went in for, and nothing else! woo hoo! That's a miracle for me!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 04-28-07 10:41 AM

Hi Tracy,I havnt got there yet but I hope to soon!Im sure it would be hard for me to go in for something and not come out with a bag full!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Way to go Tracy. I can't say I would be able to do that. I usually go and shop like a fool every time. I have got to stop.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

me too! but I just have SO much stuff!! I don't need anymore. Plus, I get two kits every month as well!

I need to start saving for CKC next month!!!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

I hear ya!! I get one kit and I am going to CKC too. I really want to do some serious shopping then. What days are you going??

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-01-07 03:13 AM

I want to go to one of those CKC sooo bad!!!Maybe next time,is it once a year?

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Yes, it's once a year. It's so fun! 3 of us are going down friday, meeting up with 2 friends from NH and coming back on Sat afternoon. Usually we just go for the day on Sat but decided to go 2 days this year. We're going to scrap a bit in our room on Friday night instead of going to the crop.

You can still go to shop. I believe the classes are closed, but you can get a day pass for the vendor fair still!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

I am trying to go down for Friday. I am hoping a bunch of my pals from NH and Mass will be there as well. I took the day off Friday and I am staying for the Saturday night crop.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to sherylsmith51

• sherylsmith51 Said:
Hey Mainers! I live in Palermo ME (Route 3 between Augusta and Belfast). My daughter and her friend are scrappers too and they live in Portland. When my mom and I go there, like tomorrow, we love to hit Craftmania, AC Moore, Target, and Dollar Tree for cool scrapbook stuff. We have a <a href="http://store.scrapbook.com" target="blank">LSS< /a> in Augusta too. Plus Michaels, Walmart and Dollar Tree. No shortage of places to buy stuff! But I am WAY overloaded in supplies and haven't been able to do much scrap booking in the past few months so I am trying hard to use up some before buying more. Temptaion always calls!
It's hard to get groups together in Maine due to geographic distances. If anyone knows of a public event, we should plan to go and meet!
sheryl

Oh you are close to me...I am in Winslow.

tina c
tina c 
Diva
tina c
In response to Vicious Bleu

• Vicious Bleu Said:
Maine people! Huzzah!

I'm in Farmington, the town with TWO scrapbooking stores. That was a bit of a surprise when I moved here!

We've got a great store here called "Crop, Paper, Scissor" and they do Crop and Shops on the first and third Friday of each month if you're in the area. I sadly have not gone to one yet partially from timing but partially because I'm nervous since I don't know anybody.

Then again, you can always come knit with me on Monday's for Stitch and ********. I seem to love the rhyming activities.

I am from Farmington...still have family a few towns around there. I was so excite when we drove up there and found the scrap stores.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-04-07 07:58 AM
In response to tina c

Anything going on in Maine for National Scrap Booking Day Tom?????

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I don't know. I haven't heard anything so far but I have to work anyways and my bike is going in for a valve adjustment so no time for me to celebrate it. Boohoo,

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-07-07 02:57 AM

Hello

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

I did an online crop instead. I was going to go to a night crop friday night, at Memory Lane~but I couldn't deal w/ packing up my stuff. I did get 14 pages done, so that's good!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-07-07 05:09 AM

WOW Great Job Tracy!!!I havnt ever even made that many!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Really?? girlie, you need to come hang out with my group!! We'll getcha scrapping!!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

When I am in a scrapping mood I can whiz right through them at a crop but even then I think the most I've ever done was 8 LOs in one sitting. You go girl!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

So I am thinking that the LSS in Sanford has closed??? I have gone there twice when they are supposed to be open and both times they have been closed. That makes me sad.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-07-07 09:42 AM

Thier sister store in Portland closed if im thinking of the same place.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Probably, Start Scrappin and Stampin. I didn't see any clearance sales or what not. You know like blowout store closings but I'm not there frequently either.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-08-07 03:59 AM

Yes Start Scrappin and Stampin in Portland has closed.theres a for sale rent sign there.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Sanford must be going too then??

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-10-07 04:53 AM

yes,Thats a bummer,I liked that store.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to lapeen2

Who's going to Manchester this weekend?? You can still sign up for classes and get the daily pass if you haven't signed up yet!!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

I'm registered and have a room! I can hardly wait!! Going down early tomorrow morning.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I'm leaving at noon~have a class this afternoon then the bunch of us are doing dinner~~3 classes tomorrow! woo hoo!!!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-23-07 06:49 AM

So how did it go?Did you have a good time???

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

It was OK. I only took 2 classes and I soent way too much money at the vendor faire. Coming to Gray this weekend. Monday I am bringing my niece, nephew, mother, father, BF, sister all up to the Gray's Animal Farm. I hope they like it

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-24-07 05:21 AM

Have you been to LSS there?

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

No I haven't. And I went by Start Stampin and Scrappin and they had NO product in the store. They must have just gone belly up silently.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

Just my opinion but I think the Gray LSS is awful!!! JMHO though. lol Murdocks in Turner is supposed to be having a huge moving sale. I haven't been but I keep getting emails. wonder where they're moving to. Memory lane is having a sale this week. Might stop in for those primas I've been eyeing. They're 20% off this week!

I had a great time at CKC. We went on friday and took one AWFUL class, but then the 5 of us went out to dinner which was fun. Sat we took 3 classes and I loved each of them!! I spent about 100.00 at the vendor fair, but that includes signing up for a monthly kit (I already get 2 lol , but this one is every other month~I'll try it and see how it works out!) We've already booked our room for next year!!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 05-26-07 04:49 AM

Murdocks is having a 75 % off sale on thier GIFTS.not scrapbooking.May 5 I went there and it was 40 % off all scrapbooking,I loaded up!!!!Even the AC ribbon by the yard!!!!I was shocked there ewere not more people there.I love that store and they have a hugh selection!In the email I received there is no new location as of yet.The store in grey is bad and never spenet more then 5 dollars in there.I got some ribbon all the same length and when I got home it was all different by inches !!!!!!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I highly doubt I will be able to convince my mother and father that I have to go scrapbook shopping. LOL. I don't think my niece and nephew will like it either.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

Well, it's 25% off all supplies til June 1st. Not great but at least it's something. I just re-read the email and they said they haven't finalized plans as to where they're moving yet. I hope it's closer this way!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

got an email today......Murdocks is closing! sad!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

It is sad. LSS are so much fun to go to.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I went today but didn't much that interested me. I bought a few things but nothing that I went "woo hoo" about! lol

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-09-07 08:30 AM

when they had 40 percent off I Got like 120 worth of stuff!!!That was my fav. store.its too bad.Im sad.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Are there any left up there?? There aren't any here. I went ot one in Somersworth NH last Friday. It was cute but didn't have a heck of a lot. The woman's English accent was humorous.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

Thank god for Memory Lane. If she goes out of business I'll be so sad!!

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-10-07 12:23 PM

Ive gone down to the mall and still havnt seen the ground round.ive gone up to where joanns is and still havnt seen that street.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

In Portland??? I thought the Ground round was out of business. They just moved???

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-11-07 06:49 AM

Tracy told me there was a scrapbook store in Auburn on a side street she says its awesome but I cant find it.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

OOOOHHHH. Haven't been up that way yet. I should definitely road trip it on my motorcycle.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

It's off Center St. Coming from the Mall go down center St. about 3/4 mile or so. The Ground Round will be right on the right. Coburn St will be right before it!

Here's a map from her site.
Memory Lane

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-11-07 12:45 PM

ok ill check again next time im down.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to LNZ

She's having a garage sale this week. I brought some of my stuff in~I hope I sell it all so I can buy new stuff! rofl

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL. That's funny. I have never been to a LSS yard sale. I wish I had.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I never have either. I just dropped off a few things that I was thinking of selling on ebay. It's going all week so I'll go in tomorrow or thurs to see how it went. I put higher prices on a couple of things so they may not sell....we'll see!!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Well good luck! I seriously need to get rid of a whole bunch of things in my room. What a mess!!

F Anthony
Veteran
F Anthony
In response to LNZ

There is an awesome scrapbook store in Auburn...not the one at the mall...this one is tucked away down the street the ground round is on the corner of. I love it cause they have the bazill bling card stock and a lot of the other really nice lines of stuff.It's a great place to browse, get ideas, and find just the perfect embelishment...

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to F Anthony

Yeah, that's Memory Lane on Coburn St!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

MAN! I wanna go!!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I went yesterday and got these cool Autumn Leaves journaling stamps. The ones I REALLY wanted are on order and should be in next week. I checked on the stuff I dropped off for the garage sale~I got rid of everything except my Tonic trimmer and my scrapfolio. Man, I wanted someone to buy that trimmer!!! I love it and I'm not sure I'll have the guts to try to sell it again! It's the 12 inch base model. I'm only selling it because I bought it, and dh bought me the smaller based model. I really don't need 2 and if one has to go it has to be the big one....the big one is too big to be portable for a crop. Maybe I'll just keep it...I'm talking myself out of selling it! rofl

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL. That's funny.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to lapeen2

I heard the memorybook workshop in Gray is closing. anyone else hear this?

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

Hi everyone. I've just relocated to Maine. I'm in the Union/Rockland area. Hoping to find other scrapbookers who would be interested in having a crop every now and again. If your interested please contact me!!

Thanks
Tracy

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to tracyclark

Another one bites the dust.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

• Quote:
Another one bites the dust

Yup, a friend forwarded the email that announced her closing. Big sale now thru mid-july. But, I couldn't find anything to buy there when she was fully stocked so I won't be trucking down there to check out her sales. It's still sad!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Yes it is. There are none down here. I love going to little stores.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 06-30-07 11:53 AM

why are they all closing???I went there once didnt like it much,the staff wasnt very good.just when i get into it they close.what a bummer/

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

I don't know. It makes me very sad. It is probably because the chain stores are becoming prettier. Walmart even carries Autumn Leaves stamps now. Their se;ection has gotten way better!

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I would think it would be very hard to make $$$ with an LSS. Products keep changing so you have to clearance out stuff...the big stores offer Coupons so people feel they get more for their $$$. I think the cricut hurt a lot of little stores! The big stores got theirs first, making the little ones wait months longer for their pre-orders. Then the big stores start competing w/ the Walmart price, but the lss's can't do that. Why pay 299.00 at the lss when you can get it for under 100.00 at walmart?? It's still sad because there are things at the LSS that you just can't get at the bigger stores~you'll have to start ordering online!

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

It is sad. Their prices are high but nothing beats touching the product. But ACMoore and Michael's are carrying better lines lately.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I went into Memory Lane this week and she said all the LSS closings (or closing sales) have really hurt her business. I feel bad for her. I've started emailing her for items before I buy online. I'd hate to have her close as well. She's by far the best LSS in the entire area IMO~~way better than even Murdocks, which was my favorite for a long time....but Mem. Lane surpasses Murdocks w/ the quality of her product. I'm going back in today. Got to do what I can to help her business! rofl

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

Where is Memory Lane again?? Are there sb stores in Raymond. My friend lives up there and if I visit her well I should parlay there. LOL

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons

I don't know of one in Raymond. I'll have to look, I'll be camping there next week...but I don't think there is.

Memory Lane is in Auburn. I was just there, again! rofl I'm there too much! Her DH even knows my kids name, so that's bad! and he's only there visiting, not like he works there. lol

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2

LOL, that's awesome.

LNZ
LNZ 
Veteran
LNZ
  • LNZ on 07-19-07 10:27 AM

there isnt one in Raymond that I know of but Oxford is close to there and thats where bee Scrappy is.

liveandBIKN2
Governor
liveandBIKN2
In response to LNZ

Gotcha! Thanks, haven't heard from my friend again so don't know when I'll be up that way.

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to lapeen2

Hi, I am new to the site but I live in Maine too. I live in Phillips Maine which is in Franklin County. I just started scrapbooking and I love it. I am so glad that I found this website.

tracys3sons
Expert
tracys3sons
In response to navyaowife2005

Phillips?? My friend's dh is from Phillips...she's on this site too but not so often these days. They go to Phillips all the time to see the in-laws.

Welcome to the site.

AngelP
AngelP 
Tenant
AngelP

OMG, how ironic??!!?? Tracy's right... I'm not around often, mostly lurking checking out new products, ideas, and sketches. I live in Windham but my FIL lives in Phillips, actually just over the line on Route 4 in Avon, but up there it seems all the same to me! LOL I think it's too funny that of all the days I check this site out, something hits VERY close to home.

JennaS
JennaS 
Diva
JennaS
In response to AngelP

It's so nice to find a few people from Maine here! I am in Burlington, about 45 miles North of Bangor.
Jenna

Mrs. Hutch
Guru
Mrs. Hutch

Hey all. I was born & raised in Maine. Actually, Alfred Maine. It's way far south. Between Sanford and Biddeford. Anyone go to Massabesic? Haha.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to Mrs. Hutch

Hi all I am from Maine too!!! I live in Stratton Maine. It is hard to be a scrapbooker in Maine because it is so spread out that if you don't have a scrapbooking store near you than you can't look at all the products, I buy a lot online.

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to farnsworth

I totally agree! But when I am near one I am so there! :smile :

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth

We have to go to the one in Auburn a girl on here was telling me about it and I am all about a field trip, I still haven't gotten to go to AC Moore yet your mom says I would go hog wild!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to farnsworth

I just posted in that other thread, we should totally go to that one and make it a field trip.

Yes you would have a hay day in A.C. Moore. They have one in Bangor, Augusta and Portland we I can see us making another field trip! :smile :

kristen622
Pro
kristen622

Hey fellow Mainers!

Anyone else in the Bangor area? Is anyone making the trip down to CK Manchester this weekend?

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to kristen622

I live over in the Western part of Maine. I was born in Bangor and my family is from Bar Harbor.

:smile :

nancyllake
Resident
nancyllake

Hi Mainers! I am in Augusta, Maine. I grew up in Jefferson and raised my kids in Washingto, Maine. I'm not totally new to this forum but I've not really posted much and would love to find scrappers who live nearby. I like to host crops and would love to meet some new scrap buddies. Most of the posts on this thread are old so I wanted to find out who is active now that lives in Maine or NH. I am about a 2 hour drive north of Portsmouth NH, and Bangor is about 1 hour and 15 minutes north of me! Feel free to PM me!

navyaowife2005
Idol
navyaowife2005
In response to nancyllake

I live in Phillips, it's over near Farmington. I am about 45 minutes or so away. I love going to Augusta so maybe sometime we can meet up. :smile :

DihanneJ
New Kid On the Block
DihanneJ
In response to LNZ

Welcome, I am in West Paris. We are neighbors. We scrapbook several times a month and would like to invite you Send me your email. [email protected] is mine Look forward to hearing from you. Diane

DihanneJ
New Kid On the Block
DihanneJ
In response to F Anthony

where is this place in Auburn...I know its been awhile since you posted this but since I just saw it...I thought I'd ask....I am in West Paris...thnx Di

Shes a Scrapper
Resident
Shes a Scrapper
In response to Beth1019

I LOVE Maine it is my home away from home... LOL I am looking for some scrapbookers to hang out with in the Wells, Ogunquit, or York part of Maine

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F
In response to Shes a Scrapper

Just wanted to let everyone know there is a new lss in Saco called Mom and Me. It opened about a month ago. It's small but carries things you don't find at ACM or Ms. and they will order things for you. They have classes and they will be emailing a monthly newsletter to those that sign up. I stopped in today and spent about an hour browsing and chatting with one of the owners. I thought their prices were pretty reasonable and of course bought several things. So if you get a chance stop by and check them out.

scrappincgwife
Idol
scrappincgwife
In response to Tracy F

• Tracy F Said:
Just wanted to let everyone know there is a new lss in Saco called Mom and Me. It opened about a month ago. It's small but carries things you don't find at ACM or Ms. and they will order things for you. They have classes and they will be emailing a monthly newsletter to those that sign up. I stopped in today and spent about an hour browsing and chatting with one of the owners. I thought their prices were pretty reasonable and of course bought several things. So if you get a chance stop by and check them out.

I went in the day of their grand opening and thought it was a very cute little place and the owners were very nice. I plan to go back tomorrow!

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics