Page 9 of 9 
Username Post: Michigan        (Topic#998858)
MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to babybs

it depends on where in Michigan you'll be... I'm in Kalamazoo and there's second Saturday crops at one of the LSS that are 12 hours and pretty reasonably priced. There's also a place in Paw Paw that has crops as well as a meetup scrapping group that plans stuff for this side of the state.

Crazy Croppers
New Kid On the Block
Crazy Croppers
In response to MeliMedina

Does anyone know of any good weekend bed & breakfast/retreats in Michigan? We have gone to Gotta Scrap Inn in Manchester 2 times now but our group is out growing them. We have about 20 scrappers.

erin13
erin13 
Pro
erin13
In response to Crazy Croppers

Hey everyone from MI! Isn't this warm weather fabulous?! I'm not sure if it is okay to put this here but if it isn't I'm hope no one takes offense. I wanted to let ya'll know that I'm hostessing a Mommy and Me scrapbooking day on May 24th in Grand Blanc (that is close to Flint). If anyone is interested please PM me with your email addy and I'll send you a flier for it. I have a pre-registration date set for May 11th so we get our supplies here in time. Thanks and I hope you will join me

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to erin13

Hey everyone. I used to frequent here every once in a while, but have been gone with work and toddlers. Anyway, I'm from southeast detroit. 75/696 interchange area. I am looking for some stores, the ones that I use to go to closed, so I have been hitting Michaels and Joann's, but would like a scrappy store. Also, i am going to the Expo in May on Saturday! I am so excited!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Croppin Momma

Hello Michiganders!!! I have a few weeks left of school then back to scrappin...whoo hoooo!!!! Our only local scrapbook store just shut down..grrr. Oh well, at least I will always have Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Not much longer until the expo! My 8 year old daughter is really geeked too. See ya'll in a few weeks!!! Keep scrappin!!!

sunshineann
Resident
sunshineann
In response to spot5194

Hello..i just recently moved to Michigan. The area i'm in doesnt have a Hobby Lobby, we do have a Michaels..and love the Coupons , being on a tight budget thats the only way to shop for me. I use to scrap years ago, packed it up and just recently started to pull it back out. I am in NW Michigan...

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to sunshineann

I think a lot of the scrapbook store s are shutting down. Not as many people are going out and buying new supplies all the time. Too expensive in this economy!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Guess it kind of forces you to use what you have before buying anything new, huh?

spot5194
Pro
spot5194

Hello!!!! Its good to be almost back!!! I went to the expo and didnt have a good as a time as I did last year. People seemed rude this year...maybe its just me. Anyways....spent sooo much money!!! I am hoping that I can get back into my wedding album, really want to get that done.

Hey Ann...where are you located?

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Lucinda

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to spot5194

Well, I'm glad that it sounds like I didn't miss that much at the Expo. I can't believe I missed it again this year. Just too much going on and my hours changed at work...stinks! Anyway, there's always next year right??

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE

Hi everyone. I just found this thread and started reading from page 1, then realized there were 40-some pages. I'm not reading all your old posts. hehe.

But I wanted to say hi to my fellow Michiganders.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to ScrappE

Hello ScrappE...where are you located at? I am near Lansing.

Still trying to find to scrap..grrrr!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Hey ladies! I'm also near Lansing.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Hey leesa,

Can you believe the closest scrapbook store is in Ovid??!!! Grrrrr!!!! Thats okay cuz HL and M's are soo much cheaper.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Oooh, then I have news for you! Do you know Piece of Mine in Grand Ledge? They now have a scrapbook section. They don't have as much as Pages in Time did, but they have some nice stuff. You should really check it out.

I just went to that store in Ovid for the first time 2 weeks ago. It's a really nice store. It's a 45 minute drive 1-way for me though.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

What is Piece of Mine? Never heard of it. I have a good friend that lives in Grand Ledge. I am surprised she hasnt told me about it..then again she doesnt scrap either. Yeah...Ovid is okay. Kinda bummed they wont pay for an interpreter for deaf people to take their classes..seems like that would help their sales. Thanks for the tip on that store!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Piece of Mine is actually a pottery painting place in Grand Ledge. They are *just* getting started with having a scrap area in their store. Your friend probably hasn't even heard it yet. I know about it because I'm on the "in" with the scrap world around here.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to Amigosa

mms

Idol

So how has everyone been? I am still here living in Dorr. The weather is very nice and I am ready to get back to scrapping.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Scrapbookingforfun

Okay..thats where you go and make your own pottery stuff. She loves it there!!! I still havent asked her about it...LOL.

I miss scrapping!!!! I have been so busy. Hopefully next week, after vacation, I can get back into gear!!! Really just want to finish my wedding album at this point!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

I'm going to a crop at Piece of Mine on Monday. I am SUPER excited! It'll be my first crop there.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Sooo...how did the crop go??? Cant wait to hear about it!!!

Just finishing up another wedding layout..only have like 10 more to go...LOL. I wish I had more time..c'mon people I am supposed to be on summer vacation!!!! LET ME SCRAPBOOK!!!! LOL!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Actually, I didn't end up getting to go to the crop because my son got sick with a cold/croup. I couldn't risk leaving him with a sitter and her get sick or him have trouble breathing and her freak out. I'm hoping to go to a crop in the beginning of July if I don't have this baby by then.

I sure hope you get to get more scrapping time in!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Amigosa

I just found this thread. Hi, I'm a way Up North scrapper and the only other scrappers I know here are Creative Memories which isn't my style. Any Yoopers around?

Hi - Leesa.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to scrap4brains

Hey Marlene! We should also tell Shannon about this thread, too. I never thought about telling you guys.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

I have this layout...its been sitting on my desk for weeks..why? you ask...LOL...I keep cutting out the letters and just leaving them on my desk and then some of the letters disappear..so I have to do it again. I finally glued what letters I do have, but have to cut out more. TG for the cricut.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

I can so relate to that! I've done that a few times, too. Hopefully you can get it done soon!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

LOL...whew I finally got it done last night. Should I attempt another one today with so much laundry to catch up on...thinking, thinking, thinking, prolly will tonight when its quiet...LOL.

I know there are scrapbook trolls out there, but I am yet to catch one.

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Today I am going to go to my lss. I'm excited to get some fun summer papers to scrap our vacation we just got back from. The lss makes me so beyond happy!!!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Have a great time at your "happy place". Awww cant wait to go to my "happy place". LOL!!!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to spot5194

Well, I never did make it to the lss the other day. I did however go today. They have such a strange mix of things. I only bought 2 bottles of Stickles and some rub-ons.

spot5194
Pro
spot5194
In response to Amigosa

Those rub-ons are cute!!! Thats all you walked away with??? I always end up spending to much money. I havent bought any scrapbook stuff in a long time...since the expo.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to spot5194

Good morning girls! Glad that there is some activity on the Michigan board!

I haven't been on in awhile-had some family stuff that took precendence over everything. But that is all calmed down now so I am claiming MY time back!

I am in Northern Michigan-close to Petoskey-anyone else up this way?

anggee
anggee 
New Kid On the Block
anggee
In response to kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner

I'm in East Jordan! We are planning a scrap book/stamping day at our church on July 28th...if you are interested let me know!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to anggee

Hi, just checking in, always looking for UPpers.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to anggee

I would be interested!! Is there a fee? What times and what church?

Do you get over this way often? We have a weekly crop at a shop in Petoskey every Friday night-cost is $10 and includes dinner-use of all her supplies (2 cricuts, sewing machine, cuttlebug, oodles of stamps..etc..) The host is a great lady named Bonnie.

There is also a fundraiser crop that I can let you know about in Charlevoix if you are interested.

Hope to chat soon!

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot

I'm in Traverse City - haven't done any crops for a few years. I do cards right now, am trying to get the momentum and ambition to start another scrapbook - but first I need to get the pics together. Where in Petoskey is this crop and is it every Friday? I was up there last weekend and found some cool stuff at Ben Franklins - is that right? Just down from the Mitchell St. Pub? My sister-in-law lives up there and we go up quite frequently for the weekend. Might have to drop in!

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to betsgratiot

Hi bets!! Ben Franklin (Scrapper's Attic) has a Friday night crop-but they will only hold it if 6 people are signed up by Wed. So that doesn't happen very often.

THe store we frequent on Friday nights is called Create a Card..Do you know where 7-11 is on the corner of Mitchell and Emmet St? It is up that road across from The Gold Mine Resale Shop. The owner is just amazing and the night is so much fun. If you are a card maker-you will love her store! She has tons of cards everywhere and 100s of stamps! I keep telling her I am coming in to just spend a day making cards.
Hope you make it up soon! Would love to meet there!!

Kathy

mamamouse
New Kid On the Block
mamamouse

Hello everyone- I'm from the U.P.- Marquette.. and I'm trying to find somewhere to go for a one day crop or weekend scrapping something or other..I need to get some dedicated time in, and learn! Although I've been scrapping and cardmaking on and off for years, I'd consider myself a beginner. Anyone know of anything coming up within driving distance of MQT?

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to mamamouse

Sorry I don't know of anything up that way!! I know of lots around this area though. So if you ever want to make the drive-just let me know...
Do you have any LSS around that you could contact about anything up and coming? Have you tried finding a Yahoo group for your area? Or dmarie.com is a good place to find people in your area also.

Welcome to the site!!

spot5194
Pro
spot5194

Anyone going to that stamp show in Novi in August? Not sure that I am going yet. I need to find out the cost first.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to spot5194

I won't be able to attend. I have some family ordeals in August that will take up most of my time and my 18th wedding anniv. is in Aug...

spot5194
Pro
spot5194

Awwwww!!!!

Our anniversary is also in Aug. We are celebrating our 10 years on the 7th. To think we met online..and were still married...LOL!!!

AKMBaby
Resident
AKMBaby
In response to spot5194

From St. Clair Shores, anyone else??

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to AKMBaby

I think that is down state some? Am I right? I am up in Northern MI around the Petoskey area..

AKMBaby
Resident
AKMBaby

Yep, its about 15-20 minutes outside of Detroit

New Kid On the Block
In response to AKMBaby

HI all from Gaylord just joined today I am behind the power curve but excited to be here

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to kerleyskreations

Hi!! Gaylord is only a hop skip and a jump from me!! So glad someone is close!! I am actually going to a fundrasing crop tonight in Charlevoix..If you get this and might be interested-let me know..Would be great to meet a fellow scrapper that is close by!!

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

Glad to see some activity on this thread. I am in Sault Ste. Marie and don't know of any crops. We certainly don't have much in the way of scrap shops here.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner

We host a monthly crop in Charlevoix-don't know if you would want to drive down for that...And we are trying to get a group together for Friday night crops at the LSS here in Petoskey. That is $10 and provides dinner and 20% off any purchases. The monthly crop is free and is held usually the 4th Sat. at the Charlevoix Public Libary.
If anyone is interested just PM me and I can give you more details.

Rose M
Rose M 
Resident
Rose M
In response to spot5194

Hi I'm from the Saginaw area. I go to Scrapbook Peddler. It a very good store.

Bridget Carol
New Kid On the Block
Bridget Carol

Hi Kathy,
I live down state in Berkley, we come up to Harbor Springs about 4 x a year...I'm new to scrapbooking. What LSS would you recommend when I visit next?

bridget

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bridget Carol

Hi, I'm a beginning scrapbooker from the Northville/Livonia area.

Edited by eroggenbuck on 09-26-09 03:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lady_Dread_Head
New Kid On the Block
Lady_Dread_Head
In response to eroggenbuck

Hi,
I live in Cadillac. I've lived in Saginaw and grew up in Flint. My favorite stores, "Scrapbook Peddler" and "A Cherry On Top" in Saginaw , "Forget Me Not" in Traverse City, and "Arnie's Arts & Crafts" in Houghton Lake. There is the Scrapbook Hut here in Cadillac as well. It's a little on the small side. But, they try very hard to provide a good selection.
Felicia

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to Lady_Dread_Head

I've been to the Scrapbook Peddler and really liked it.

Luv2cr8
Idol
Luv2cr8

Is anyone going to a crop in West Michigan in November or December?

Cardmakinggmaof2
Resident
Cardmakinggmaof2
In response to eroggenbuck

Small world, I'm from Livonia too. Do you go cropping anywhere?

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to Cardmakinggmaof2

Checking to see if anyone is going to be in the Petoskey area in the next few weeks and would like to get together and scrap..Please let me know..

betsgratiot
Veteran
betsgratiot

Hey Kay, do you ever come to Traverse City ... do you live in/near Petoskey? My sil lives north in Levering and we often go up there on the weekends.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to betsgratiot

Yeah I live in Walloon Lake actually-about 10 min. south of Petoskey. My son is a senior at Petoskey High School.
I will be in Traverse on Friday-hoping to make it to the store-Not Just a Memory is that the only scrapbooking store left in TC?

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Lots of northerners and easterners joining in. I'm a Westerner here. Glad to see the thread has picked up again!

Merry Christmas everyone!

jmaliniak
New Kid On the Block
jmaliniak

Hi there I am new and I am from near Pt. Huron, anyone around me?

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to jmaliniak

Hope everyone is having a great New Year's weekend!

AmyK75
AmyK75 
Veteran
AmyK75

Hi all you cold snow bunnies!!!

I live in Madison Heights (subburb of Detroit) and I'm originally from Bay City.

Happy New Year!!

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to AmyK75

Is anyone going to be traveling up north any time soon..We are going to be having a free crop at the Charlevoix Libary on the 23rd of Jan. It goes from 10am-4pm.. We have lots of fun-hope to see you there...

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Has anyone from Western MI looked at the Yahoo group for the Kalamazoo Area Scrappers? Assuming, that is, that you're near enough to make it worthwhile.

Kristy the Odd Girl
Veteran
Kristy the Odd Girl

I'm right over near Holland. Anyone near there? I grew up in Kalamazoo

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Kristy the Odd Girl

I'm in Kalamazoo, Kristy.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner

I will be in the Kalmazoo area next weekend-is there any scrapbooking stores in the area..

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Kathy, we only have one LSS now (used to have 3 at one point). It's on 9th Street by Walmart. It's called Masterpiece Memories. The owner is really great and if you're going on Saturday, it's the 12-hour crop day and I'll be there as well!

New Kid On the Block

LOOKING FOR FELLOW SCRAPPERS IN KZOO AREA WHO MIGHT WANT TO GET TOGETHER AND SCRAP EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, LET ME KNOW. I'M A 28 YEAR OLD EXPECTING MOTHER FOR OUR FIRST, AND WANT TO GET A JUMP START ON HIS SCRAPBOOK, AND ALSO HAVE OTHER PROJECTS THAT NEED TO BE DONE, UGH! LIKE OUR WEDDING FROM 8 YEARS AGO! Looking to meet new firends and learn more from fellow scrappers.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Scrapin Sam

Hey Sam! I'm in the Kalamazoo area and there's even a scrapbooking group on Yahoo for this area. Please PM me if you're interested!

mld08
mld08 
Tenant
mld08
  • mld08 on 03-08-10 03:54 PM

Hello Everyone.
I am also from Michigan. I am currently living in Marquette, going to school here. I am originally from Ontonagon,MI though.

3bells 
New Kid On the Block
In response to mld08

Grand Haven Area (mear Muskegon).

Digital scrapbooker here. Anyone heard of digital scrapbooking clubs? They had one in the Villages in Florida but I wasn't there long enough to get involved. Guess everyone brought their laptops. :-)

nallycats
New Kid On the Block
nallycats

Hi Melissa, I'm also from Kalamazoo and would like to join the Yahoo group.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

hi all Clakston michigan here:)

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to lisal76

JCI

momofcody
Veteran
momofcody

Hello! I'm from just south of Battle Creek.

Pastor Joyce
Tenant
Pastor Joyce
In response to momofcody

Greetings from midtown Detroit!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Pastor Joyce

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner

Any new members from the Petoskey/Northern Mi area. I havent done much scrappin this summer-seems I never do in the summer. But would love to get some stuff planned for the fall and winter!!

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to kellmill78

Anyone in the Petoskey area? We are trying to get a group of girls together for a Friday night crop on the 13th. It is my best friends bday and I am hoping to get enough girls for the store to host the crop. We need 6 and have 3 so far...Let me know if your interested!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Hi every one I live in Carson City Michigan. I've been on sb.com since the first of the year and only now discovered this site.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to debby_westbrook

Hi Debby!!!

CTMH.Bee
Tenant
CTMH.Bee

Hi everyone, I live in Chesterfield, north east Macomb county.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to CTMH.Bee

Hi Belinda!

Cardmakinggmaof2
Resident
Cardmakinggmaof2

Hi everyone! I live in Livonia, a suburb of Detroit.

Veteran
In response to Cardmakinggmaof2

I live in Traverse City.

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains
In response to SHARON ELISE

Is there a scrapbook store in TC?

Veteran

They have Joann's and Michael's. . Our only real scrapbook store closed a year ago.

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
In response to SHARON ELISE

Hey girls I haven't been on here in forever! Just recently moved to Mackinac Island and missing all my scrapping friends...
Gotta get used to buying more on line and making sure I don't run out of stuff...
Happy Scrapping!

kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner
Expert
kaybear93 Kathy Hoeppner

Anyone still on here?

Page 9 of 9 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics