Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 01:56 PM

Welcome to Mississippi!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Kels

Wow, this is so exciting to be the first to post on our state thread. Of course, there are not many of us from Mississippi around.

Expert
In response to pentwinmom

Ok, I just found this - but yay! How are ya Penny? I finally made it to the store in Byram - you're right - that's a cool store. The Clinton store is nice - but the Byram one has different stuff. I haven't made it to any of the others you told me about yet.

Did you get all that rain we got last night? I woke up to some thunder right over my house at 2:30 this morning. not fun at all.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

rain, rain and more rain -- it was bad here. I was worried because I thought it was going to hail again. We had to replace the roof after the last storm.

I really like the fact that all the stores are so different; each one has things that the others don't offer.

jlyne
jlyne 
Tenant
jlyne
  • jlyne on 04-02-05 02:31 AM

I am here in Biloxi! Good to meet y'all! That rain was awful, wasn't it? We have to replace one of our gutters.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to jlyne

Hi jlyne, nice to meet you.

Expert

Nice to meet you jlyne!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

Just wanted to let everyone know that Crop Connection is having another big crop, July 15 & 16 at Hinds Community College in Raymond, MS. The registration opened today.

You can go to their website. It is is .net address. Registration opened today, but there is still not a lot of info on the site.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Oops, the crop is at the Pearl branch of Hinds, not the Raymond brand, sorry.

Expert

Thanks for the heads up. Have you ever been? I was thinking about checking into whether or not I could attend but didn't know what to expect. I'm off to check out the site.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

I've never been. The store at Byram was one of the sponsors last time, they haven't been contacted about it this time. Some of the ladies there are planning to go. As soon as I have more info, I will let you know.

Also the Byram store on their website, they have started a forum. They also have a posting contest. If you post 25 times before May 7, you go by the store and put your name in a drawing for a prize.

Also, they have monthly contests listed there. I will pm you the site.

Expert

How bad did the storms get you today? Luckily, I work in Vicksburg and most everything was east of there after the stuff early this morning went through. Hope everything's ok down your way.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

We had a couple of waves that went through that were bad. At school where I teach, we were in the hall twice. I woke up my family early this morning when the first wave went through. A couple of trees near us had limbs blown out; one tree also got hit by lightning. Some hail, but not bad.

We were lucky compared to some of the other areas in the state.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

I think I had just gotten finished posting this when it started lightning. Before I could get off the computer, another strong wave hit. We lost power for a little while, had more wind, more rain, and some more hail.

Expert

Goodness. I'm glad you're all ok. Thankfully it didn't hit us to bad. We got a lot of rain but that's about it. Although, I did get rear-ended yesterday by some idiot who thought he could still stop at the last minute even though the roads were wet. I was even stopped at a red light! Luckily, he was very responsible and admitted to the cop it was his fault before I could tell my story. Of course, now it's the hassle of dealing with the insurance people - especially since it was a rental car b/c my car was in the shop getting serviced. Joy oh joy.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

oh. I am glad that you are okay. It is amazing how crazy people are when they are driving in bad weather.

The Florence store is having a big birthday sale this weekend. Here is the info that Carrie emailed out.

Friday Night and all Day Saturday April 8th & 9th come crop for free. We will be open till Midnight on Friday & Saturday.

Participate in free Make & Takes.

A $200 gift basket will be given away Saturday Evening at Close of business. (For every $20.00 spent in our store Friday & Saturday your name will go into the drawing for the gift basket)

For our online customers, every order will have a surprise envelope with 25%-50% off your next online purchase.

Balloon Specials all day with savings up to 50%

Join us online in our Forum for another "Customer Calls It" sale April 9th 6:00pm - Midnight (central time)!

Markdowns from 20% - 50% all evening!

To make it even more fun we'll include the sale in our Brick & Mortar store. So join us here in person or online for a fun filled Birthday Sales Event! Store will be open throughout the sale.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hello, Penny, Kristen & jlyne. This is the first time I've peeked in the States and Regions section. I live near the coast, but will be moving (temporarily) to Tupelo at the end of the summer.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Moonflower

Hi, Angela. Glad to see you found our little thread.

What is everyone doing for NSD -- I know that the stores in McComb, Bryam, and Florence, all have things planned for the day.

Also, I just found out that there is a new store in Flowood -- near Dogwood Mall. They had some neat things. I just went in for a little while.

Expert

Hi Angela - so glad you found us.

I'm not sure what I'm doing for NSD - I kind of want to check out the make and takes at the store in Byram, but don't know if I'll make it.

Thanks for the headsup on the store in Flowood Penny. I'll have to check it out. You always seem to find the neatest stores. Oh, fyi, the store that used to be in the outlet mall in Vburg left apparently.

Expert
In response to KristenB

Just wanted to let y'all know that the store in Vburg has doubled the amount of scrapbook stuff they carry. They now have SEI too and have expanded all their MM metal stuff! Now if I could just afford some of it

Penny, this is the one that's on that road behind El Sombrero. Are you going to try and be at ASF on Saturday? I want to go and do those make and takes - they sound fun. Hopefully I can make it.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

I should be there Sat. I don't know exactly what time, but I plan to go. I have asked one of my students to babysit, and I am waiting for her to let me know if she can.

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479

Hi All, I just found the Mississippi posting and thought I'd stop in and say Hello!! I'm from Columbia, but have been living in England for the past 2 1/2 years now. I just started posting on this site and I have to say I love it. I hold crops here about twice a month and everyone loves them. I also receive a few monthly kits from different sites. There's so many it's hard to choose at times.

Well, I hope everyone's doing good especially with the hurricane floating around out in the Gulf. Hopefully it'll die down before it hits land, it's a long shot but you never know.

Take care ya'll!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to scrapaddict_479

Welcome Crystal. Come and visit with us more often.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I recently joined, and just located the regional postings. Everyone at this site have been great. I just sent off a donation package to the Crop4theCure, that is going to be held in Iowa. Are there any crops or conventions scheduled nearby in the upcoming months?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to lcmemories

In what part of MS do you live? There is the Scrappin on the River which is coming up in a week or two. It is in Natchez, I think.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I live in Jackson. Does the Scrappin on the River have a website?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

LHC2266 said:

I don't know of one, and I don't know what I did with the flyer I picked up about it.

Do you know where all of the stores are in our area? I will be glad to fill you in on them. I am from Hazlehurst, so I am about thirty minutes south of Jackson.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

LHC2266 said:

Okay, found it. I will pm you the information.

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle

Hey girls..... As you can see I am living in Alabama, but my DH and I grew up in Mississippi and my heart is still there...... My father was a baptist minister and we lived all over MS - Ponatoc, Tinsley (Yazoo City), Morgan City, Straight Bayou (Near Belzoni), Greenville, Vardaman, Port Gibson, Columbus, and Brandon.... I LOVE MS and hope after I receive my nurse practioner's degree to go back to MS to a small rural town and practice.

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I just feel a kinship with you Mississippi gals.

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479
In response to nanniebelle

Hi Janie, Welcome, I grew up in Mississippi but haven't lived there for over 2 years now but my heart is still there as well as all my family.

Drop in anytime.

Take care,

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Hey Janie, definitely come by and visit.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Welcome Janie. Where are you living in Alabama?

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle

Leeds which is about 15 minutes from Birmingham.

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-01-05 02:18 PM

Hi all!

I am new to scrapbooking and it is great to see some others from MS who enjoy it! I went to my first cropping a few weeks ago and loved it. Now I have all these ideas and not enough time to do them...and I want to do them all at once!! What a dilemma...

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to SSP

Welcome, My name is Penny and I have been scrapping for just over a year now. I love to go to crops as well and often go to those at my LSS.

Where in MS do you live? I live in Hazlehurst (which is central MS -- about 30 min. south of Jackson).

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-01-05 09:24 PM

Hi Penny! Thanks for the welcome!

I live in Ridgeland. There are crops going on at Michael's on County Line and Scrappin' Divas (near Dogwood). I haven't been to one at Scrappin' Divas yet, but I may go this Friday if they have one. I will have to check their cal. but as of today they have not updated it on their website. The "Scrappin' on the River" sounds fun, but I can't make it. I already had something planned. I do volunteer work with my Therapy Dog, Lady, and we have a visit at a nursing home Saturday. Plus, I have already spent a few $$$ lately!!

~~~~~~
Susan

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to SSP

Hi Susan.
I haven't been to a crop at Scrappin Divas. I usually go to ASF - A Scrappin Friendsy in Byram for crops. They have website and forum boards also. You can come by and check it out if you would like. Let me know if you would like the address.

Expert

Hey everybody! I haven't checked the Mississippi thread in awhile. So glad that Penny's been greeting everybody. I'm like Penny - I usually go to ASF as well and love their website. It's nice to know people from the same area that you can see in person.

Btw Penny - I promise I'll make it to a crop eventually. Preferably one that you're attending.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SSP

Hi Susan,
I think I met you at the Michael's crop a few weeks ago. Good to see you here. I really love this website. Everyone is so friendly. Hope to see you again sometime soon.
Laura

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

Quote:

nanniebelle said:

Janie...What are you doing over here? I guess you are doing the same thing I am. Checking out our neighbors.

Hi everyone, I am Sam aka Sandra from North Alabama.

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle
In response to IamSamScrapper

You know Sam I make my rounds.

IamSamScrapper
Governor
IamSamScrapper

I know what you mean Florence Nightingale

nanniebelle
Expert
nanniebelle

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-04-05 06:44 AM

Penny

I did a search and found the ASF website. Thanks for telling me about them! I haven't been there yet. I just moved from Byram to Ridgeland in Feb., but never knew they were there. Thanks again!!

SSP 
New Kid On the Block
  • SSP on 08-04-05 06:47 AM

Hi Laura,

Yes, I was at the last Michael's crop. Nice to talk to you again! I do like this forum...I will probably be at some more Michael's crops and maybe at some of the other stores I have learned about!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to SSP

Quote:

SSP said:
Hi Laura,

Yes, I was at the last Michael's crop. Nice to talk to you again! I do like this forum...I will probably be at some more Michael's crops and maybe at some of the other stores I have learned about!!

I think Penny and I both may be going to a crop on the 26th of this month at the shop in Byram. It is a pajama crop and will go all night (if anyone can stay that long). It should be alot of fun, if you want to join us.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

LHC2266 said:
Quote:

SSP said:
Hi Laura,

I think Penny and I both may be going to a crop on the 26th of this month at the shop in Byram. It is a pajama crop and will go all night (if anyone can stay that long). It should be alot of fun, if you want to join us.

Yeah, I will be there. And Polly, one of the owners of ASF, said we could even wear our pajamas if we wanted. I doubt I actually wear pjs though.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Quote:

IAmSamScrapper said:
Quote:

nanniebelle said:

Janie...What are you doing over here? I guess you are doing the same thing I am. Checking out our neighbors.

Hi everyone, I am Sam aka Sandra from North Alabama.

Hi Sam. Glad you came by to meet the neighbors.

I lived in Tuscaloosa for two years while I was in graduate school, probably would have stayed there, but I got married and he lived in my home town, so I came back home after grad school.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Was just checking in to see if any of you have heard of recent upcoming events? I just checked out a LSS for the first time, and the paper selection was fantastic. Also, I saw on another thread that we might need to check out the new Hobby Lobby this week. I saw where one opened up in Flowood near the Dogwood Mall.

--Laura

Expert

Yes, the Hobby Lobby on lakeland opened up last week. I know Michael's is having Scrapbook Discovery Day I think this coming Sat. Not sure what else is going on though.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

Went to Hobby Lobby last week, and the sale was incredible. I am surprised I got out of there after having spent only $30! Almost everything I purchased was 50% off. Thanks for the heads up on the Discovery Day. That looks like fun!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hope everyone stays safe during this storm. Check in when you can and let us know if you made it through this ok.

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

I hope that you are all staying safe! If you have been affected by this horrible storm and have suffered damages, please check out my thread on the Swaps board which is there to help you.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post/1237774/

Just state what you need, and our wonderful neighbours will do our best to help you out......YOU ARE NOT ALONE! WE ARE HERE TO HELP YOU!

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479
In response to CanadianGirl

Hope everyone is doing good. My family lived in Columbia, MS and they've survived. My grandma's storage shed was crushed and the power lines riped from the house, my sister's trailer tiled a little but nothing serious and my mom's roof was messed up in several places. But all survived. I've been calling all day today to make sure everyone was ok. I've been so worried.

My mother and father in law live in Louisiana and I haven't been able to get a hold of them yet. Hopefully I'll get through soon.

If anyone needs anything let me know and I'll do what I can.

Take care

CanadianGirl
Diva
CanadianGirl

I have started a new thread for people who need help or people who want to help.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post//

IF YOU NEED HELP, PLEASE GO HERE!

KarenRosieRay
Governor
KarenRosieRay
In response to CanadianGirl

Prayers are with you guys!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to KarenRosieRay

My thoughts and prayers are with you all!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to scraprabbit

We finally have power and water again at my house, and I live about 200 miles north of the coast.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

My husband just called me at work, and we have power again! The rest of my family in South Mississippi are all doing fine; just struggling without power. My prayers go to everyone who has been affected by this storm.

Penny, I am so glad you and your family are doing ok.

Scrapaddict 469, it is good to hear that your family made it through this, and I hope you also hear from your in-laws soon.

CanadianGirl, thank you so much for all you are doing.

Take care!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

i just wanted to make sure everybody is doign okay and my prayers are with all of you!!!!

Alameda
New Kid On the Block
Alameda
In response to scrappinshortie

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Expert

We're fine here. I'm right outside of Jackson about 3 hours inland. We had a ton of tree and wind damage. All kinds of old old oak trees are down, signs down, roofs peeled up, etc. Schools are set to start back either Thursday or Monday depending on where they're located. Thankfully, it hasn't affected us to terribly much. Our biggest problem right now (since power has mostly been restored to the area) is not the gas prices but the gas availability. (Thankfully, I have a job where I can work from home when needed and my boss is letting me do that for now.) At least half the stations are closed due to running out and not getting anymore. The other half seem to get gas and run out quickly due to 2-3 hour lines. The police have been directing traffic to help it flow better. It's crazy. The grocery stores still haven't had a chance to really restock cold stuff. The other day they were still getting rid of the cold stuff that had gone bad. Thankfully though, we're all ok and making it. It's just frustrating that everything seems to be closing at 7-8 due to a 9pm curfew that they put in place. I guess it's b/c the schools and colleges are out and they want to keep people from "hanging out".

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well so far too!

emmam
emmam 
Veteran
emmam
  • emmam on 09-06-05 12:37 PM

I just found the MS page. I am excited to see that there are some fellow scrappers close by. I live about 5 minutes from Clinton. We got some damage here, but not too bad. Just glad to have power and to be back home. Now, I have just got to get back to scrappin'.

Expert
In response to emmam

emmam, where exactly do you live? I live in Clinton too! I didn't think I'd ever see anybody on this board from where I am.

emmam
emmam 
Veteran
emmam
  • emmam on 09-06-05 02:25 PM
In response to KristenB

I live on N. Siwell Rd, right over the Clinton line

Expert
In response to emmam

Cool - I'm not sure exactly where that is, but doesn't sound to far from me. I'll have to go look it up on a map. I'm close to the YMCA in Clinton. I know where Siwell Rd is in S. Jackson but don't know if that's the same road?

I just looked it up on the map. You're not that far away. In fact, I usually go to my in-laws by taking Springridge to Raymond Rd towards Siwell. That's neat to find somebody so close by.

emmam
emmam 
Veteran
emmam
  • emmam on 09-06-05 02:54 PM
In response to KristenB

Yeah it is funny that we are so close. I'm in Clinton more than anything. I do like the fact of being kind of out of town. It's a lot quieter. I know exactly where the Y is. If you turn off Springridge onto S. Mcraven you run into Siwell. I am before you get to 18.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to emmam

Hi Emma. Glad you found our little thread. I guess we need to chat more and make it longer.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Things are slowly getting back to normal here. Of course, still a lot of things are not in the grocery stores (haven't restocked completely) but things are better.

Thanks to everyone who has given well wishes and prayers.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Wanted everyone to know about the $1 sale going on at Target. They had a great selection of fiber and yarn. Also, there were some neat stamps, ink pads, and spiral notebooks for $1 each. The display is at the front, just as you enter the store.

New Kid On the Block

Hi Guys,
Calling all Mississippians!

I just wanted to let you guys know about the 24hr "Get Er' Don" Stamp-A-Thon Sept. 16th-17th at Mississippi Paper Arts. We're working with US Artquest to comeplete Card kits for Victims of Katrina. You can find all the information on our site. www.mspaperarts.com.

We will be making about 15,000 cards!

Come join us as we stamp the night away.

Thanks,
Carrie
www.mspaperarts.com

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to scrapdnms

Hey, ya'll. I keep forgetting about this thread. Thought I'd pop in and say hello.

I'm putting it in my favorites now so I will come back and visit.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Well, I haven't gotten much scrappin done over the past week. I probably need to be working on my lo's more, and spending time here less, but I am addicted to this site. Hope everyone is doing ok. I have toggled this thread too, so I will know to check it more often.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

I keep this post toggled as well, so I will know when people post.

I haven't done much scrapping myself. I am going to have to get focus on it soon!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Penny & Laura. I've haven't found much scrapping time lately either. Sounds like an epidemic. Moving, fixing new house, school, new job, and hurricane seem to take up all my time. Hopefully I'll get set up soon. I have so much I want to do!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I took the day off today! At work, we call days like this "mental health" days, instead of sick days. My husband just went out of town (I am a little bit glad), so I have had the house all to myself today. I am about to leave to pick up my ds from daycare, and we are heading to Hobby Lobby to see if I can get some money back where I was charged too much on Friday. Wish me luck!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Good for you, Laura! I hope you had some luck yesterday---I hate trying to get money back and returning stuff. I usually bring dh with me and beg him to do it.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Quote:

scrapaddict_479 said:
Hope everyone is doing good. My family lived in Columbia, MS and they've survived.

Hey, scrapaddict. I have family not far from yours. They live out in the woods near Foxworth. They had a time with the storm too, but are all okay.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I read back through the whole thread...looks like ya'll all live over near Jackson. I guess I need to recruit someone from North Mississippi since that's where I am now. There's a scrapbook store in Tupelo and a Hobby Lobby. I could just pass out fliers there. LOL

Alright, I will give the thread back to ya'll. I just don't want to work today.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Well, I don't blame you for not wanting to work. All my warm fuzzy feelings from being off yesterday disappeared shortly after I got to work today. However, the Hobby Lobby was not as bad as I had thought it would be. The manager was really nice, and I got credited for close to $5. I know that is not very much money, but it just bothered me that the clerk overcharged me. I usually just let those things go, because I hate having to ask for money back. I did find out that Hobby Lobby rarely scans anything, and you have to depend on the clerks to know what is on sale. So just be sure to check your receipts if you go there.

Angela, I am glad to hear that everyone in your family is ok. Did I see a post where you were worried about getting your dogs moved, or was that someone else? Hope you have gotten everything sorted out from the storm. My family is in Greene County, which is southeast from Hattiesburg, and they are still cleaning up from the hurricane.

Take care girls, and I will check in again tomorrow.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Yeah, I'm a hawk at Hobby Lobby register myself. I hate the no scanning thing.

Yes, it was me with my poor dogs on the coast. Thanks for asking. My wonderful parents took care of them for me. By the time we were sure I needed to go get them it was too late to try to get down and back. It doesn't take long for the traffic to back up from those evacuating. Everyone thinks evacuating is easy, but it's so much easier to stay home. My babies still aren't up here with me yet---hopefully next weekend. My other home is in Jackson county and that's where a lot of my family and dh's family live.

Glad your family is okay. We drove down the weekend after so we saw how bad it was all the way down from Tupelo. Even up here we lost power for a day.

scrapaddict_479
Resident
scrapaddict_479

Quote:

Hey, scrapaddict. I have family not far from yours. They live out in the woods near Foxworth. They had a time with the storm too, but are all okay.

Hi Moonflower, My family actually lives in Foxworth on Hwy 587. I hardly ever say Foxworth because no one knows where it is. Glad your family is ok.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Does everyone in the Columbia/Foxworth area have electricity and other utilities now? I haven't been back to the Hattiesburg area since the storm, but I am going home this weekend to see my mom.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Laura, maybe not everyone, but I think all of the family I have there has gotten there electricity back. I would think it safe to assume most have unless their homes were too damaged. Have a safe trip.

Crystal, we do the same thing--just call it Columbia.

New Kid On the Block

I would like to say A Great Big Thanks to those of you who are sending Stamped Chrismas Cards!

Scrapbookers & Stampers have such big hearts.

We are over halfway to our goal. With the Rubberstamp Club Stamp-A-Thon and donations from all over the country we have completed 7,758 cards to date!

Goal: 15,000

Total stamped to date: 7,758

Total left to stamp: 7,242

Carrie
www.mspaperarts.com

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to scrapdnms

Hope that everyone is ok. Lots of sirens going off here, and there are tornadoes all over the State. Stay safe, and check in when you can.

Expert

Stay safe Laura!
We were playing dodge the tornados yesterday and early this morning. We got a wakeup siren at 5am and then another at 6 just when we were trying to drift back off to sleep. Not fun at all. After the second one I just got up and of course, there hasn't been one since. Yesterday was annoying - probably had 2-3. I hope we don't get any more - they're not fun. One yesterday I saw from my house. It was a very week tornado (not even sure it was an actual tornado or just the wall cloud that they were talking about) but it was in west Clinton and I'm in east Clinton and I could see it over the trees. Quite a freaky site but kind of cool at the same time. of course, stupid me - I didn't grab my camera to take a picture of it.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

If I had seen it, I probably would not have thought to have taken a photo either. It would be cool to have been able to have caught that though. We have had at least three sirens today already. Just alot of rain here. I sure do hate those sirens!

Expert

I hate the sirens too! Our's is less than a block from our house! Between it going off and if a train comes through at the same time I always say that we're going to get hit by a tornado and never hear it.

Thankfully when I got up this morning all the weather has moved out of MS! Now I just hope the people in Alabama stay safe!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to KristenB

Hey, Kristen & Laura. This siren thing is new to me. We don't have them on the coast. I don't think the town where we live now has them either...I should find out. But they probably have them near the school over here.

At any rate we are safe up here in north MS--the campus is cluttered with limbs and leaves--that's about it.

Hope everyone else is well.

Expert

Glad to hear you're safe Angela. I grew up in the county and we didn't have them out there. As far as I know they're just in the city limits. I think the sirens freak me out more than the actual tornados because I didn't grow up with them.

New Kid On the Block

I just wanted to post an update on where we are on the Holiday Cards for Katrina Victims.

This week we've gotten cards in from Bowling Green, Ohio; Toledo, Ohio; our local Stamp Club and Hawaii. We are so excited that we are so close to our goal.

Goal: 15,000

Total stamped to this post: 9,192

Total left to stamp: 5,808

Thanks,
Carrie
www.mspaperarts.com

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to scrapdnms

Wow, that is great!! I plan to get by there October 1 for the PMS (Pictures, Memories and Scrapbooking) Club meeting, and maybe I can help some then. I am a newbie at stamping though, but I am willing to give it a go.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing? Has anyone worked on any of the cards Carrie is doing for the Katrina victims?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I am still in a bit of a rut, and I have not gotten much done lately. Some photos I ordered from Snapfish just arrived yesterday, so I hope to finish at least one lo this weekend. Other than that, things are pretty quiet around here. Any exciting news?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Exciting, not really. Especially not in the area of sbing.

I'm going 'home' this weekend to get my dogs and work on my yard. There's a family whose home was flooded that really want to rent from us as soon as we can get our stuff out of the way.

I had two tests this week and I think I have an A and a C. And I haven't been doing a good 'job' at my assistantship job this week.

Not much time for cards or sbing. Hopefully I will make time soon...I have so many sbing projects going.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oh, Laura, have fun at your meeting. Our ya'll getting some of this cool air?

It's been in the 60s & 70s up here, but it's heating back up for the weekend. Just as well, I'm headed to the coast and I know it's still hot there.

Expert

The high today around here was 77 I think! I actually tossed on a jean jacket over my short-sleeve shirt this morning since I left the house before the sun came up. It was just chilly enough for it and boy did that feel good.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

I am glad it cooled off a little. When is the fair going to be in town? It should be sometime soon. I always think of that as the "official" beginning of the fall. Well, that and football games. Definitely looking forward to grabbing lunch at the fairgrounds at least one day while it is in Jackson.

Angela, good luck with getting your house ready to rent. It sounds like you are going to have a busy weekend. At least your dogs will soon be back home with you. I bet you have missed them! The photos you posted in your gallery look great. Left some comments.

Take care everyone, and have a great weekend!

Expert

Laura - I think the fair starts this Wed on the 5th. Not 100% sure about that but I think that's what I've heard on the radio.

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics