Page 4 of 7 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to KristenB

Oh, oughta know that, hadn't I. Use to keep up with that and go to Beauvoir till the past 2 years or so. Much too far a drive now! I'm a bit of a Civil War buff---not the war stuff as much as the era---you know the romantic South and all.

Hope you enjoyed your day off, Laura!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Moonflower

Happy Friday everyone!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to lcmemories

You too!! Not much rest in store for the weary here. But soon there will be.

Anything fun going on with ya'll??

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

checking in with everyone!

Things are crazy for me with school right now, but the end definitely is in sight!

The site where I am on the DT is going to have a cybercop for May -- it starts Monday morning at 10:00 cst. Let me know if you want some info on it.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to pentwinmom

Send me some info!! I can always use this as motivation to get some pages finished!

Expert

It sounds like there are some really good challenges this time! I would ask for some info Penny but I've already got it. :P (Sorry, in a silly mood this morning for some reason)

Btw, Penny, I wanted to thank you again for inviting me to that store! I'm very thankful for it!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

I have joined a BG monogram swap that still has openings, if anyone is interested. The monograms can be any font, but must be 3 inches tall, mounted on chipboard and covered with BG pp, and embellished. If you want a link, just let me know. Thanks!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Happy National Scrapbooking Day!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hope you had a good one, Laura. Not much play time for me. Might would be interested in the swap if I had time...thanks for sharing. Hope it feels up for ya'll!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in. Doesn't seem like there is much going on in this thread any more. Hope everyone is doing ok. Happy Thursday!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Laura! How goes it down in mid-MS?

It's almost the weekend and I took my last final today! I'm exhausted from lack of sleep and lots of studying! I've been puttering around all day, getting nothing accomplished really.

Hello, to all you other MS-ians!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Hey everyone! Really busy with me and the end of school -- counting down the days!!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I bet you are, Penny!

I experienced my first bout with marble size hail this morning. It was too weird!

kjmit
kjmit 
Tenant
kjmit
  • kjmit on 05-15-06 01:42 PM

Hi all! It is nice to see a MS group. Just getting back into scrapping and sb.com.
Katie

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to kjmit

Hey, Katie! I'm from Vancleave, but I'm temporarily up north near Tupelo. How are you doing down there?

kjmit
kjmit 
Tenant
kjmit
  • kjmit on 05-15-06 02:47 PM

Doing good, finally getting the house back together enough to start scrapping! My parents live in the Cleave, nice to meet you!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to kjmit

Cool! Nice to meet you too! I know it's rough down there...all our family is there. It's always good to hear things are coming together for people back home. Looking forward to seeing more of your LOs in the gallery!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to kjmit

• kjmit Said:
Hi all! It is nice to see a MS group. Just getting back into scrapping and sb.com.
Katie

hi Katie! Nice to meet you!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Katie!! It is nice to meet you!

leah81
leah81 
Tenant
leah81

Hi, I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Leah (24) and I'm from Tupelo. I just started scrapping in February and moved quickly to digiscrapping. I have a 2 (3 next month) year old daughter and a great husband (a yankee) named Chris. I'm originally from Gulfport. I've lived in Gulfport, Tupelo, Columbus (I went to MUW) Atlanta and New York. My husband works from home so we decided to move to my "hometown" of Tupelo. Anyway, nice to meet y'all

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to leah81

Hi Leah!!! Welcome!

Expert

Hi Leah - glad to see you've joined our group!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

Hi Leah! Nice to "meet" you.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

So, has everyone had a great holiday weekend?? I took my ds to the Jackson zoo today, and I was so impressed with the latest additions there. This was our first trip in almost one year, and the improvements were worth the wait. The giraffes actually galloped around (and seemed so happy). There was an indoor otter exhibit, that was amazing, and the otters were having a blast playing with each other, and putting on a show for everyone. We had a super time!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!

Hope you have a great and safe holiday!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

It is Friday!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Welcome, Leah. I'm in Pontotoc! Fun to see a close neighbor! I'm actually from Vancleave and consider it home especially since we are planning on going back next year.

Laura, I was reading about the Jackson Zoo in the paper the other day. Sounds like they have been doing a lot of work! It's good to hear that they are improving.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Just wanted to check in and say "hi" to everyone!

School is out for me, so I am enjoying my summer break.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I have a busy week at work, but hopefully, things will slow down a bit after Friday. So, what scrapping projects has everyone been doing?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in to say hello!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Hi Laura and everyone else!

Staying busy here, working on my DT projects, and trying to keep my house clean. It is so much easier when the kids are in school all day!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Laura & Penny and everyone. I thought I'd have so much more time during the summer, but I've been so busy! We went home this past weekend and that was nice. Our parents were excited to see us safe and sound after our vacation. Kinda makes you feel you couldn't possibly be 30 years old--- not that they treat us like kids, but they worry still and miss us as if we were suppose to still live at home.

Anyway, Laura, to answer your question from over a week ago, I've been working on some heritage pages---put a couple in my blog, but they are super simple and DH's family so I didn't put them out there in the general gallery. Also I sorta finished up a gift album for a dear friend who had her first baby! I managed to get most of the LOs uploaded, but left out the ones with the full names and all.

So what about you? I visited your gallery a week or so ago...need to go check in again. But first I must put in a few more hours of work.

Hope everyone is well and getting some of this much needed rain that's been passing thru!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

June has been a busy month at work for me. I am just working on stuff here and there. I try to work on some of the challenges (key word, ad inspiration, etc), just to get some pages finished. Just feeling a little blah about my stuff in general. It will probably pass sometime soon. I have had scrapper's block so much lately, and it is really frustrating. I think I'll look through some magazines and the gallery for inspiration tonight. Hope everyone is having a great week!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Angela, you need to tell us more about your trip to Italy. How cool is that?!! I am sure you'll have some amazing layouts from that trip. In the meantime, I am trying to figure out new and exciting ways to scrap Disney photos. Somehow there just isn't any comparison there, and I am feeling that scrapper's block hitting me again.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

I did one layout and card on Friday and then realized I didn't want to scrap anything else -- so I definitely understand about your block.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Would love to see your picts Angela.

Laura, good luck on the Disney picts. Of course, my sister went three years ago and I don't think she has developed her picts yet. crazy!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, I came and read the other day, but had to go before posting...then forgot to come back!

Our trip was kind of spur of the moment. We were suppose to go a couple years ago and it didn't work out. I can't believe we actually went and that David got me on the plane! It was so much fun. Penny, I wrote a couple of blogs here with some pics and more pics.
I do recommend that you go! and if you do then don't miss Florence. That was our absolute favorite. I haven't done any sbing with the pictures yet. I keep fiddling with it and putting it up. I really need to jump in on it. Maybe I will later today. I'll let you know.

I think I'm in a perpetual state of scrapper's block. It's like pulling teeth.

GL with the Disney pics, Laura. I have some old ones I need to get in a book too.

Penny, she hasn't even developed them---you mean film and she hasn't seen them yet! That is crazy.

Edited by Moonflower on 06-30-06 01:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Love the picts!!! Incredible.

Yeap, she hasn't even developed them! It drives me crazy!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just thought I would stop by and check in on everyone. I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th of July, and that your week ahead is a great one!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Must be the summer keeping us all tied up, huh? We are going a week or more between posts.

Well, I'll add my hello's. Tell you all that nothing too exciting is going on here. It's just hot and dry.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Angela!! It has been hot and dry here too, but it finally rained last night. In fact, it was a bit of a storm, with the electricity being out for a while. I picked my ds up, and when we could not get the garage door open, we had to make a mad dash to the front porch. Both ds and I were soaked!! We could not stop laughing! Not long after we got home, the electricity was back on, and we just had a quiet night after that.

I have been trying to do some challenges, so that has been keeping me busy. I need to finish a CJ page, but I think it will be tonight before I can get that finished. I also have a wooden letter I need to alter and finish for a swap before the end of this week. Hopefully, I'll get a couple of pages done about that Memorial Day weekend trip to the zoo. There is just never enough time . . .

My dh travels quite a bit, so it has mostly just been the ds and me around here lately. Dh came home on Friday, though, and I was able to go see Paula Deen (from the Food Network show) in Jackson on Saturday. It was interesting, although I think I would have liked it better somewhere other than at the Colliseum (sp?).

Take care everyone!! It is Wednesday!!!!!

Expert

I'm here - busy busy though. Last night we went to the Braves game. I'm thankful for that rain that Florence had though. It cooled it down so that after the sun went down it was only 82 degrees at the game! With the breeze it was actually pleasant! Hope everyone's having a great week.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to KristenB

Hey, Laura! Hey, Kristen!

That sounds cool---the Food Network thing.

We missed the storms yesterday. There was a storm just south of us...we got wind, but no rain at all. They just said on the radio that we are suppose to be up to 110 heat index today. Crazy!

No, never enough time here either. I have so much planned for the summer and it's almost gone!

The Braves, huh? That sounds like a great summer evening...especially since you lucked out with the weather!

Expert

The game was great fun Angela! Although, I almost felt like I wasn't in MS b/c I wasn't sweating hardly. Oh yeah - and it's even more fun when there's free food/drinks/etc. - we got lucky and got tickets to the skybox Bellsouth owns part of!

Jmedawn
Guru
Jmedawn

Hi, I hope ya'll don't mind my jumping in on your thread to make a request. My dd and I are doing a project with postcards and I have been asking anyone who would be willing to mail my dd a postcard. There is more personal info if you use the link in my signature. I find that people at this site are so nice. Please pm if you are interested. Thanks so much either way and again, sorry to "butt" in on your thread.
Jaimie

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Jmedawn

Hi Jaimie!! I sent your daughter a postcard today!! Hopefully, it will be there before the end of the week.

nita9
nita9 
Resident
nita9
  • nita9 on 07-27-06 10:10 AM

Hey, I just found this group. So glad there are other Mississippi scrapers. I am in to Digi scrapping lately because I have not had much time to do it the 'real' way. I am a 'non-traditional' college student, out for the summer so I hope to have time to get some pages done. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's galleries and getting to know you.

Expert
In response to nita9

Welcome nita9!! What part of MS are you in? I think we've got at least one person in each section of MS on here. I'm in central.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

Hi nita9!! Nice to meet you! I live in Florence, just outside of Jackson.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Welcome, Nita! I'm up north near Tupelo. I too am a non-traditional student...well, I guess I am. I'm in grad school. I thought I'd get so much more done this summer, but it's been slow at showing progress. So I'll say, maybe next week.

nita9
nita9 
Resident
nita9
  • nita9 on 07-29-06 08:02 PM
In response to KristenB

I am in the lower, mid southeastern part of the state. Close to Laurel if you know where that is.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to nita9

Yes, Laurel is closer to 'home'. I'm from the coast, but stuck up here right now.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

My folks live in Richton, which is not far from Laurel.

Expert

I roughly know where Laurel is - will have to look it up on the map. I'm in Clinton.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to KristenB

Hi Nita! I am in Hazlehurst, which is 30 min. south of Jackson.

Been busy and haven't posted lately, and now it is almost time for school to start back. Where does the summer go???

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Congrats Laura on the MPA DT!

I have been meaning to tell you, but it kept slipping my mind!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oh, I haven't seen that in your signature, Laura. Congrats!

Are any of ya'll going to the Simply Southern Scrapbook Convention in Franklin, TN??

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Congrats to you too, Penny, on your DT....how long have you been doing the DT thing?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I wish I could go to a scrapbook convention. My dh is going to California on a business trip and I am supposed to meet him out there for a few days. So, there goes my $$ for any other trips, scrapbooking, and/or extras for myself for the next couple of months. I really just need to hit the lottery. I NEED to be a woman of leisure!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Well, I'd love to go see the big redwood trees in California. Aren't they in California? Any chance you'll get to do that?

Count me in on the needing to be a woman of leisure! LOL I am considering going, but it's pretty close to me. I wouldn't be able to buy much tho....so I'd just be window shopping and drooling. LOL

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I am actually going to be just south of Oakland, but there will be several wineries in the area (oh yeah!).

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I bet it will be a fun trip!! Will your son be going too?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• Moonflower Said:
Congrats to you too, Penny, on your DT....how long have you been doing the DT thing?

About a year now. I love the way it challenges me to do things/work with things that normally I wouldn't.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• Moonflower Said:

Are any of ya'll going to the Simply Southern Scrapbook Convention in Franklin, TN??

I would love to go, but it is not going to happen! Don't think my DH would appreciate that!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Laura, have fun on your trip!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Penny, I love the store where you are a design team member. I think it is awesome that you are able to work with such a great group.

On my trip, I'll be meeting my dh out there, and Sam will be staying here with his grandmother. So excited to have some ME time for a couple of days, as well as some fun just hanging out with my dh!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Penny, my husband is encouraging me to go....cuz he loves to visit the woodcraft store for hours up there. Of course we are a lot closer to Franklin/Nashville than ya'll are. I haven't decided what to do yet tho.

Laura, sounds like it will be a nice trip! and if Sam is anything like I was as a kid it's great to visit grandma!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• LHC2266 Said:
Penny, I love the store where you are a design team member. I think it is awesome that you are able to work with such a great group.

It is a great group to work with, and I am really blessed to be a part of the team.

Of course, Carrie is great also; just hate that she closed her B&M store.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Yeah, I miss Carrie's store too. It was just a couple of miles from my house.

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

Hi everyone..a new one from Ms hehe. I live in Philadelphia that is approx in center of Ms. I have lived here 13 yrs and love it. Born and raised south of Chicago. My Dads family is all from here so visited twice a year. Moved here after my parents retired to here. Best food in the whole world

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Sashalanda

Hi Sasha!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Welcome, Sasha! I've been to Philadelphia-- My husband has family in Union.

Expert

Welcome Sasha!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to KristenB

There is a huge sale on patterned paper and ribbon at HL, if anyone wants to check it out. I found BG Blitzen for 50 percent off.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Our HL doesn't have any BG. Maybe one day...I keep checking.

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

Whats HL?

Expert

Hobby Lobby

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda
In response to KristenB

TY ..still adapting to the abbrev used here. Meridian's Hudson has tons scrapbook stuff right now btw if anyone is near Meridian. Not sure about their other locations.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in here. I hope everyone had a great week!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Welcome Sasha!

Crazy around here with school starting back; I feel like I barely have time to breathe, much less get on the computer.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

Mine have been back in school about two weeks now. Oldest one is in his first year of college and second one is in 8th grade. Last few years have been pretty quiet since they are both self sufficient. My only problem is getting either to eat anything at all in the morning. once in awhile younger one will eat a grilled cheese but older one..absolutely nothing :/

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Sasha, No kids here yet, so I can't comment on that. I have no trouble eating. I have trouble stopping. I haven't seen a Hudson's up here....I'll have to check into that.

Penny, I feel the same way....last week I was ready for the weekend after Monday....and I thought it was going to be. So it was a long first week!

Hope eveyone is having a nice weekend.

heather82106
Tenant
heather82106

Hi all! I'm from Hattiesburg and brand new here. I just started scrapping a few days ago and this site was the first (and only) helpful one I found.

I'm already addicted to scrapping and can't wait to finish my first project.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to heather82106

Hi Heather!! This is a great site. My folks live in Richton, which isn't very far from Hattiesburg.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Welcome Heather! This is a great site! And scrapping is definitely addicting!

I am in Hazlehurst.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Welcome, Heather! I'm up near Tupelo now, but I lived in H'burg for a while when I was attending William Carey. I miss those days.

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

welcome Heather ! I'm new too lol and have found it already addictive. The ppl here are great. I have learned a lot from them already. They have great shopping hints too.

heather82106
Tenant
heather82106

Since I'm a self-proclaimed newbie here..I'm gonna ask how some of this stuff works from my fellow Mississippians. How does "the challenges" work? Where do I upload my layout and what not?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to heather82106

Generally, just check out the challenges in that section of the site, and you can sign up for as many as you would like to do. There may or may not be sign up deadlines. I like the challenges because they generally encourage me to do something a little different with my layouts. There are all sorts of challenges, so just find the ones you like.

If you want to upload pics or layouts, just go to the gallery, and hit the upload button. It will prompt you to "browse" your computer for a photo of whatever it is you want to upload. You can choose to enter a description or not. It is all pretty easy.

Let me know if you have any problems, and I'll be glad to help any way I can.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hello!! I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day weekend!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, everyone! I'm just loving this new weather.

But I was sick the entire weekend, so I'm admiring the weather when I walk outside to sneeze or get the mail. Total bummer....course I didn't have to teach while I was sick that way.....soooo.... And DH was working all weekend.

Hope the rest of you had a much better long weekend than I did!! Much better!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Angela!! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Laura. Thanks! I'm getting better---went to the dr for some meds.

It's almost the weekend!! Hope everyone has a great one!!

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

I know there has to be people here in Philadelphia that scrapbook but havent seen anything anywhere about groups etc. Anyone know how to find local "clubs" "groups" etc?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Maybe you could check with the local churches? Or stalk people in the sbing sections of Walmart or Hobby Lobby? I assume there is not a scrapbook store in Philadelphia? You could look up a company like Stampin Up or CTMH online and see if there is a consultant near you and call them.

I don't really know cuz I'm pretty much a lone scrapper. I'm planning to try out a crop at the LSS near here soon tho. Good luck!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Thanks, Laura! Much better....except really busy. Arghh!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi all!! Sasha, I think Angela had a good idea about either trying to find a scrapbook store near where you live, or checking out stampin up or creative memories consultants in your area. The lss nearest to me closed , so I am back to being a lone(ly) scrapper again. There is another lss about 10 miles or so from me, and I went by there this afternoon after work to pick up a few things, but it just isn't quite the same. I just don't really know anyone close to me that is willing to get together for crops. The lss that I went to today is having a crop around mid October, so I might be going there just to see if I can get to know some more people.

We are very busy with soccer right now, and things at work have been really hectic. I also signed up for several swaps, and I am trying to get all my projects finished in the next few weeks.

Take care everyone!! Just two more work days this week!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• Moonflower Said:
Maybe you could check with the local churches? Or stalk people in the sbing sections of Walmart or Hobby Lobby? I assume there is not a scrapbook store in Philadelphia? You could look up a company like Stampin Up or CTMH online and see if there is a consultant near you and call them.

I agree. It always amazes me how I 'feel' like I am the only one who scraps, and then I will mention it in a conversation, and then it is like "WOW, I scrap also. I didn't know you did."

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• LHC2266 Said:
The lss nearest to me closed , so I am back to being a lone(ly) scrapper again. There is another lss about 10 miles or so from me, and I went by there this afternoon after work to pick up a few things, but it just isn't quite the same. I just don't really know anyone close to me that is willing to get together for crops. The lss that I went to today is having a crop around mid October, so I might be going there just to see if I can get to know some more people.

Laura, I went to the one that closed a couple of times to crop and enjoyed it, but I go to ASF now. I am supposed to go in October. If you are planning on going in October to crop there, let me know and I will plan my crop that Friday night. October 6 and October 13 are their open dates.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Penny, either of those dates would be ok with me. Let me know which one would be better for you, and I'll sign up if there are still some openings. I used to go over to Carrie's about once per month, and just spend a few hours working on my projects, but since she has been closed, I have just been working here at the house. It would be nice to be around other scrappers again.

Edited by LHC2266 on 09-15-06 04:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 4 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics