Page 5 of 7 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to lcmemories

October 13 would be a better choice for me. But if there aren't two spots open on the 13th, and there are on the 6th, then the 6th will work.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to pentwinmom

So excited!! I'll call on Saturday to reserve a spot. Anyone else want to join us??

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Called and reserved my spot this afternoon! Can't wait!!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I think I gotta lay low for a while on the spending and all. Maybe next time I can come catch a crop with y'all. That would be so fun!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Moonflower

Happy Thursday!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy Thursday....almost Friday!!!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

It is Monday, and the start of a new week and month!! I'll be busy at work this week, so I might not get to check in much. Take care everybody!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in for the weekend. It finally turned a little cooler here, but we are in desparate need of some rain. The fair started this week, so I'll be taking Sam to that soon. Always in on my list of things to do is to eat some gyros, while Sam will be looking for the cotton candy. Sam is really excited about getting to ride a few more of the rides this year. Has anyone else already been, or are they going to the fair this next week??

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I love fair time. and DH is off next weekend, but it depends on what else is going on.

At the county fair at home the big thing for everyone to get is gumbo! I hate missing it.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oh and have fun, Laura and enjoy that gyro. Now you have me wanting shrimp gumbo and a funnel cake. LOL

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oh, is the fair there running thru next weekend??

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Angela!! Yes, the fair will be running through Sunday,Oct 15, I believe. We had a ton of fun today, but I was exhausted by the time I came home. I'll be going for lunch one day next week, and I am definitely getting one of those funnel cakes to bring home.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Cool! Well, we'll see how things look as we get closer to the weekend. Probably end up hanging out closer to home tho.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Happy Thursday!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy Friday!! and weekend!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

My parents' 45th wedding anniversary is next week, and they are traveling to Kansas to see some of my mom's nieces. So, I will be headed south to Richton today to spend some time with them. I went to a crop with Penny (Pentwinmom) last night, and had a blast!! I finished 11 tags for a swap, and had so much fun. I probably should have shopped some, but I have spent so much money this month on scrap book stuff that I was a little broke. However, I saw so many cute things while I was at the crop that I will definitely be going back there after I get paid on November 1!! Have a great weekend everyone!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• LHC2266 Said:
I went to a crop with Penny (Pentwinmom) last night, and had a blast!! I finished 11 tags for a swap, and had so much fun. I probably should have shopped some, but I have spent so much money this month on scrap book stuff that I was a little broke. However, I saw so many cute things while I was at the crop that I will definitely be going back there after I get paid on November 1!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Definitely had a blast last night!!! So wish everyone else could have scrapped with us. I don't think I have laughed that much in ages!!!!

Of course, like Laura, I didn't buy a thing; of course, I also forgot all my pictures at home, so I didn't work on a single layout, but I altered a couple of things and made some cards.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

And Laura's tags look incredible!!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Thanks Penny!!

Well, I came down with some type of food poisoning, and I was sick from Monday morning until late Tuesday. I was able to come to work yesterday, but I really did not start feeling "normal" again until sometime late last night.

I hope everyone else has had a better week. I am just glad to be on the mend, and so happy it is Thursday. Just one more day, and the weekend will be here again!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Bet y'all did have a great time!!

Laura, glad you are better.

Have a great weekend all!! It's nice and sunny here today unlike the past couple of days so that's really nice! Hope it's looking good where you are!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Happy Halloween!! So, who is going trick or treating tonight?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy Halloween to you and everyone too!

Not me! Are you?? Is your son dressing up?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I went with my son last night and he had a blast! It was really fun watching him go up to the houses and pose in his padded muscle Power Ranger costume. He is such a ham!

Well, I guess I am going to vent a bit. I think I have participated in my last swap on this site. The hostesses for the last two swaps I have been in barely checked in and both were horrible about updating the items received. There is just too much time, stress, and supplies involved in these swaps, and the return lately has been minimal. I am sooooo sad.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

That's a real bummer, Laura, cuz I know they can be such fun when handled well. I don't have the time or energy for swaps lately, but I've only ever done two super small handmade ones. The rest have been storebought stuff which is kinda safer IMO.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I bet your halloween LOs are gonna be great!! I bet he was adorable!! I need to visit your gallery.....maybe this weekend! Only 2 more days!!

Oh, and I am not looking forward to it being 30 degrees in the morning! Yikes!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I know what you mean. I still have not pulled all my plants off the front porch. I probably need to do that tonight when I get home. brrrrr, I like it a little cooler, but not quite this cold.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

You too, Laura! and everyone else!

Yes, cooler is nice. It was nice out today....although I only got to enjoy it for a minute or so.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi all!!
I am back from vacation, and trying to get back into the routines. Hope everyone has had a great week so far!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Welcome back, Laura!

Happy Friday and weekend!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Woohoo!! Thanksgiving is almost here, and I get two days off from work this week. I also have a ton of stuff to do, so I know I'll be busy. Angela, will you be headed to the Coast? I won't be too far from there (Sandhill, in Greene County) visiting my folks. I hope everyone has a fantastic week!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Laura, we aren't going home till Christmas. David is a retail person....so we can't get both plus I have so much school work to catch up on. But we have had a really nice Thanksgiving dinner and we are about to put some Christmas lights up. Hope you have a safe trip.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Angela, I checked out your blog. Your Thanksgiving dinner looked great!! I smiled when I saw your cranberry sauce, because that is what I took to my mom's, along with some cornbread dressing and sweet potatoe casserole. Hope everyone had a great turkey day! I plan to try to get the tree up and decorated today. I did some shopping online yesterday. I was too much of a scaredy cat to go out on black Friday though!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I love cranberry sauce with my dressing! Thanks for visiting my blog.

I didn't do any shopping out there in the mad craze either. I sometimes enjoy it, but not by myself!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

How's the weather for y'all? Last night sure was windy. We are suppose to get down to 28 again tonight. It's Cold!

Happy weekend! and happy only 1 week left of school till the break for me!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Cold here too!! The hubby has been out of town, but returned today. I am hoping to get some scrapping finished tonight (maybe some cards).

Edited by LHC2266 on 12-02-06 06:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hope you get lots done, Laura!! I meant to try some sbing today, but I only got as far as finding some pictures...

Yeah, it's good to have your hubby home when it's cold. Gotta keep warm.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I am always happy just to be able to tag team running after and entertaining the munchkin.

Good luck on your tests this week! I know you will do great.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Yes, well, I can imagine that is a helpful feature of husbands too. I have yet to test that one tho.

Thanks for the luck! Please send more! Only 2 more days and a test on both.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Angela! It is Friday, and if I am correct, you are finished with school for the semester. Have a great holiday break!

Happy holidays everyone!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

You are right! Although right now I'm dealing with disgruntled student emails. Other than that I am catching up with life outside of school.

I think I'm going to take advantage of the rain today and actually do some scrapping. I feel kind of like a fake hanging out here at sb.com and never really scrapping. LOL

Happy Holidays!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just popping in to say hello, and wish everyone "happy holidays". Work is stressful right now, and I have very limited computer time. I'll try to check back again over the weekend. Bye for now!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Ugh. I hope it gets less stressful quick!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Just wanted to pop on and wish everyone a Merry Christmas!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

To you too, Penny!!!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Happy Holidays!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy New Year!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

Happy New Year!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve, and a wonderful New Year's Day. The hubby and I went down to New Orleans for the weekend, and had a blast. It was great to see some of our old "haunts" up and running. Anyone have any New Year's resolutions ya want to share?

Edited by LHC2266 on 01-10-07 04:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

It's been a wonderful year so far!!

My resolution: Live better. Ha! Ha! Really I just want to concentrate more on the present and worry less and take care of myself better. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

New Orleans, huh? We just hung out up here. But we did go to Graceland on the 3rd.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Graceland is so much fun!!

I need to work at being happy in my work. My job has been extremely stressful for the past couple of months, and I am looking for a new job now. However, I am getting to the age where I need to find a place to stay. I would love to find a job where I could work until I retire (in 18 years or so). Note to self: I need to learn to fly under the radar and read the book, "How to Make Friends and Infuence People." LOL!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Laura, I hope you find something really great. It seems like there are few places where a person can last through to true retirement these days.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just checking in!! Hope everyone is having a great week!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy Weekend!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hello!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey! How goes the job hunt?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I had an interview yesterday. I will know something next week.

BTW, our Pentwinmom (Penny) is teaching a class this weekend in Pearl at a scrapping convention of sorts. I have forgotten the exact location, but if I get a chance I plan to check it out. I did not find out about it until all the crop spaces had sold out. However, I think I can still shop, and maybe even take a class Saturday.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Cool! WTG, Penny!! I want be anywhere near Pearl this weekend, but maybe next time.

We are suppose to be moving back down to Jackson County come May/June! We are so excited!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oh, and I'm such a dork. You answered my question and I didn't even respond.

Hope you get the job!! and I hope it's wonderful!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• LHC2266 Said:
BTW, our Pentwinmom (Penny) is teaching a class this weekend in Pearl at a scrapping convention of sorts. I have forgotten the exact location, but if I get a chance I plan to check it out. I did not find out about it until all the crop spaces had sold out. However, I think I can still shop, and maybe even take a class Saturday.

It is at the Pearl campus of Hinds Community College. I am teaching the class with two other of the DT members from ASF -- Jo and Jules. Both of them have created some incredible ideas for the class. I can't wait!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

What time is your class? Can anyone who is shopping there on Saturday sign up, if all the spaces have not been taken?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

The class starts at 10. Yes, you can sign up Sat. unless all the spots are already filled.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!! Penny, I wasn't able to make it out there Saturday. How did your class go? Can you post pics of the projects you made?

Well, I got a call tonight, and I was offered the job I interviewed for last week. I am excited, but a little scared too. It is always scary to try something new. Anyway, I plan to turn in my two week notice at my current job soon.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Congrats, Laura! I hope that it's wonderful for you!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Thanks!! The hubby and I are headed to Hot Springs, Arkansas. I'll be back Sunday. I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly for everyone here. Talk to ya later!

Sashalanda
Tenant
Sashalanda

Hi ladies! Has been awhile since I been here. Finished my third cruise on Jan 8th so now no excuse to do my cruise scrapbook lol. Have tons of things to put in it..jsut nervous about starting rofl. but excited too. Glad you guys seem to all be doing well.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Sashalanda

Sounds nice, Laura! I'm sure you two are having a great time!

Hey, Sashalanda! I haven't yet gone on a cruise.....you must be a pro now! I'd like to see your LOs. If you post them let us know.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

How do y'all like the new gallery??? I think it Rocks!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Wow! You are right. There is so much more there than before. Lots of options. I haven't had a chance to play yet. Angela, I left a comment on your blog. I was the same way on Friday when I woke up to snow during our vacation. I immediately went out across the street and started snapping pics. Everyone just laughed at me.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Sashalanda, you definitely need to post some pics of your cruise. The hubby and I are supposed to go on our first cruise in December. Any tips I need to know? I have this great die cut of a cruise ship that I could try to cut for you. Let me know if you would like it.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Oooooh! I bet you saw more snow than I did, Laura! Us MS gals just love to see the snow. I can't imagine living where there snow is measured in feet on a regular basis.

Any suggestions on places to visit in Arkansas? We are going to take a little trip to somewhere close before we move back home.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I LOVED Hot Springs! It was so much fun!! We stayed at the Arlington. I just can't say enough good things about that place . . . it was the best trip I have had in ages!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Thanks, Laura that's good to know!

I've had the flu this week....the milder "B" version apparently, but still moving slower this week. They say it's a bad flu year....the doc at the clinic I went to said we really haven't had the flu the past two years and we are making up for it. Great, huh? I hope all of you are well!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I am so sorry you have been sick! I hope you are feeling better soon!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to KristenB

hey this is chantal,
and Im here in hattiesburg.It is so cold and wet here.Im 22 weeks pregnant and having a little boy.me and my husband are going to name him connor wayne.wayne is after my husbands grandfather.well see yall later.p.s. does anybody want to be friends

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to dustin's gurl

Thanks, Laura....doing much better now. Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great week!

Chantal, Welcome! My baby brother's name is Dustin. Congrats on being blessed with little Connor Wayne. Hope the sun comes out down there in H'burg today. Up here it's just now showing it's face...nice and warm today too!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Chantal!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Happy weekend to all!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Life is just hectic right now. I'll try to check back later.

emmam
emmam 
Veteran
emmam
  • emmam on 03-02-07 10:32 AM

Hey everyone...I am in desperate need to get back into scrappin mode. I just can not seem to get myself motivated or organized.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to emmam

emmam, I totally understand...I'm trying to scrap some tonight! Hope you find that mojo!

Laura, have you started that new job? Hope things get less hectic for you soon.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi emmam and Angela!!

I started my new job on Feb 19, and I feel as though I have been running non-stop since then. I stopped long enough to finish a circle journal layout, and some swap items, and that is all the scrapping I have done lately. I may work on a digi page or two tonight, just so I can catch up on some layouts for my albums. However, I am feeling awfully lazy right now. My hubby and little boy are taking a nap, and that couch seems to be calling my name. Hope you all have a great Sunday!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Did you answer the couch? Sunday afternoons are all about napping. Not for me, but they totally should be!

Happy week wishes to all!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Don't forget to spring forward tonight!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! Sam is recovering from the flu, so we just hung around here today. However, it seems as if my little boy is finally on the mend. Any fun St. Patrick's Day celebrations??

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Laura, nothing exciting here....just working on getting to May 12th. Then I'll be able to go home!

Glad Sam is getting better....hate to see anyone get the flu, but especially the kids.

Hope you all have a nice week.

If I'm not here much it's because the next 8 weeks are going to be incredibly busy. But I'll be thinking of y'all.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just doing my weekly check-in!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. The weather is gorgeous here. I need to be outside working in my yard.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Stopping by and saying "hello"

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Spring is always busy, ain't it? Happy Easter!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

new to mississippi...looking for lss in jackson/madison/ridgeland area!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

hey guys! been really busy lately. Hope everyone has a great Easter

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
new to mississippi...looking for lss in jackson/madison/ridgeland area!!

There are three that I know of in this area:

A Scrappin Friendsy in Bryam which is just outside of Jackson down I-55.

Scrapbook Divas in Flowood (out Lakeland Drive).

Scrapbook Sisters in Clinton.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

i didnt know there was one in byram...i'll have to get my bf's stepdad to find it for me. are the stores of good quality..or do you do most of the shopping elsewhere?

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

I do most of my shopping at the store in Byram -- ASF because I am on the design team there. I do some at Diva, when I am out that way and have time to stop by. I can't remember the last time I went to Clinton; I have never really felt comfortable there. Good selection at all three, they try to carry different things as well, so there isn't much overlap.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

thanks for the info..sounds better than where i currently am...

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

i looked at a scrappin freindsy's online store they look really great..thanks for the help!!!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

they also have a forum where you can chat with us. ASF is getting ready to have a huge cybercrop starting on Friday. Everyone is invited to come and join in; it is going to be so much fun.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

oooo i didnt see that part..i have an excuse to go search again...thanks for the info!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

off scrapbook topics......just for a moment....does anyone know if paula deen is coming to ms this summer!!!????

Page 5 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics