Page 6 of 7 
Username Post: Mississippi        (Topic#998862)
lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

I don't know. I saw her last year in Jackson, and she gave a great show. I sat up in the stands, and I think I would want a floor seat if she comes back. She is soooo funny!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to lcmemories

BTW, ASF rocks!! I love that place!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

well im glad to hear that asf is a good store...i hope paula deen is coming...i really love her show and her cooking. my bf just hates how i rant and rave about her..me---"look baby its paula deen!!!" him---rolls the eyes!!!lol.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

That is too funny!! I'll keep a look out, and if I hear anything I will let you know. Aaargh, it is already Monday. I just need to put everything on hold for a while. Does anyone have a secret to that??

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

God Bless Virginia Tech!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to KristenB

Hokie Hope Day
There are e-mails going around for a Hokie Hope Day on Friday, to support all members of the Virginia Tech Family. Please wear maroon and orange on Friday, April 20, and pass this message on to your friends, family, and colleagues.

PurpleR452
Tenant
PurpleR452
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi Gals!!! My name is Heather and I'm new to scrapbook.com. I live in North Carolina, but born and raised in Mississippi and all my family still lives there. My mother lives in Brandon. I come home a couple times a year to visit!!! Can't wait to know you all!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
God Bless Virginia Tech!!

It really is sad. My prayers are going out for all those hurt in that incident.

Hi Heather!! Brandon isn't far from where I live.

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

Hey, ya'll!

I'm fairly new to sb.c, and have just found this thread! Woo hoo! I am in northeast Mississippi -- Ripley. Seems most of the recent posters here are from the Jackson Metro area. Anyone else from northeast MS?

No matter. I'm just glad to find other Mississippians here!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to ScrappyChick1967

my boyfriends entire (or close to entire) lives around ripley. he looked over my shoulder and laughed (in a good way) when he saw where you were from. then he explained about the family! Any good stores up there?

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967
In response to Mrs. DKK

• latechscrapper09 Said:
my boyfriends entire (or close to entire) family lives around ripley. he looked over my shoulder and laughed (in a good way) when he saw where you were from. then he explained about the family! Any good stores up there?

There are NO scrapbooking stores here in Ripley. There is a good one in Tupelo (40 minutes away) and another in Corinth (45 minutes away). And there is a Hobby Lobby in Tupelo. The local Wal-Mart is redoing their craft section and getting in some really cute stuff.

Who is your boyfriend, and who are his family? You never know, I might just know them. Ripley is a rather small town, and my husband has lived here all his life.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

the kains or the frasiers...thats where my bf's parents grew up..and met and married..blah blah...lol.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

I am going to a scrapping retreat in September in Holly Springs. If anyone is interested in more info, let me know. It is going to be at a park (cabins, bunk beds, etc). But it looks like a lot of fun.

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

• LHC2266 Said:
I am going to a scrapping retreat in September in Holly Springs. If anyone is interested in more info, let me know. It is going to be at a park (cabins, bunk beds, etc). But it looks like a lot of fun.

Are you going to the Wall Doxey State Park? If so, it is beautiful in the fall.

Share the details of the retreat with me, please! Don't know if I can get away, but I'd like to see if I can.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Yes, that is where the retreat will be. The contact person who is setting it up is Terry, and her email is [email protected]
She is part of Mid South Scrappers,a separate Yahoo group of ladies who get together for retreats and scrapbooking. It appears that most everyone is from Memphis, Arkansas, and Mississippi. If you are interested in finding out more about Mid South Scrappers, you can contact Terry via email, and she can tell you all about it.

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

• Laura C Said:
She is part of Mid South Scrappers, a separate Yahoo group of ladies who get together for retreats and scrapbooking.

I wondered if it was the same retreat. I'm a member of the Mid-South Scrappers group on Yahoo. Thanks for the info, though.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Well, maybe I'll see ya in September!! I am really looking foward to having two days to catch up on some pages, and meeting some new friends.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just stopping by to say "hello". It is almost Friday!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

YAY Beach time!!!!!! yippee! i am so EXCITED!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

I hope everyone had a great NSD weekend!! So did everyone get a chance to finish any pages??

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, Heather, welcome!

I've been missing for a while, but I'm alive! I'm in the process of moving back home to South MS! We ae so happy!

Laura, how is that job going?

How is everyone? Busy? Hope you are all well.

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967
In response to Moonflower

Congratulations, Angela! We are all so proud of and for you! Where in South Mississippi is home? I used to be a college recruiter, so I've been ALL over this state. Not bad for a transplant from Arkansas!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

so i am moving everything into madison next weekend. i am not looking forward to the 2 and a half hour trips back and forth...yuck. now i just need to start the job hunt. anyone know of any jobs available in ridgeland/madison/jackson . i have daycare experience as well as library experience, but those are not limitations. im open to ideas!!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK
In response to Mrs. DKK

also, i only need a job until late august..i will be going home to louisiana tech for school!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

They are opening all sorts of new shops and businesses in the Ridgeland/Madison area. Check out Highland Colony Parkway between Ridgeland and Madison. Also, the Dogwood Mall area is growing really fast (at Lakeland and Old Fannin). I am certain many of those places will be hiring.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

Thank you. It is so hard to get out and look when you have to move from a different state. Thanks for all your help. I greatly appreciate it!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Mrs. DKK

Thanks, Sheila! Vancleave is home.

latechscrapper, good luck on the job hunt. I'm looking to, but on the coast, I'm not sure if they are going to hire me back at my old job or not.

Heather, I was looking back and realized I missed your post. Welcome! North Carolina is so pretty!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

If you haven't already, y'all need to go look at these two layouts in Laura C's gallery. They are amazing!

Celebrate p.1

Celebrate p.2

Laura, I hope you don't mind, but I was so touched by these that I wanted others to see them!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

well, i will be officially moved after this weekend!!!!!!! it's about time, too....i really wished we could have done it earlier!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hey, everyone.

latechscrapper, are you moved and settled in? I don't know about you but our move was exhausting. It was several long 6 hour drives.

Sheila, those pages of Laura's are beautiful!! TFS to both of you.

New Kid On the Block

Hello everyone... new to this forum... From MS also... Gulf coast area.... I am into Card making more than Scrapbooking but I love to read all the ideas out there... nice to be able to connect with other MS'ians on here..
God bless ~

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Moonflower Said:

latechscrapper, are you moved and settled in? I don't know about you but our move was exhausting. It was several long 6 hour drives.

yes i am officially moved and settled. it was very exhausting. it took a lil over 8 hours to fill up the truck (rented), out van and car! but i am officially a mississippi resident and i am having fun learning the area!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi everyone!! I have been busy, trying to finish up some projects.

latechscrapper, how goes the job hunting?

Hi Angela! So good to see you again.

Welcome Amzdbyhsgrace!

Hi Sheila!! It is always good to see you.

Have a great week!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Laura C Said:

latechscrapper, how goes the job hunting?

i've applied for many places, esp at the mall. but no one has called back yet. its really hard because i only need summer work and many places are looking for long term part time help. but i am hopefull!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Mrs. DKK

AmzdByHsGrace, welcome!! I'm now back on the Gulf Coast too! I like to make cards also...but I'm also a lover of Hallmark.

latechscrapper, are you telling them you are only available for the summer? I know how it is when you want to be honest and upfront, but I've learned to keep my future plans to myself. You don't know for certain what the future holds and neither do they...

Laura, good to see you. Any of those projects sb related?

Hey, Sheila and Penny and everyone else reading here.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Moonflower Said:
latechscrapper, are you telling them you are only available for the summer? I know how it is when you want to be honest and upfront, but I've learned to keep my future plans to myself. You don't know for certain what the future holds and neither do they...

no, but i am for sure of going back home for school not matter what! i really want my teaching degree and liscence so i won't have to worry near as much for a job. a lot of people put on adds though for long term part time position and i automatically feel excluded..

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Mrs. DKK

I hope you have found something...or do soon.

Happy weekend to all!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Wow!! I almost did not find this thread again. I am going to a crop tonight at Scrappin Divas in Flowood. It will be my first time to go there for a crop, so I hope it will be fun. It is always a little intimidating when you don't know anyone. Can you hear me almost talking myself out of it?? Anyway, wish me luck!!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

Look at it this way...
You are going to a crop with friends you haven't met yet! You'll have a great time. Enjoy!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Well, I ended up just taking the day off and doing some stuff around here. I at least managed to finish a page, even if I did not go to the crop.

The gallery has been really slow whenever I have tried to upload stuff recently. I had to resize both of the last images I did in order to get them to upload. It would just stall. I hope that it is fixed soon.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I haven't tried uploading in a long while. Sounds like a real pain, esp for dial up folks like me.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!! Finally, we are on the downhill slide for the rest of the week.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

and now we are there!!

Hope you all have a happy and safe 4th!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Happy July 4th!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

Hope you had a great 4th!!!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to Mrs. DKK

We got rained out down here. That's really okay tho b/c DH had to work all day.

Happy weekend to all!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

We finally got some rain yesterday and today. It has been so dry here, so I was glad to see it.

I have entered a few challenges this month. I am trying to catch up on a few pages, and hopefully, I'll try out a some different techniques.

What is everyone else up to these days?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I'm just getting use to working and trying to get settled in to everything. Sure does take longer than I would like.

I'm glad you got some rain, Laura. We started getting rain a couple of weeks ago....thunderstorms almost every afternoon for a week. Before that it was getting really dry here too. All my grass was brown. Now it's green and I can't mow it often enough.

Happy Friday and weekend to all! I'm hoping to actually scrap a page or two! Hope each of you are doing something fun this weekend!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Angela!!
Well, it has been a typical Friday the 13th for me. I won't bore anyone with the details, but it is 4:36 p.m. and I am ready to go home. In fact, I think I will.

Take care, and post a link here, if you finish a scrapbooking project. I am hoping to finish some altered puzzle pieces for some online friends.

Bye for now!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I'm sorry your day was rough, Laura. Hope today is MUCH better. Hope the weather up there isn't too bad....we've had what you might call 'torrential' rains already today with more coming. There's water running over the roads in low spots...ground must still be wet from yesterdays rains.

Post a link of your project too when/if you put it in the gallery!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Just doing a weekly check in! Have a great weekend everyone!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

It was great...but now it's about over.

So I'll say, Hope everyone has a great week!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

Happy Thursday, girlies!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

how are you ladies today??

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi! I have been super busy. My dh bought HarryPotter so I could listen to it on the road, and then my CD player quit working. So, I have been listening to that at night,instead of cruising on the computer. I just finished it last night. Any other HP fans here?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I've only watched the movies, Laura. I'm considering the books now tho... I guess you would recommend them?

Hey, Megan.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Oh yes, I am a big Harry Potter fan. The movies really don't do justice to the books, although the most recent movie (Order of the Phoenix) was better than the last one. Since this was the last book, it seemed the author had so many things she was trying to tie together. So, there were some moments in this book where it got a little slow, but the action scenes more than made up for everything.

Edited by Laura C on 08-05-07 04:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I heard this last book (it is the very last book, right?) was shocking. But I do enjoy reading...I just don't take the time for it as often as I use to. Maybe I'll pick up book one this week if it's at the library.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

The book was great....im sad its over...

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

• maymay_n_leelee Said:
The book was great....im sad its over...

Me too! I really became attached to some of the characters. I wonder what she will write next?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Just checking in real quick. Hope you all have a great week!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Life is busy at the moment. My little boy started kindergarten last week, and I am trying to adjust. He is doing much better with the change than I am. The biggest change is not being able to just call with any questions I have. There will be a parent-teacher night this week, so I am hoping some questions and procedures will be explained a little better then.

TTFN!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Hello fellow Mississippians!!! Just found this thread and I'm soo excited to see some Southerners on here. I was beginning to think I was the only one! I see that alot of ya'll are further up in the state...anyone near the coast?

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower
In response to sarah doodah

Laura, I know that must be so hard.

Welcome, Sarah. I'm on the coast.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Laura C Said:
Life is busy at the moment. My little boy started kindergarten last week, and I am trying to adjust. He is doing much better with the change than I am. The biggest change is not being able to just call with any questions I have. There will be a parent-teacher night this week, so I am hoping some questions and procedures will be explained a little better then.

TTFN!

My brother started kindergarten last week too!! He has parent/teacher night Thursday! He really adjusted very quickly...no tears, no wanting to come home: he just walked straight in and said love you mom. lol. I was so scared because I don't know how the Mississippi system is (I am an education major in Louisiana). But I looked up some stuff online, and I think he will be alright!
I am excited to see how much he will be learning this year!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Hi Sarah!! Great to see ya around!

Megan and Angela, I appreciate the hugs and support. My ds is getting to be so big so fast. I am now getting those dreaded one word answers, like "ok" or "good", or even worse is the phrase, "I don't remember". My little boy doesn't want to share his day with me any more. Also, my dh keeps warning me that I should not "bug" the teachers or the school, because I could be labeled a "trouble maker." So, I just sit here in the dark like a mushroom and wait . . .

Seriously, I know I need to relax. It is just so hard to let go.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Laura C Said:

Megan and Angela, I appreciate the hugs and support. My ds is getting to be so big so fast. I am now getting those dreaded one word answers, like "ok" or "good", or even worse is the phrase, "I don't remember". My little boy doesn't want to share his day with me any more. Also, my dh keeps warning me that I should not "bug" the teachers or the school, because I could be labeled a "trouble maker." So, I just sit here in the dark like a mushroom and wait . . .

As an education major...about to be teacher. I would understand your concern. I don't think you would be labeld so much a trouble maker if it is just at the beginning of the year. Teachers understand it is a big move. My brother never shares his days anymore..lol. He stopped in pre k. we try to get all we can out of him though. lol.

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom
In response to Mrs. DKK

Welcome Sarah! Glad you found the thread!

pentwinmom
Guru
pentwinmom

• Laura C Said:

My first reaction as a teacher is that I would want you to contact me if you had any questions or concerns. Of course, my students are on the opposite end of the spectrum -- 11th and 12th grades -- I still have parents that call me or email me with concerns. This is definitely an adjustment period for both of you and teachers at the kindergarten level are aware of that.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to pentwinmom

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to pentwinmom

Thanks guys. We made it through the first week, and my ds seems really happy. He has learned his lunch number, and he knows which bus to ride back to the daycare. So everything seems to be going ok. I have tried really hard not to worry so much. Thanks for the hugs and all the support.

I hope everyone had a great week. It is so hot here, and we haven't had rain in three weeks. I hate to think about how high my water bill will be.

I think it is going to be a quiet weekend here. I don't have anything planned, so maybe I can get a page or two finished.

Edited by Laura C on 08-18-07 04:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

I am waiting until I get up to school so I CAN do pages..lol. I try to do a page then it creates an even larger mess than what I have. I can't deal with a messy room for too long...I go bonkers!! Have fun scrapping!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

• Laura C Said:

You are the MOM! Ask any questions whenever you want! Bug them! Don't just sit in the dark and wait; you could miss something important. I've been on both sides of the desk - as a teacher and a parent.

As a teacher, parental concerns showed me that they were just that: concerned about their children and what was going on. It's the parents who DON'T ask questions that worry the teachers.

As a parent, I am on a first-name basis with the school secretaries, principals, guidance counselors, and teachers. They all know that I am going to be asking any question that I need an answer to. Not to bother them, or second guess them, but to get answers and be "in the loop."

That being said, I have to confess that I've been this way since my children were in daycare/preschool. I was like that when they started Kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, and high school. My son is still in middle school and will start high school next year. My daughter just graduated from high school and started college two weeks ago. I am STILL like that, even at the college level.

I am a VERY involved parent when it comes to my children. Good teachers and school officials appreciate and respect that.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Sheila! Thanks so much for your kind words! I saw your cards in the gallery. They really look great! I hope to make some more cards soon. My hubby asked me to make one for his dad's birthday this weekend, and I was thrilled. I know, I know . . . I am such a dork!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hello, all! Happy Friday!

Glad to hear that school seems to be going well for Sam, Laura.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Hey Moonflower!! So glad to see another Coaster! I'm in O.S. Do you know of any crops around here? Have you been to the LSS in Gulfport?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to sarah doodah

Hi everyone!! So does anyone have any big plans for the Labor Day weekend? We are in New Orleans, and plan to go to the Aquarium tomorrow. My little one is behind me playing Mario 8 on the Wii right now, while I play on the computer. Take care, and I hope we all finish lots of paper projects this weekend!

Edited by Laura C on 09-01-07 05:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

I moved back to la tech this past weekend!! yayay...we won our first game too!!!! im excited for all the new challenges of the upcoming year!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Football season can be so much fun!! Good luck with all your new classes Megan.

I am not doing much at the moment. I started a new job last week, so I have been busy. Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

Well this will be the first FULL week of classes...I have only been to two so far...since i have three night classes all of which are only one day a week...and one normal class during the day. So i am excited to get to the rest of my classes!!! EEk lol. Oh and we won the first game against Univ of Central AR. 21 to 7 i think. and we ALMOST beat #20 Hawaii...we went into overtime and almost got the two point conversion in...SO CLOSE!!! well the end score was 44 to 45. Dooley has whipped these dawgs into shape!!!! I am excited for the new year!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Happy Thursday!! I am going to a crop this weekend. I hope I am able to finish several pages. I packed up my scrapping supplies last night, but I really need to sort through, and determine if there are some things I can do without.

Edited by Laura C on 09-13-07 03:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRR

I HATE MY SPEECH TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

• Laura C Said:
Happy Thursday!! I am going to a crop this weekend. I hope I am able to finish several pages. I packed up my scrapping supplies last night, but I really need to sort through, and determine if there are some things I can do without.

I go scrap at a friend's house about every two weeks or so. Our DH's laugh and tease and call it a "play date." I went to her house Monday night (9/10) and got two swaps finished!

My CM consultant is having a "New Product Picnic" tonight that I hope to be able to go to. I want to get some pages done in my circle journal to get it ready to send off!

I just love scrapping with friends! I don't get a lot done, usually, but I get lots of ideas and plans formulated. Then, when I am alone at home, I scrap all that I came up with! I get more done alone, but it is more fun with friends!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

• maymay_n_leelee Said:
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRR

I HATE MY SPEECH TEACHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain! That was the one class I truly hated when I was an undergraduate. Good luck!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Shelia!! I had fun at the crop. I did not know anyone there, but the lady who set it up was extremely nice. I was able to finish six pages! It was definitely the help I needed to get me out of my rut.

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

• Laura C Said:
  • maymay_n_leelee Said:

I feel your pain! That was the one class I truly hated when I was an undergraduate. Good luck!

oh thank God im not the only one. i had drama classes in high school.....but the teacher is the pain in the rear....he basically is choosing our topics for us... well in a way...and i hate that!!!! i have things i would much rather talk about and would love to talk about. oh and he said scrapbooking wouldnt hold the male audiences attention and wasnt a business venture.....ACK I WANTED TO KICK HiM WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!!!! In any case i could have proved him wrong....i was helping my boyfriend with his visual ...long story short...i was using my Autumn Leaves stamps and they were FASCINATED. lol...i got the last laugh....stupid teacher

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

That was such a creative idea!! I wonder if he was aware that scrapbook products are a mutimillion $$ industry (to which I contribute way too much I might add ). My speech teacher selected many of the topics we had that semester as well. Sounds like you are handling things pretty well.

I thought I would share this story with everyone. I went to my mom's for her birthday on Sunday, and ended up watching the Colts play against Houston with my dad. I just love to watch Peyton play . . . Anyway, at one point I was yelling, "Go, go, go!", and my son said, "Mama, you need to calm down." I just had to smile, because he used the same tone of voice I use with him when he gets too excited. At least I know now that he is hearing what I say, even if he doesn't always listen.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

That's so cute, Laura! Did you calm down?

I can't believe it's October...fall, finally! And early in the morning it even feels like it.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Loving the cooler weather here too. My son has a pumpkin patch field trip on October 19. I can hardly wait. I think I am more excited than he is.

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

I'd be excited too! I've never been to a pumpkin patch, but I've seen some great photos on here from people who have.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!! Just checking in to say "hello." Not much going on right now, except for work. At least it is Wednesday!

ScrappyChick1967
Guru
ScrappyChick1967

Just popping in to say hello! Hope you are all doing well this fine fall day!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Beautiful fall day today!!

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

hey ladies!!!!! hope you are having a good Wednesday!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Well, I think I had more fun this Halloween with my little boy than I ever have. My SIL organized a hayride for all of Sam's cousins, and he was so glad to be able to go with the group of them. Just a wonderful time, riding around a neighborhood, and collecting candy. I finished editing the photos last night, and I hope to have a page or two finished soon. Take care everyone. I hope you all have a great weekend!

Moonflower
Mayor
Moonflower

Hey, all!! Happy November and Friday!

Laura, that does sound like a fun time - I love hayrides. Were you able to get good pictures in the dark?

Mrs. DKK
Pro
Mrs. DKK

AWW fun!! my mom said my brother decided at about 8 or 9 o clock tuesday night that he wanted to be a ghost.....because he had wwatched charlie brown...lol..im anxious to see pics...mom didnt have a sewing machine like she always did for me...ill put pic up if i ever get them!! have a great weekend ladies!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Mrs. DKK

Just checking in!! Not much going on with me right now except for work. I hope everyone has had a great week so far!! It is COLD here in the mornings, but has been warming up in the afternoons. Take care!

Page 6 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics