Page 1 of 36 
Username Post: Ohio        (Topic#998891)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 02:03 PM

Welcome to Ohio!

Pro
In response to Kels

CALLING ALL BUCKEYES from the other thread, please join me here!

Where you you crop (ie LSS, church, consultants house, YMCA, etc)?
What do they charge?
What is included?

I think a crop was going to be planned in the Bowling Green area and a weekend crop in Piqua/Sidney/Troy area if enough interest!

scrapbooking-angel
Veteran
scrapbooking-angel
In response to mommie2angels

Where you you crop (ie LSS, church, consultants house, YMCA, etc)?
since I don't have any one that is into scrapping but me; I crop at home

What do they charge?
We have 3 LSS that all charge $1 an hour and $10 an hour for exclusive use for groups

What is included?
far as I know use of everything in the crop room. One store actually offers a discount if you host a crop.

If there is a crop coming up I'd like to join in and meet some people from the board.

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to scrapbooking-angel

My LSS has a membership fee of $10 per year and you can use anything they have at any time, as long as a class isn't going on. I'm not sure what they charge for groups - I'd have to ask them!

Pro
In response to Chersascrap

Does the crop fee include any refreshments?

How long are their friday or saturday night crops?

I'll answer all this myself, but I'm headed outdoors with my little ones right now!

Pammy
Pammy 
Queen
Pammy
  • Pammy on 04-01-05 07:51 PM

btw I am having a crop /I think you must've seen this thread

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post//

Pro
In response to Pammy

good2bqueen-I'm trying to convince my Dh that the whole family could come to Bowling Green, but he wants to know what he and to little ones could do all day?
Please PM me with some ideas!!

I am also planning a 12 hr. crop, but open to suggestions! It will NOT be at a LSS, but a private location that my MIL's work owns. I think there's enough space for 12 or so people without getting cramped.

WOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED IN A CROP in Miami County/Piqua?

MomOf2Divas
Guru
MomOf2Divas

I am Trumbull County! You all are so far from me.

cgrendy3
Guru
cgrendy3
In response to MomOf2Divas

Lookie Lookie........

Michigan/Indiana/Ohio Crop

Interested????

Cindy

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to cgrendy3

Hey Momof2Divas!! I am from Ashtabula County!!! In fact I enrolled my DD in preschool down your way! I am in Roaming Shores. I also was begining to wonder if there was any Ohioans in our neck of the woods Yay!!!!

Now I go to crops at a LSS in Mentor.

Anyone else from Northeast ohio?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to scrappinbecky

bump!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

hey ohio scrappers.. if ur in the warren area or close by and wanna meet up wth some of us pa'ers we are gonna be meeting at cord camera in warren ohio.. heres the link hope to see some of u there...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post//

Pro
In response to scrappinshortie

Where did all the Buckeyes go?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

I just found this forum and can't believe there aren't more buckeyes I have been joining in with the PA scrappers. They are having a crop in July or August in Warren, Ohio. check out the thread.

Veteran

I live in Montgomery county, but I'm at grad student at Ohio University, so I live for most of the year in Athens. I'm a new CMC looking for people to crop with. I've got a ton of tools, and it would be great to get together and crop.

Let me know if you're interested!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to aebhimani

Welcome aebhimani!!!!

New Kid On the Block

anyone close to highland county? i would love to have a get-together at my house and scrap
Pam

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to Pamelalawwill

Well, we tried to have an Ohio-Michigan-Indiana crop in June - but unforeseen circumstances interfered! I would love to get together with some of you at a crop whenever one is planned. Date and place would be the factor - so just post whenever anyone puts one together and hopefully a bunch of us can meet!

New Kid On the Block

Hi I'm new here. I'm in Kettering right outside of Dayton, if anyone wants to get together and crop let me know I'd love to join you!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to emily3247

HI Emily! Welcome!

Veteran

Welcome Emily! I'm from Miamisburg...we're practically neighbors! Right now, I'm a grad student at OU, so I spend most of my time here. I'm usually home every other weekend! I too would love to crop. Hopefully, I'll get one together soon!

Aneesa
CM consultant
[email protected]

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to Kels

Okay - this thread has been very quiet!!! What's with all the Ohio people? Is everyone on vacation? Anything going on? I'd like to see something for us to get together again - maybe another Michigan-Ohio-Indiana? Or maybe Ohio-Kentucky?

I know the group that got together in WV a couple of months ago had a great time! Anything more happening in that area?

Veteran

I'm from the Dayton area originally, but right now, I'm in grad school at OU, so I'm close to WV!

Aneesa

Resident
In response to aebhimani

I am from North East Ohio, Geauga County - Chardon_
Jennifer

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to mrsbiggy

Good to hear from you two! Where is everyone else??? Are there any weekend get-aways being planned for the fall? I know my LSS is planning one in early November up in Amish country. They did it earlier this year and the few that went (it was the first time) had a great weekend and of course, the food was superb!

Expert

Hi there! I'd love to do one for KY-Ohio.....I live in Kettering, which is between Cincy and Dayton.....let me know if anyone is interested, my town is filled with LSS's.........we could do it at any of those

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to Dshriver

I've heard there is a great LSS just north of Cincinnati - Scrapbook Central - I think it might be in Mason. Lots of people up here in Columbus rave about it!

Expert

I've never been there..........I'll have to get out tomorrow and check it out thanks~

New Kid On the Block
In response to Dshriver

Count me in I'd love to meet everyone!!!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Hey MrsBiggy! I live in Roaming Shores, about 1/2hr from you. I am going to a crop with the girls from Western PA on August 27th at the Cord Camera in Warren, Ohio. Would be great if another buckeye would be there.

Tenant

Hello all,

I am west of Cincinnati. Would love a crop in SW Ohio

Expert
In response to Jennifer01

hi jennifer.....welcome!

specialkay
Diva
specialkay

Quote:

Cher_W said:
I've heard there is a great LSS just north of Cincinnati - Scrapbook Central - I think it might be in Mason. Lots of people up here in Columbus rave about it!

It is in West Chester...on Cincy-Dayton Road. I haven't been there, but, did anyone watch that reality show on CBS called Fire Me...Please? People were challenged to start a job and get fired by 3 p.m on their first day? There was one episode where a lady got hired on at a scrapbook store in Ohio...this was that store! I've been wanting to check it out even before I saw it on TV, but want to check it out even moreso now!

-K

Expert
In response to specialkay

some of us are going there next friday..........you coming Kay?

Tenant
In response to Dshriver

Friday the 12th??? Time?

Expert
In response to Jennifer01

yes, the 12th......we are leaving my house in Kettering around 10 am.....so by 10:30.......

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hi Everyone! I am pretty new to this site and I thought I would look for some fellow scrappers in Ohio...Hope there's room for me..

Expert
In response to weeziebug

Hi Weezie........where is fairport? I'm in Kettering, near Dayton

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to Dshriver

Fairport is a small town on Lake Erie...um the Perry Necular Power Plant is about 10-15 miles away..most people ave never heard of it But I do go scrapping regurlary at the Cord Camera in Macedonia & I have heard of Kettering I believe.

Expert
In response to weeziebug

oh ok............so you are up by sandusky then? or close.........I used to live in toledo, so I kinda know a little about Northeast ohio.....LOL, but not much!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to Dshriver

I am east of Sandusky..closer to te PA side not much happens in northeast ohio so I scrap ALOT

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to Dshriver

Hi Weezie! I live in Roaming Shores (Ashtabula County). We moved from Eastlake about 1 year ago. Have you been to the Paper Elephant? I crop there sometimes. I am planning on going to a crop in Warren, Ohio to meet some PA scrappers on this site. It is on August 27th.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Yah I go to the Paper Elephant sometimes...my sister-in-law has tought a couple classes there. I am already commited to a crop on the 27th @ Cord Camera in Macedonia. My sister-in-law works there so I benefit from her discount. Do you guys get together much to crop or is this the first one.?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

This will be the first one I have went to. The girls have gotten together before. My sister in law lives in Macedonia and takes alot of pictures (doesn't scrapbook) and she said that Cord camera is awesome.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

I will let my sister-in-law know since she is the main photo develpoer there. I always love the way she developes film..and I'm not just saying that b/c she's related. ha ha ha .I have found that the quality of the photo developing makes a HUGE difference. I try not to tell her when I need developing done asap & have to use someone else but I have to hand it to her she's good.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to weeziebug

ummm...is anyone still around in Ohio? Just checkin in...have a great week!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to weeziebug

There don't seem to be many of us around! Or if there are, they aren't checking in on this board!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Not too many buckeyes, even fewer NE Ohioians.
What to you gals scrap?
Most of my scrapping is of my kids. DS6 and DD 4

How are you at controlling yourselves around scrapbook stores? I can be dangerous, especially when there is a sale.

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

I'm dangerous regardless if there is a sale or not!!! Any store that even looks like it might have SB supplies, watch out!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

I always go for the SB isle at any store....also People talk about getting such great deals @ garage sales...I haven't found one yet?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

Out here in Roaming Shores it is spread out, so a garage sale is harder to get to (more spread out). I used to live in Eastlake and would go to garage sales. They were fun.

Expert

omg weeziebug, i find some great stuff at garage sales..............i even went to a MM garage sale for a lady who is a distributor for them.....omg, she had everything more than half off, I was in heaven.......I spent over 400 dollars with her, and you wouldnt BELIEVE all the goodies I got.......I'm still using it all....LOL

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to Dshriver

WOW...that is almost unheard of! Was the MM garage sale advertised or are you one of the lucky ones who stumble across great finds like that one? I came across a community garage sale last week but unfortunatly I couldn't stop b/c it was on my way to work and if I stopped I'm sure I would of been late. Now I need to definatly keep my eyes open!

Pro
In response to weeziebug

I'm in Piqua! 25 mins. north of Dayton, 45 mins from Indy:)
I just became a Stampin Up demo and have spent a bunch getting all my suplies for my fall workshops. I am a bargain hunter and couldn't pass the opportunity to get 12 stamp pads for free:)

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

I have just started playing around with stamps! They are kinda fun...I am finding many different uses for them in my scrapbooks. I've used stampin up in the past but my sil is a demonstrator for TAC stamps. As a bargin hunter do you also find great deals at garage sales?

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

i dont live in Ohio but i live really close to the border.. i know Becky cause she hangs around the pa scrappers thread also.. hope u girls dont mind me jumping in!! im around the Boardman/youngstown/Niles/Warren Ohio Area... at least thats where i go alot..

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Welcome! It's good to see the Ohio thread really picking up.! The more the merrier By the way your little one is precious!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

aww thank you!

Expert

actually weezie, the MM garage sale was posted on the street as a scrapbook garage sale.......not in the paper or anything........she has garage sales on the time for her stuff and emails me when she's having others.......that's one smart thing I did was sign up for email notification......LOL, it was an awesome sale.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to Dshriver

Oh my! I would have been so excited!!! $400!! Wow! Explain that one to your hubby

Hey Crystal! Glad you popped in

Expert

nah becky, I never have to explain to him about money.........i'm kinda lucky there..........LOL He usually knows any big amounts taken out are for SB'ing....LOL

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to Dshriver

My hubby doesn't get mad, but I do sneak stuff in. If he only knew how much I spend.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

man id love to go to a yard sale like that.. lucky duck u!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

im with u on that one Becky!!! SHHHHhhhhh..

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

New Kid On the Block

Hi to all the Ohio Scrappers. I live in Celina, Ohio which is north of Dayton. I am new to the board and have found out alot of imfo. Would be great to get together and crop. I go to my CMC crop once a month . Which is this Saturday night in Arcanum, Ohio . Other than that I scrap at home.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to croppindar

Welcome to the board! I am up in Fairport Habor...about 20 min.east of Cleveland.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

hi croppindar! welcome to the board!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Welcome croppindar! I am from North East Ohio. We would love to crop with you but the drive might be too much. I also post on the PA board since I am close to the border. You might want to check out the Indiania board too. We still want you here!!!! How long have you been scrapbooking?

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Hey, glad to see more and more Ohio-ans here! I'm just in a suburb east of Columbus. Really not a bad place with lots of LSS - but love to see what everyone is doing on this site! Lots of talent and inspiration!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Hi Cher! I was just down in your neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago. I went to visit my Dad. He lives in Dublin. How far away is the JCPenney outlet mall from you? I used to love that store (I haven't been there for ages)

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

girls i was on the Junkitz site and was looking at there store locator and they said theres a scrap store in AustinTown, Oh.. anybody ever been to it or is it still there? there wasnt no number underneath there addy. it aint far at all for me to drive there but was just wondering..

me_chelle
New Kid On the Block
me_chelle

Hi ladies. I'm just joining up here, I'm from Warren, OH!

me_chelle
New Kid On the Block
me_chelle
In response to weeziebug

Quote:

weeziebug said:
Yah I go to the Paper Elephant sometimes...my sister-in-law has tought a couple classes there. I am already commited to a crop on the 27th @ Cord Camera in Macedonia. My sister-in-law works there so I benefit from her discount. Do you guys get together much to crop or is this the first one.?

I work at Cord in Warren...I know a bunch of the girls from Macedonia!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to me_chelle

My sister in law Paula is from the cord store! How funny.we are actually making a field trip to your store tomorrow. I was at that evening with Becky also! What a small world.

me_chelle
New Kid On the Block
me_chelle
In response to weeziebug

Well I'm working in the camera dept. tomorrow but I will be there! I have met Paula a few times.

Tenant
In response to me_chelle

Hello, from Cincinnati area. I am a newbie to the scrapbook bandwagon. I have been doing paper arts for as long as I can remember. Graphic designer by trade, loving my photography classes and can not think of a better way to combine them than this. Glad to see so many Ohio people on here.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to ladobra

welcome Michelle and Ladobra!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Welcome!!!!!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Sorry for the delay in answering! Yes, I'm not too far from the Penney's outlet, just east of there in Pickerington, next exit down the road and then about 5 miles east of that. However, I haven't been to the outlet myself in quite a while!

If any of you get down this way, we have a great LSS here called Pizazz It, right on St. Rt. 256 south of I-70 about 1/2 mile. They have lots of stuff and I love the owners! Also, have a website - Pizazz It Scrapbooks - no spaces.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey Guys! Hope everyone is staying dry!!!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

Thanks Cher I will keep that LSS in mind on my next trip down to my Dad's.

New Kid On the Block

Hello there.. I am Marie and have just joined this site.. I live in Bellevue OH which is by Lake Erie and Sandusky and Cedar Point.. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here...

New Kid On the Block
In response to marienadine

Hi I just joined this group too! I am from NE Ohio, about 20 miles south of Canton (Home of the Football Hall of Fame)

Just wanted to let all you Ohioans know about a Fundraiser/12 hour crop that the scrapbook group at our church is hosting.

It is on Oct 15th from 9am to 9pm in New Philadelphia Ohio at the First Christian Church (www.fccnewphila.org). It is a fundraiser for a local girls group home called P.A.L. Mission (www.palmission.org).

Tickets are $25 in advance or $30 at the door. There will be tons of doorprizes and goodies to give away (I have personally seen some of them, they are awesome) plus you'll have a continental breakfast, light lunch, and Italian dinner. Along with a place to crop for 12 hours...what more could you ask for!

If you want more details, email our scrapbooking group at
apageintime @ adelphia. net (no spaces of course).

Hope you decide to join us! Space is limited, so don't wait to get your ticket!

Sherri

me_chelle
New Kid On the Block
me_chelle
In response to Sdouglas

I feel the need to share that Cord is having a big Fall Clearance sale.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to me_chelle

Oh my sales!! I love sales Thanks for the info.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

thats not good to know.. lol

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey Michelle..is the clearance sale what was back on the scraping tables @ the store or have they added more product?? I did have some of my cardstock that I purchased warp b/c of the humidity I had at my house....has this happened to anyone else? I put it in a cabinet with that heavy stack pack on top so hopefully the stuff is not ruined!

Expert
In response to weeziebug

For anyone who lives near Kettering (Dayton area) I'm having a huge garage/scrapbook sale this week......Wed-Sat.......lots of 12x12 paper......quilling papers.....cutters.....stickers......etc.....if you'd like directions, please PM me thanks

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hi, I'm located in Washington County, P.burg is right across the river. I am fairly new to sb and sb from my home. I have got my mom started. Crafts 2000 is have a SB extravaganza at the end of Sept. This will be my first adventure out with SBing. Cant Wait!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hi Willowtree4ever! Welcome!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Welcome willowtree - glad to have you join in! I go thru your county on my rescue runs for Siamese Cats!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

How do swaps work? I have read the info part, but still seam a little confused about the whole thing

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

willowtree whats the sb event thing going on? and wheres it at.. is there info on it somewhere online?

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

willow- theres different types of differnt swaps..the hostess will have directions on how there swap works and if u ahve any questions dont hestitae to ask them to the hostess they'll be more then happy to answer them for you! happy swapping just watch u dont get to addicted

kdmom
kdmom 
Guru
kdmom
  • kdmom on 09-06-05 08:54 AM

Hi all -

I am going to be in Columbus Ohio October 3-6 for training. I am staying at the Hyatt on Capital Square At Columbus City Center. Unforunately my training is from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Any scrapbooking stores within a reasonable drive? How about Michaels? Shopping Centers? Anything interesting?

Thanks bunches

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to kdmom

o yeah theres alot of stores in columbus. unfortunatly when i was there i didnt know where they were. look in the back of ck mags theres a few aroudn the area. plus im sure some girls frmo around there know where there at too have fun!

kdmom
kdmom 
Guru
kdmom
  • kdmom on 09-06-05 10:36 AM

I never thought to look in the back of the magazines for stores. I am also thinking about writing the local chamber of commerce or visitors burea for their assistance.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to kdmom

My Dad lives in Dublin (a suburb of Columbus). I emailed him and asked him. I will let you know his response.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

I make trips to the JoAnns in Columbus every couple of months. The JoAnns down here are so small, they dont carry much. Other than that store I dont know of any.

Page 1 of 36 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics