Page 3 of 36 
Username Post: Ohio        (Topic#998891)
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to scrappinshortie

Hi! I am from Marietta, OH. Not to far away. Just to let eveyone here know, I have finally got my website up and running. I am currently working on articles to upload. Anyway, sorry I havent been on much lately. I hope everyone is doing fine.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hey there...it's been awhile since I have posted here...anyway I hope everyone is staying dry...this crappy rain ruined my weekend trip to Cedar Point but.....b/c it was ruined my dh took me to the Paper Palace in Solon...I was impressed...they had some neat stuff local sb stores around me don't have...so I would give it a THUMBS UP if your in the area to check it out...=) I guess things happen for a reason.

Angelvoice
Tenant
Angelvoice
In response to weeziebug

There is a lot of good shopping in Solon. I used to live in Westlake, and I made a few trips over to Solon for some specialty stores. It was nice. I'll be making my way up to Cleveland soon for my husband's doctor appt. What are some good LSSs up there besides Cord Camera scrap centers?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to Angelvoice

Awwww! Sorry Weeziebug, I love Cedar Point! We always try to go in October sometime. Their haunted houses are fun (not to mention the rides)

Sorry I haven't heard of any LSS near Cleveland. I know some that are eastside.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to scrappinbecky

Happy Monday!!!!!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hope this week goes fast. My ds is driving me nuts about Halloween. He keeps trying to wear his costume around the house.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey guys!!
Does anyone know where I could score a list off all the scrapbook stores in ohio? I would love to take a field trip to some different parts of Ohio & see some new & neat stores. Thanks

Veteran
In response to weeziebug

Cincinnati area:
PictureThisNMore - in northern KY (off 75 and off I-471)
Scrapbook Central - Mason Rt 42 -- between I-71 and I-75 north of I-275
Archivers - Mason - off I-71, south of the Kings Island Amusement Park exit

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to MeTooSue

Copley, Ohio - The Scrapbook Shop
Boardman, Ohio - Scrapbooks n such
Warren, Ohio - Cord Camera
Akron Ohio - Archivers

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Thanks!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

Anyone have fun halloween plans? We are going to a clam bake/halloween party. Should be fun.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

just takin bridget trick or treating on monday. my parents wanna take me and jer to a haunted house tomrrow but i dunno if were gonna go or not bridgets been really crackie poor kids gums are hurtin her..

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Well we had a halloween party last night and we will take our dd out Monday night but at least the forecast looks good our way! Everyone be safe.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

Awww.... poor Bridget. Teething yucky!

Our halloween party was fun. We won the 50/50 drawing! woohoo! Before we went to the party we took the kids trick or treating. They did good, neither of them said "trick or treat smell my feet" I read the kids a book that was named "Trick or Treat Smell My Feet"! Gabby thought that was what you were supposed to say.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

LOL!!! glad the kids had fun Becky! And u won a 50/50 drawing what did ya win? anything good??

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Money And DH was a bit tipsy and I told him to share. He kept giving me money...... it ended up that I got way over half of it!!!! Shhhhhhhhh! He thinks he gave me 1/2. Hee hee!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Good job Becky! ` lol

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

becky, i wont tell if u aint!!! thats my solution too!!!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

well wait a minute maybe i will if u didnt use some of that money for scrappin supplies? the answer to that question better be yes!!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

You read my mind...... hmmm what new toy do I want

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Happy Weekend! I found this thread on the 2nd page! Awwwww.... What is everyone up to this weekend? I am stuck at home with a sick little one. She is feeling better, but still not herself.

Weezibug I love your new avatar! My DD room is done in hello kitty (well mostly hello kitty with some Winnie the Pooh that DD insisted on having in there)

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

i was thinking about doing our other bathroom in hello kitty since its gonna be bridgets room neways..

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Quote:

scrappinbecky said:

Weezibug I love your new avatar! My DD room is done in hello kitty (well mostly hello kitty with some Winnie the Pooh that DD insisted on having in there)

Thanks..I like it too. If you ever need Hello Kitty paper the only place I've found it was Paper Palace in Solon.

So is everyone enjoying the weather? Yesterday was beautiful! Strange for Ohio but I'll take it. Same with gas prices...it's down to $2.05 out by me. Gotta love it.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

Its something how we say $2.05 is cheap for gas now a days.. LOL!!

yeah it has been a nice weekend. we had a lil storm just a bit ago but that passed by and now its sunny out!!

bajaturtle
New Kid On the Block
bajaturtle

I just joined and I am in Columbus.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to bajaturtle

welcome bajaturtle..

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Hi bajaturtle- It must be nice to have gas prices that low - it's 2.39 here. I guess that is what I get for living in a little town

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

ours are actually at 2.11 its gettin there.. but when it does it will probably go right back up!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

It's anywhere from 2.02 to 2.10 around me. I have $.20 off per gallon at Giant Eagle though. Anyone else do the Giant Eagle Get Go Fuel points?

New Kid On the Block

I live in Akron. Ever Crop at A's????

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to snappyscraps

no i dont really shop at giant eagle. im a walmart shopper..

No never been to A's if your refering to Archivers. I wanna check that place out.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

I just started doing the fuel perks at G Eagle. I love Walmart. Although the one I usually go to (in Eastlake) has become quite cluttered. I do go late at night most times and alot of the aisles are completely blocked off with boxes! I hate that.

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Hey there, I'm in Pickerington! Glad to see someone close to me join! What store do you usually shop at?

bajaturtle
New Kid On the Block
bajaturtle
In response to Chersascrap

Thanks for all of the Welcomes! I shop Wal-mart for general merchandise, but we shop at Wright Patterson AFB for food. MUCH CHEAPER!!!!! Cher I am in Canal Wincheter and I usually go to Pazzaz IT for some scrapbook things. I found out about a scrapbook Retreat coming up in January. www.marmonvalley.com
I am going to try and be there.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey bajaturtle...I don't think I welcomed you. Hope your finding this site interesting and helpful.

So is it really windy in anyone else's neighborhood or is it just me on the lake? This weather has been amazing but living in Ohio it's bound to change.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!I got a few pages scrapped...anyone else?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

I must scrap, but haven't for a few weeks. I am doing a book for a Christmas present and I am not motovated.

Yes, it is windy out here too, although I was at work in Willoughby and it seem that it was more windy. So far we have been so lucky to get out of that s word (snow)

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

If you don't mind me asking..where do you work in Willoughby? I also work out there..actually I am origionaly from Willoughby.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

I work at API Patternworks it is on Hammon parkway. It is a factory that makes parts for jet engines (well they do work for PCC Airfoils).
My DH grew up in Willoughby also. He graduated in '89.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Does he have any younger siblings? I am a 94'Grad. I'm at Imagine Salon (the old Andy Buick building) it's such a small world.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

Oh, I pass that when I stop at the library in Willoughby! It is usually night when I go by it, I was wondering what it was.

Yes, DH has a younger sister, I am not sure how much younger she is. Her name is Michelle Elliott. Know her?

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Yes I know who she is....small world once again..I believe she is younger than me though. Have a great week!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)
In response to weeziebug

Just want to say HI! I havent been online much lately! I hope everyone is getting ready for the cold weather, I hope the heating prices dont jump a lot this year.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey Sarah! I hear you about the heating bills...I so don't want to see my next one

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

I feel for you guys and the gas bills. We have a geothermal home (all electric). I don't know how people are going to afford gas if it jumps as much as it says it will. It already has jumped enough!

I hear the winter wind blowing!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

we got all electric too. were we lived last winter we had a wood bruner stove and a oil furnance it was awful in the winter.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

You will love your electric bills this winter! Although it is expensive to fix the geothermal when it breaks, but in my opinion it is worth it.

I love the new pic of Bridget What a cutie!

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

thanks!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Good Morning everyone! Welcom to winter!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

Hey Linda - sorry I haven't been around much lately! I just went to the retreat Pizazz It sponsored at Indian Bear Lodge - it was fabulous, probably a little pricey, but well worth it!

I've got to get to some of the crop nights at Pizazz It so I can finish some of my swaps!!!

ambadol
Expert
ambadol

i work at giant eagle. the fuel perk is great. i usually fill up every three months fo under .20 a gallon. sometimes it's free! you should see all the people that shop there and don't redeem thie fuel. they'll have over 3.00 off. can you imagine all the scrap supplies you could buy if you had that kind of money to throw away!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to ambadol

No, way not redem the their fuel! That is like giving money away!

Have a great weekend everyone!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Quote:

scrappinbecky said:
Good Morning everyone! Welcom to winter!

I knew our nice weather was too good to be true.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug
In response to weeziebug

Ok girls...I a looking for a few opinions on the subject of my gas bill. So I get my bill and it wasn't too bad ($109.00) BUT it had a budget amount of $178.00...well I don't know if I should jump on the budget bandwagon or take my chances b/c it really hasn't been to cold yet this year. Just looking for a few opinions. Living in Ohio I trust you girls

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

I always would do the budget. Just so I could pay a fixed amount all year long. If your bill was only 109.00 so far, I would think it would at least would double when we get a cold snap. If you pay the budget and you over pay, in the spring time they adjust your budget and they would apply the amount you over paid to your bill. You know really cold weather is coming no getting out of it.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Lisa, is your Salon open on Sundays? I came into Willoughby to go to work, but I stopped at the library first. When I tried to get to the library there was something going on downtown. Tons of police cars, fire trucks, and ambulances. they had the downtown blocked off. Know what happened?

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

No we're not open on Sundays but I wonder what happened????It's pretty rare that they would close off downtown. I'll ask around this week someone should know.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to weeziebug

Welcome Bajaturtle!

I'm new to the forum too. I have been around only for a few weeks. ANd thought I'd stop by and say hello to my fellow Ohioans here.

And to cmment on the gas convo, the price of gas for the car is down at the moment, but the price to heat the house sure isn't. We got our first bill for the weather, and I wasn't too keen on it. We are moving soon, and into a much bigger home, I can imagine the heating bill, ugh.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Welcome TJ!

Shhhhh! don't jinx the gasoline prices

Oh my you are from Columbus! I love Donatos pizza from there!!!!! We have one up here, it just isn't the same. Different sauce. My Dad is from Dublin, so when he comes this way he always brings a pizza with him.

Welcome!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks for the welcome. Yep pretty much been in Columbus all my life. Thank goodness my hubby travels and I get to go places. I have now lived on all sides of town in Columbus, I grew up in the Northend and we are now moving back to it.

I know what you mean about the pizza places, funny how different areas have different flavors. I like Papa Johns best though.

Shoot you have to get used to peoples ways of driving in different areas. The folks are so rude on the northend, I wanted to run someone over today with my Blazer, I was so upset. Oh well, have to learn patience more, haha.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

I hate Rt 271!!! People do drive crazy on there!

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and ate too much..... I know I did.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hi everyone! I have been so confused with the whole new set-up.

Had a pretty good turkey day here...

((Becky-my daughter loves your avatar))

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to weeziebug

We did and still packing this fun weekend.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

TJ too funny! "packing" ha ha! I just weighed myself!!!! I gained 2 pounds!!! Ugh!

weeziebug - I tried to put a picture up, but couldn't figure it out, so I put Lumpy up

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

HI everyone! Just made it back. I am still trying to navagate the new layout here. I had a great turky day! I hope everyone else did also.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

No Becky, we really are packing this weekend, were moving next week.

It is funny now that I looked at it and seen how I phrased that.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Does anyone know if you can still mark a post - or know how to check the post you have (had) marked in your personal settings?

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

• TJCraftyWitch Said:
No Becky, we really are packing this weekend, were moving next week.

It is funny now that I looked at it and seen how I phrased that.

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Happy Sunday!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to weeziebug

Hey folks does anyone know of some local crops going on after the first of the year. I have scrapping for awhile, but have never done crops and parties. Does anyone know someone that does them here is Ohio or host them themselves.

I am just curious. I did an internet search and only found one or two that was going on after the first of the year. One was Independence, Ohio in February, and the other date was to be announced in Huron, Ohio. Has anyone went to crop workshops at local hotels? I am curious and would appreciate the feedback. Is it worth the trip and the money spent to go? Did you have fun?
Or do you folks go to the LSS and do the crops and workshops they have there?

I know I am full of questions and hope you fine folks can answer some of thes questions. Are any of you scrapbooking consultants too? If so can you PM me and we can chat. I am interested in becoming a consultant too, and having fun trying to decide which company would be best for me join.

Thanks and much appreciated beforehand.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

TJ, i host lil crops and parties at my house and a bunch of us will crop at a LSS but were in Pa. But i'm sure you will find some crops/parties close by!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

I know the Creative Memories consulants sometimes have overnight crops at hotels. I know of a couple up this way in Feb and March. I have never been, but a weekend to do nothing else but scrap...... priceless

Pro

Hi, Just getting on here since the new site is up! I'm a Stampin Up Demo and hold workshops and classes. If there's interest in a bigger gathering or overnight gathering please PM me. I'm 1 1/2 hrs. from Cincy and Columbus 25 min north of Dayton. I have no problem driving 30 min to host workshops and I'd love to help plan a larger get together in Miami Valley area!

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to mommie2angels

Welcome TJ! I'm in Pickerington!

A lot of the local scrapbook stores will have crops for a small fee - usually Friday or Saturday nights. Also, another SB group I belong to hosts crops around town at the different shops for their members and it's usually free at those - which is why I joined that group! It's great cause I get to meet people from my general area of town (or the area where the store is) and get some neat ideas, too!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Thanks for the info ladies. That really helps too. I will check out some more local LSS stores and find out when they have theirs. And will be contacting some Scrap Consultants after the first of the year to plan some parties and all.

Again thank you very much.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

I will be hosting some after the first of the year...I hope. I live in Washington County.

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap
In response to Kels

I finally got the subscribe to topic to show so I could use this!!!

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

How did you get it to work? I dont have any clue

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Nevermind I found the button!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

ok, for the clueless where is the button? I think I will like the forum once I figure it out

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

As you are working on adding a post, I went to edit and at the bottom of the page there is a place to subscribe. The only thing I can't figure out is how to check this fourm from My Place like before.

I hope this helps and that it is clear as mud.

Chersascrap
Guru
Chersascrap

What gave me so much trouble was I finally happened to hit the "reply" button at the bottom of someone's post and that is where you see the drop down box right below the box you type your message in. Then when you want to check on your favorites, go to your 'My Place', look at the box on the far left, the is titled Communication, click on 'My Control Panel' and on the left will be a listing of items, click on Subscribed Topics. There may be another way to do it, but this I found for sure works!

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Thanks! I found it!

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Hey Becky..the salon is having it's holiday open house Saturday night if you wanted to stop in and check it out. All Aveda products are 10% off and it's also a cut-a-thon to benefit the American Cancer Society. I'm not sure how much haircuts are but I know manicures are $10.00 & waxing is $5.00 and all 100% of the profits go to the cancer society.It's a first come-first serve with all services. Oh it's also from 6-9 p.m. Just thought I would pass this along...hope your having a great week!
Lisa

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

I would love to come, but my DH is "huntin" this weekend. I am already having my MIL watch the kids on Sunday so I can come into work. That is so nice to do, I always donate every year to the cancer society. Thanks for thinking of me

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Not a prob. Just thought I'd throw it your way.

Does your DH ever get anything when he goes "huntin"?

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie
In response to weeziebug

My dh is thinking about going out huntin too this weekend. i hate that sport . i know it has to be done cause the deer will get overpopulated but i just think its so cruel.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Yes, he does usually get a deer. Although I root for bambi! So far it is bambi 3 and Bob 0 I make it clear that it doesn't come home until it is in a package! I don't want to see that. I won't eat it.

scrappinshortie
Diva
scrappinshortie

I wont eat it either. and i diffently dont wanna see it. lol

weeziebug
Guru
weeziebug

Go Bambi Go lol

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky
In response to weeziebug

So far after today, Bambi is still winning.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Hope Bambi keeps winning. I am that way too. I like deer meat, but don't want to see the deer it came from. Just bring it home wrapped in a package, no deer carcass please.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Bambi won! My DH thinks he is done for the season

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

Good Morning everyone! I am on the computer looking to see if DS has a snow day.... no luck so far!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

We aren't supposed to start getting good snow until Thursday night 3-6inches.....LET IT SNOW!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

Oh please no snow in my area. We are moving this Friday, and I don't want to climb through the stuff. Ugh, no snow, no snow, no snow, please. After this weekend it can snow all it wants.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

I agree no snow for the weekend either... my Dad is coming up from Columbus.

Good luck moving! I do not envy you.... We moved last year. It is nice once you get settled but the whole moving things stinks

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Amen! I hate moving....although someday I will move again into a house! I hate living in an apartment anymore, no privacy. Well good luck! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch

TY folks.

sarahw (willowtree4ever)
Veteran
sarahw (willowtree4ever)

Well i just thought I would say HI, it has been very quite here lately. I hope everyone is being very safe, with the crazy weather we are having.

scrappinbecky
Pro
scrappinbecky

HI all! My computer has been down. Every now and then DH decides to wipe the computer clean (when it starts to run slow).

I hope your moving went well TJ

Page 3 of 36 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics