Page 1 of 31 
Username Post: Texas        (Topic#998911)
Kels
Kels 
Marketing Goddess
Kels
  • Kels on 03-31-05 02:08 PM

Welcome to Texas!

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to Kels

excellent! austin in the hizzouuuuse!!

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to rothko

Conroe here!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

Houston

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

speaking of houston, i've gotta make an IKEA run at some point. oh, and visit the rothko chapel (it's a holy pilgrimage, you see) and the deMenil collection and and and...

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie
In response to rothko

Hello from Denton!

Resident
In response to TXAngie

San Antonio

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to dat2197

I've wanted to check out the Rothko chapel. The one time I went to the Menil for an art history project, they were doing construction around the painting I came to see. I don't live far from it, so you would think that I would go there more often.

I love Ikea. Don't love the construction in the area. But Ikea is a blast. Especially since they recently made it BIGGER!

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

chandra, did you major in art history? if i could do it all over again, i would have done that (or german language/literature). once i got my head screwed on straight, i loaded up on as many art history classes as i could before graduating.

i became obsessed with rothko my freshman year in the required arts appreciation course we had; when i discovered the internet the next year, it was clear i'd need a nickname, and i just picked "rothko" completely in a hurry off the top of my head. it sounds pretty pretentious now (doh!) but i've been using it for so long it's kind of taken on a life of its own! i go by rothko offline too -- it just fits me so much better somehow than my given name.

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04
In response to rothko

Though I'm no longer in Texas now, I lived in College Station until last May! Just thought I'd say hi!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to RoxyAg04

No, I didn't major in Art History. I would love to, though. I haven't finished school yet (I got married when I was a junior). I took a lot of "fun" courses when I was a freshman and a sophomore when I became disappointed in my major the first week I had theatre production class. I had a friend who was an artist (we worked in a bookstore together) and we would spend hours talking about who I was studying in class that week. I was going to major in English until I took a writer's workshop and found myself out-witted, out-melancholied, and out-storied. So, I'm drudging through the core classes that are required, and taking pre-business courses. I have this crazy idea of getting a degree in finance and accounting.

Rothko is actually one of the few artist's I can pinpoint on sight. There are a few others (Impressionists, mostly), but Rothko always had a distinctive style to me. I think your avatar suits the name very well.

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

heh, thanks; my avatar's pretty close to what i actually look like -- or at least, when i keep my hair cut! it's a little shaggy right now...

i did everything the wrong way around and took most of my major classes my first two years, then the first week of my junior year realized i hated it and it was the hugest mistake i ever made, etc... and i still had to finish my generals! so i thought about transferring or switching majors, but it would've taken me at least 5 years to finish my degree at that point, so i decided to just stick it out and finish in 4. thing is, either way i would have ended up in the same office cubicle afterward...

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to rothko

Hey ladies -- I got an email from Picture It! up in Cedar Park (north of Austin) that says they're going out of business and having a huge sale. They're also selling their fixtures, racks, etc. They're closing on the 28th of this month. Thought I'd put the word out.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to rothko

Born in El Paso and raised in Paris and Jefferson Texas. Live in Louisiana now

Judyn
Judyn 
Guru
Judyn
  • Judyn on 04-04-05 05:38 AM
In response to Taterdawg

Spring Texas here...Right in the middle of Old Towne Spring! A shoppers paradise!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to Judyn

Rothko, what major did you end up with? I have a cubicle job, but it's in a house. I get a window to look out of.

This morning my coworker called me into the other room and told me to look out the window. She said there was this crazy woman standing in the middle of the street flinging her arms around. I looked outside, and finally saw her. I cracked up. We have a jogging trail running down the middle of Heights Blvd with trees and benches, and of course birds and squirrels. I told her the crazy woman was indeed crazy, but she was a secretary from across the street who was smoking a cigarette, and talking on the phone. She was flinging her ashes to the side, which caused the birds to flock down and investigate. I thought it was funny.

My avatar looks nothing like me. Well, except for maybe around the middle a bit. Do you always walk around with a coffee cup in your hand

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Rothko, what major did you end up with? I have a cubicle job, but it's in a house. I get a window to look out of.

uh, i have a degree in biblical and theological studies with a minor in new testament greek (different from classical greek) from a baptist college in minnesota. it's a very long story involving untreated bipolar disorder and religious mania. i'm not even a christian anymore, which is the real irony there.

i had a cube with a window, once very long ago. it looked out onto a little courtyard with lots of birds, though i never saw them attacking anyone (except through certain natural digestive processes, eww)! then our office moved to another location and i was left completely windowless. then i switched jobs and still had a cube -- but it had really high walls, which was nice from a privacy aspect!

Quote:

My avatar looks nothing like me. Well, except for maybe around the middle a bit. Do you always walk around with a coffee cup in your hand

well, i DO drink a ton of coffee...

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to rothko

I'm taking French from a woman who's first language is Greek. She teaches modern greek at UH. She speaks Greek, French, English, German, Russian, and Spanish.

I would love to have walls for privacy. However, I've become quite adept at alt+tab. I just have to make sure I don't have too many "unworkly" windows open.

I grew up with bible classes, but that's as far as it went. I never had a religious home. I wish I knew more about the bible (and not just because my MIL knows EVERYTHING), but because I find the similarities between Christianity and other religions interesting. Especially with cultures dating to BC (or BCE if you want to be PC).

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

man, that's a lot of languages! i've studied german for a bazillion years -- other than that, i have a little spanish kicking around in my brain from back in high school, and i've taken a couple polish classes, but i'd never say i really "speak" either one! as far as modern greek goes, it's completely beyond me -- all i can do is sound out the words, but they mean nothing to me! same with russian, except that i don't know the alphabet quite as well...

i got to be pretty good at "alt-tab" too, except that i think most people i've worked for or with know that routine already, which is kind of a bummer...

there are so many similarities between a number of religions -- it seems that all people want to do is focus on the differences these days, but there's so much to learn from each other! i never did take a world religions class and i really wish i had now (you would *think* it would be required of bib/theo majors, but it wasn't -- i avoided it because the guy who taught it had a reputation for being heinously borrrrring).

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to rothko

So is anyone going to San Antonio for the GASC? I have to say, I'm just not that excited about any of the workshops listed on the website. Does anyone else feel the same way, or am I just a freak?

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to rothko

rothko, thanks for directing me here I was wondering where everyone went. I will have to repost a couple of them from over there. LOL

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to scrappingmargo

A repost from the other thread:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TXAngie said:
Hey, Margo - I grew up in Andrews and Midland!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats too funny because now you live in Denton right? Well that is the area that my hubby grew up in he is from Gainseville.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo

One more:Quote:

louwhocc said:
Margo - maybe we can get to gether and have crop sometime....

Sorry so late to responding. I would like that I need to try and plan a trip there anyway. We haven't been there in a while. Oh and would you pm me so that I can give you my email I would like some IRW info.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Taterdawg

Quote:

taterdog1 said:

Where in Louisiana, thats whre I grew up in the Lake Charles area.

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04

Any Aggies here?

Learning_As_I_Go
Guru
Learning_As_I_Go
In response to RoxyAg04

Representing San Antonio. Hi ladies

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to Learning_As_I_Go

I looked at the San Antonio convention and I didn't see anything that really peaked my interest. I think I'm holding out for the one in Austin in May, and maybe the one in Pasadena later this year (no offense to any habitants, but I don't know WHY they're holding it in Stinkadina).

I've got a big swap finish in May, plus three secret pals, and my husband's uber-goober gamer retreat this summer .... I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed. I think it may be time to break out the coloring books and the crayons for some crayola relief.

MelissaH
Diva
MelissaH
In response to RoxyAg04

Quote:

RoxyAg04 said:
Any Aggies here?

Not me, I bleed ORANGE!!

Hook'em HORNS!!

Judyn
Judyn 
Guru
Judyn
  • Judyn on 04-06-05 08:37 AM
In response to MelissaH

I don't know of one in Pasadena...and you are right...that place will be awful to any visitors.

Taterdawg
Diva
Taterdawg
In response to Judyn

I live in Leesville, Vernon Parish Fort Polk. Nope was born and raised Texan and I bleed orange and white too. Yuck Aggies and Okies

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to Taterdawg

Andrea I am heading your way next month! first week in may...>San antonio here I Come!!

RoxyAg04
Idol
RoxyAg04
In response to MelissaH

Quote:

MelissaH said:
Quote:

RoxyAg04 said:
Any Aggies here?

Not me, I bleed ORANGE!!

Hook'em HORNS!!

Oh NO!!!! That's the worst color to bleed! j/j

Learning_As_I_Go
Guru
Learning_As_I_Go
In response to RoxyAg04

Yipppee Jeanne is coming to San Antonio

Do you plan on doing any shopping? Visiting any place in particular??

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie

I will actually be downtown for a conference...but I am driving so I can go anywhere I want! any suggestions??

ScrapNhappy
Guru
ScrapNhappy
In response to Jeanne-Marie

PICTURE IT IS CLOSING!!!!!?????????? Ugh!!! I just found them a few months ago, and have been attending their once a month free crop! Big Bummer!!!!

I live in Cedar Park, TX y'all!

TEENscrapper
Tenant
TEENscrapper
In response to Taterdawg

Katy Texas ya'll! Right here!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TEENscrapper

You know, people are always talking about how Texans can go on talking forever and ever, but no one is ever on our thread chatting! Where did all the LoneStar Gals go?

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to ChandraLa

I was wondering the same thing

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to ChandraLa

I am here!!!

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie

and eegads it was hot yesterday~!~~ there was a nasty wreck on 45 that I had to sit through...it was horrible~

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie

It's too close to TAKS for me to do too much talking!! <--That's me going nuts right now!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TXAngie

I never thought the TAAS was that hard, but I knew people who had to take it so many times, they were in summer school after their senior year taking TAAS classes.

ScrapNhappy
Guru
ScrapNhappy
In response to ChandraLa

Well, Chandra, I guess I get on at odd hours. Nobody here but me now...

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie
In response to ChandraLa

TAKS is tougher and this is the first year that fifth graders (that's what I teach) must pass math and reading to go on to sixth grade. We also have a science test (which I'm responsible for). I don't know what's worse - have three chances to pass a test that you MUST pass, or only having one shot at a test that doesn't count towards promotion (the science test). After April 21, both my students and I will be able to relax a bit.

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TXAngie

Someone asked me about the scrapbook convention in Pasadena, I flipped through all my old scrapbook magazine and found it. For a second, I thought I had been imagining it!

It is at the Pasadena Convention Center October 21-22. And I just forgot who is running the show. I will find out and repost.

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to ChandraLa

I can understand the theory behind the testing, they want to make sure that all the children are promotable and it keeps an eye on their learning..... but I feel like they should put as much emphasis on the learning process as they do the testing process. I wonder what they could do if school districts could pay as much attention to teaching as they do the testing. I remember that the only time my school was really there for the students was during standardized testing. But I also understand that the budgets are getting cut, and it's difficult.

I'm sorry the testing period is so stressful for you. But it's almost over! Just one more week! I'm sure your kids will do great.

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to ChandraLa

I got my convention information from the December issue of Simple Scrapbooks. In it, it says October 21-22. I found the Scrapbook Expo online, and I think that's it. The name has changed to the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo, and the dates have changed to June. I saw the listing of vendors and classes... there aren't that many.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

My dd has been in tutorials for a month for TAKS. She's a 7th grader and didn't do so hot on the math practice test. She was just complaining last night about why can't her grades count instead of this "stupid test" (her words, not mine-lol!). I'll be glad when it's over, cuz 3 nights a week she doesn't get home until almost 6 in the eve!

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie
In response to TX_Dot

I was looking at the GASC website for information on their Arlington convention. As for workshops, I saw lots of mini-album and card-making classes, but there wasn't much that caught my eye.

jbhood
jbhood 
Guru
jbhood
In response to Taterdawg

Quote:

taterdog1 said:

I have a dear friend in Paris! I visited there for the first time in Jan. & experienced some culture shock! I'm from West TX & wasn't familiar w/the East TX accents, etc. It was a good time though. I also love Jefferson. Such a cute, quaint town. And good jelly!

jbhood
jbhood 
Guru
jbhood
In response to RoxyAg04

Quote:

RoxyAg04 said:
Quote:

MelissaH said:
Quote:

RoxyAg04 said:
Any Aggies here?

Not me, I bleed ORANGE!!

Hook'em HORNS!!

Oh NO!!!! That's the worst color to bleed! j/j

I agree! I'm a Red Raider, so I have to say that! LOL My dad is a die hard Longhorn though...we have a nice family rivalry going on constantly!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to jbhood

Well, I have to be honest:

I was born in Austin to a Longhorn alumnus
My husband's family is nothing but Aggies
And I'm a Houston Cougar.

I must say though, that my loyalty belongs to the Longhorns. We used to beat up Aggies on the playground. BUT, my in-laws went to my rival high school, so family gatherings are fun.

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to TXAngie

Quote:

TXAngie said:
I was looking at the GASC website for information on their Arlington convention. As for workshops, I saw lots of mini-album and card-making classes, but there wasn't much that caught my eye.

yeah, that's exactly the thing about the San Antonio one too -- and mini-albums and cards really aren't my thing. i'm psyched about the shopping, though!

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Well, I have to be honest:

I was born in Austin to a Longhorn alumnus
My husband's family is nothing but Aggies
And I'm a Houston Cougar.

LOL I went to Angelo State, and we were soooooo apathetic, no enthusiasm or school loyalty at all.

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie
In response to TXAngie

I feel the same way, Rothko - I'm not into mini-albums and cards. But I really enjoyed shopping last year, and expect to do the same in June.

jbhood
jbhood 
Guru
jbhood
In response to TXAngie

I saw ya'll talking about Bluebonnets on the Lone Star thread. Aren't they the best thing ever? I am driving to San Antonio today & hope to see tons along I-35. My Granny used to plan all her driving trips around the bloom of the wild flowers! We would always gather them up & press them, then make place mats out of them. That way we could enjoy them yr round. Ah, nostalgia!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to jbhood

I only wish that we had them growing here in Odessa, you just don't see them here.

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie

But you have plenty of mesquite bushes out there, don't you Margo?! When I moved from west Texas to Denton, one of my first impressions was how many trees there are out here. There really aren't so many, but compared to where I was coming from it seemed like a forest!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to TXAngie

yeah we got tons of those bushes, and I know want you are saying about the tree. when we go there right by you in gainesville I can't believe all the green!

Looks like we are going to have to make a trip there here really soon FIL isn't doing very well.

jbhood
jbhood 
Guru
jbhood

I'm from West TX too & was used to all the cotton fields. My first trip out to East TX had me fascinated! I was like "OMG where did all these trees come from??? You can't see your neighbor 100 miles away!!!"

sharonrose
Guru
sharonrose
In response to jbhood

hi everybody, from Lufkin (in E. Texas) here!!!

just now noticed this new thread!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Taterdawg

Good Monday Morning Texas gals how is everyone doing?

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa

Allergies suck!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to ChandraLa

LOL I hear you I don't suffer form them but my hubby and two kids to. They have them really bad and of course everything is blooming here.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Allergies suck!

I guess that answers that question!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

I like to get to the heart of the matter.

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to ChandraLa

Does anyone know of a local book club?

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Sure don't. Sorry

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

It's alright. My husband told me I didn't have a life, so I'm trying to find one!

scrapwriter
Governor
scrapwriter
In response to ChandraLa

Hi everyone-

Just thought I would post on this site. My daughter got accepted to UTSA and will soon be a longhorn I believe. My DH is in the AF and we live in England. We wasn't sure why she picked there but were happy for her.

Just a couple of weeks ago, my DH got orders to Abilene Texas, so now we will only be 5 hours away from our DD (according to mapquest).

OK that's my life right now. Hoping to learn a bit about TX by visiting your site over the next couple of months.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to scrapwriter

Oh that is great that you are going to be able to be close to her. Hmm can't tell you much about where you are going because I live here in good old west texas where there is way to much dirt. LOL

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie

Quote:

scrapwriter said:
Hi everyone-

Just thought I would post on this site. My daughter got accepted to UTSA and will soon be a longhorn I believe. My DH is in the AF and we live in England. We wasn't sure why she picked there but were happy for her.

J

she won't be a longhorn... she'll be a Roadrunner!

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
It's alright. My husband told me I didn't have a life, so I'm trying to find one!

you mean your uber-goober-gamer-geek husband told you to get a life?! what does a "life" consist of for him? joining you on the xbox?

(sorry, just found it a little ironic, don't mean to offend... my hubby just unpacked his game cube today, so i feel your pain...)

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to rothko

Quote:

rothko said:

you mean your uber-goober-gamer-geek husband told you to get a life?! what does a "life" consist of for him? joining you on the xbox?

(sorry, just found it a little ironic, don't mean to offend... my hubby just unpacked his game cube today, so i feel your pain...)

You didn't offend. I thought the same thing. I told him all he does is sit in front of the XBox, and he said "yes, but I talk to people on there". Okay, Chief. I guess I'm supposed to sit around reading the Wheel of Time series, staring at the calendar for the day Star Wars comes out, and watching Stargate reruns at 11 at night. Every now and then I'll do something kind of mean with regards to the XBox. I'll hide the controllers so he can't play. Or I'll put in another game disc to see how long it takes him to notice (he mostly plays Halo 2), or I'll use it myself and play something like Top Spin so bad it drives him crazy and he tries to take the controller from me.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
[
You didn't offend. I thought the same thing. I told him all he does is sit in front of the XBox, and he said "yes, but I talk to people on there".

And what are you doing when you are here? The written word is just as powerful as the spoken!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

Who knows? I guess reading isn't the same as yelling WHERE'S THAT SNIPER SHOOTING FROM??????? into a little green headset while sitting in the dark in front of a television.

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

The sage in bloom, is like perfume
Deep in the of Texas.

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to ChandraLa

What a pretty day we had here today no wind which is usually really bad this time of year. Daughter was swimming too.

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:
Who knows? I guess reading isn't the same as yelling WHERE'S THAT SNIPER SHOOTING FROM??????? into a little green headset while sitting in the dark in front of a television.

I really think he's been playing my husband! that's what he does too!!

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie

so where are my san antonio neighbors??? I need details! I have less than two weeks to plan here! where are the stores to hit??

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa

Quote:

Jmtamez said:
Quote:

ChandraA said:

I really think he's been playing my husband! that's what he does too!!

Could be. My husband belongs to an online gaming group called Lonestar Geezers.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 04-21-05 06:25 AM

Quote:

scrapwriter said:
Just a couple of weeks ago, my DH got orders to Abilene Texas, so now we will only be 5 hours away from our DD (according to mapquest).

OK that's my life right now. Hoping to learn a bit about TX by visiting your site over the next couple of months.

Abilene is a nice place. I liked to stop there when I was driving from DFW to Odessa. My brother lived there a while too. I would much rather be there then here!!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Keys

Micki where in NM are you I use to live in Roswell, and you said Odessa that is where I live now.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 04-21-05 09:58 AM

I'm in ABQ now. Spent some time in LC,NM. I grew up in Odessa and lived there until 10 years ago. I miss the small town feel something awful. It is so "cold" and unfriendly here.

Now, I do like the smell here better! I was giving someone directions not too long ago and said to turn about 45 minutes after you hit the smell. They looked at me with this strange, funny look. After the trip they said they now know exactly what I meant!! You might miss the mile marker but you are not going to miss the smell!!

scrappingmargo
Veteran
scrappingmargo
In response to Keys

LOL I hear you on that one. I know what you mean about Abq. I was never a big fun of that town. I went to high school in Roswell and we were always taking trips up there.

TXAngie
Guru
TXAngie

Micki - I grew up in west Texas (Andrews and Midland). One thing I remember about a trip I made to Abq (I'm not going to try to spell it, either) and Santa Fe, was how much more laid-back and relaxed people were in New Mexico.

Keys
Keys 
Diva
Keys
  • Keys on 04-22-05 03:16 AM
In response to TXAngie

It is VERY laid-back (except on the "big I" then they go wild) -- To the point of driving me nuts!! I guess I am like my grandmother who had about a dozen chiming clocks in every room! LOL!

rothko
rothko 
Veteran
rothko
In response to ChandraLa

Quote:

ChandraA said:

You didn't offend. I thought the same thing. I told him all he does is sit in front of the XBox, and he said "yes, but I talk to people on there". Okay, Chief. I guess I'm supposed to sit around reading the Wheel of Time series, staring at the calendar for the day Star Wars comes out, and watching Stargate reruns at 11 at night.

hahahah!!! man, i know way too many people like that. fortunately, hubby's mostly obsessed with video games and keeps his sci-fi/fantasy geekery to a minimum. i actually *made* him go out and find a D&D group back when we were in cambridge -- otherwise he *never* went anywhere or got together with anyone. look, you really need other friends besides just me, dear...

Quote:

Every now and then . . . I'll hide the controllers so he can't play. Or I'll put in another game disc to see how long it takes him to notice (he mostly plays Halo 2), or I'll use it myself and play something like Top Spin so bad it drives him crazy and he tries to take the controller from me.

hah! you're so evil! personally i don't mind so much when he goes on huge game binges -- it just gives me more uninterrupted time to do my own things... like, well, scrapbooking! heh.

roth

Leisa_T
Idol
Leisa_T
In response to rothko

I just stumbled upon this thread! Can't believe I missed it before. Hello Texas gals! Another San Antonio scrapper is here!

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to Leisa_T

Quote:

Leisa_T said:
I just stumbled upon this thread! Can't believe I missed it before. Hello Texas gals! Another San Antonio scrapper is here!

fabulous! tell me where Memory Buckets is as well as any othe r great sb stores are! I lived in SA for ten years so I am fairly familiar....

Leisa_T
Idol
Leisa_T

I'm new to San Antonio so I'm not familiar with all the stores yet.

The Memory Bucket has directions posted on their website from wherever you are coming from in San Antonio, so here's a link. After visiting their site, it is apparent I need to visit their store! THanks for mentioning it!
http://www.thememorybucket.com/how.html

Also, Scrapbook 911 (close to Loop 1604) is very good. It has some unique items I haven't seen in other places. Their website is:
http://www.bee-noticed.com/hours.html

And Scrapbook Heaven on Bandera Road is huge! Their web address: http://www.scrapbook-heaven.com/

Both Scrapbook 911 and Scrapbook Heaven host lost of crops throughout the week, and several in-store retreats throughout the year.

Hope this helps!

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to jbhood

I journeyed to another scrapbook store yesterday. I went to Beyond Scraps in Pearland. It was relatively easy for someone like me (who gets lost easily) to find. It was a nice little store (smaller than Lonestar) but it had a ton of stuff in it. The two women who were working there were SO nice! I didn't feel like they were looking at me like I was a shoplifter (like some other store I've been to), and they answered all my questions. I even reserved the Chatterbox trunk and handbag. I thought about it, and decided to go for it. I also ordered some new QuicKutz dies. I don't know when they'll be here, but hopefully soon. They had a great little "garage sale" going on this weekend, and May 7th (National Scrapbook Day) you get 25% off your purchase. They had National Cardstock for sale in bundles because they're going out of business and they are getting Bazzill in slowly but surely. It is one of those stores that has a little bit of everything, and great service. They aren't very big, but they've got big dreams for their store and I love that! Like most store, they only had one register, but they offered drinks to those of us who had to wait in line. I plan on going back again.

Next week.... Scrapbook Generations in Sugarland!

TX_Dot
TX_Dot 
Guru
TX_Dot
In response to ChandraLa

I have a friend that just moved out to Pearland. She scrapbooks, too. Although she started out as a total CM scrapper, I've slowly been corrupting her! lol. Maybe I need to make a trip out to visit her just so we can go to Beyond Scraps. Sounds like a nice place. And I'd love to stock up on cardstock. Isn't the National Cardstock similar to Bazzil?

ChandraLa
Diva
ChandraLa
In response to TX_Dot

Yes. From what I understand (and I could understand wrong) National Cardstock was the predecessor to Bazzill, but Bazzill had the funding to promote their cardstock more. And I believe that Bazzill is strictly textured, whereas some of National is and some of it isn't.

Learning_As_I_Go
Guru
Learning_As_I_Go
In response to ChandraLa

Hi ladies, I've gone to three sbing stores here in San Antonio and I highly recommend The Memory Bucket. I relly like their store nice, neat and filled with lots and lots of goodies.

Jeanne, when are you coming to San Antonio?

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie

I am coming up (actually over since I am in Houston) Sunday. I will be staying at the Hyatt downtown. (that's odd becuase I worked there for almost a year in the jazz bar!) Plus I worked at HOliday Inn downtown for several years! I lived in San antonio for ten years...went to IWU and worked for JUDSON ISD.

Leisa_T
Idol
Leisa_T

Ok, I guess I'll have to check out Memory Bucket soon! I just met someone this weekend who said it was the place to go, as well.
Have a safe trip into town, Jeanne. How long are you staying?
Andrea, have you ever done any of the crops at the sb stores here?

Jeanne-Marie
Mayor
Jeanne-Marie
In response to Leisa_T

I'll be there all week... it will be nice to go back and visit..see what's new.

louwhocc
Resident
louwhocc
In response to Taterdawg

Well heck I found ya'll...... I am from Lubbock............... Up in the panhandle.......

Page 1 of 31 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics