Page 2 of 84 
Username Post: Virginia        (Topic#998919)
Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to riverroadrn

OK, I need to be there. Right now LOL

I am in for Oct. 1 too...just let me know details!

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to Corynn

Just got a PM back from Kay and the Oct 1 date is a no go at least for Lynchburg. Kay is going to check with her church and see when it may be available. She will get back to me and I will get back with everyone!

k?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to luvscrapin

angel I pmed you, let me know the date. thanks susan

New Kid On the Block
In response to Kels

Just wanted to say hi to all my fellow Virginians. I am in Roanoke, VA. I'm originally from NC but have lived here for about 3 1/2 years.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to BigDavesGirl2003

HEY GIRLFRIEND, welcome to the board. what is something we can call you besides bigdavesgirl2003. we are planning a get together in oct. maybe. it will be fun, i promise you. see ya. susan a

New Kid On the Block

My name is Deanna...Btw, I got to the Lynchburg area frequently and occasionally to South Boston. My in-laws run a resturaunt in Altavista so I am up that way at least once a month, typically more. And I have a lot of genealogy research I do in the South Boston area. A get together in Oct. sounds neat!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Hi Deanna!! Yay! You are not far from me at all I am near Lexington.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

DEANNA, I love roanoke, spent one summer their living with my mom and sending my son to the Achievement Center. It was so fun. They had an Emerson Creek Pottery outlet in the city market and I loved it. We would go to the orchard place in the fall and get fresh apples. Glad to meet you. Corynn, hows the business going? see ya susan

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Deanna,

You come my/our way! Susan, Angel and I all live in So Bo! Let me know when you plan on coming, maybe I can host a crop for us to get together!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Carolina Girl

Sounds good

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Deanna:

Do you also know that we are trying to get a crop together in Lynchburg? There is no definate date yet, but I think that Oct. is a target month.

New Kid On the Block

You can count me in for the Lynchburg crop. The only weekend I am not available is the weekend of the 8th (I think that is the Sat. of that week...lol), I am hosting a Lillian Vernon party at my house that Sat., but it is a 1 in the afternoon so if it was that evening I can probably still make it. Just let me know when ya'll have a date and such

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

its 6:29 and we must all have diff. schedules. where is everyone?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I know we are busy with swaps and school and kids, but lets start getting the va thread btt

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

angel, are you getting the girls ready for school. rebekah, are you doing your hair, whassup evrybody. shameless aint I

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

Ok, sorry for the english on the last post, definitely old style.
anybody Awakeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

corryn, deanna,kay, where yall at?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

im going to be sitting in dallas for three weeks soon and they have a HUGE SBwarehouse. anybody want to go with me.
hmmmmmmmmmmm???????

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

Kay, how was the beach?
corynn, you have some great swaps
angel, you do too
deanna, i am shamelessly posting.
others have done it but I never have,
its addictive

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

my ds used to think garth brooks song "shameless" was Im shaving, heehee

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

ok everybody, i am going to make coffee and get ready for work,bye

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

oh susan you are tooooo keyed this morning! I don't think you need the coffee!

I hope you have a good day! Oh, and I would love to go to dallas with you. do you think I can fit in a suitcase?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

luvs,you can hide in my sb suitcase i am going to take with me,i have to check it though or they will confiscate my dollar treee scissors. i will have lots of time to sb at night and jamkuhns told me there was a HUGE sb warehouse in dallas that she was willing to make a three hr drive for. arrive early leave broke as heck. i posted and posted and posted and NOBODY would come save me.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

6:29 am, I am in the shower! Leave for work @ 8 so there is no time for the computer in the a.m.!

I post after Erik has gone to bed (usually btwn 9-11) or I do my swaps, etc then, just depends on what kind of day I've had!

BTW, if Luvs hides in your sbing case, where will you stash all of your goodies?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

oh, you know that luvs would be swcuzzing herself up real tight so not to bend the bazzil and the nice pp. I would buy an extra for all the loot we will bring back. you all really ought to drive down and shop with me. I think brian and dwight and the kids would understand. Mommy's addiction treatment.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

Oh my goodness! Susan you are so sweet! You really make me and so much everyday! I hope you have a wonderful time and get to do a lot of scrapping done!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

i bet you my buying bug beats the fool out my scrapping bug every day. i probably should just take some pics and buy the rest of the stuff. oh i love exploring new sbing options.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Oh to be cursed with new sbing options! I wish that I could escape for a few days, but it is not meant to be!

New Kid On the Block

I'm here, kinda...lol. I was in NC on Tues and Weds visiting my parents and we are leaving Friday night for Pinehurst, NC for a big family reunion weekend thingy. On a normal week (if such a thing exists) I am off and on the computer all during the day and then usually after 8 or so at night. I really want to go to Danville and check out the HL but I guess I need money before I go right...lol. I am looking foward to Oct. now because I have so many things I want to try but need ya'lls guidance..lol...I really want to get better at stamping, do we have anyone here that is really good at it?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

My SU rep wanted to come with us I think. will check, she is really good, luvs probably stamps alot. how about it? any veteran stampers?

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

I have tons of stamps and I love it, but I always forget about them. Becky does some stamp and does a wonderful job. maybe we should all bring some of our stamping stuff and try a few things. I need to contact Kay again to see what she was able to find out.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Awww, thanx Angel! I LOVE LOVE LOVE stamping! My collection is moderate,(well, not according to my DH!) but I am constantly finding new ones to add! The section at Michaels is OVERWHELMING, I just want to buy them all!!! And yes, I have paid $20 for one stamp, crazy i know! The one thing to remember is that you have to look past the stamp itself and find new ways to use it and make it versatile. ex. using the stem of one flower stamp to embelly w/some other type of flower, you can even make the flower itself 3D. There are so many ways to use just one stamp!

but i would not say that I am a 'veteran' by any means!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Hey ladies!!

I would LOVE to do some stamping stuff...and if anyone can get a SU rep--I'd be excited

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to Corynn

Not a rep, but would be glad to help if I can!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

I was reading what you said up there Rebekah...about looking past the stamp to see other uses. I think that's something I need to do! I buy stamp sets, and they are adorable...then they sit on the shelf! LOL :/

Gotta work on my stamping techniques...I am on a misson! hehheee.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

I went to a cardmaking class and we did 5 different techniques using stamps.gosh it was fun. we misted some with water.we stamped on and stamped off and we used one color and then multiple colors on the same stamp. the cards were awesome and this would be so easy to adapt to sbing. i am not so into cardmaking cause i hate to give my 'creations' away but the few stamps they used had many different uses,even i was amazed. so i am going to play today doing this. seeya

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Susan- Was that @ Lori's? I've been to her cardmaking classes before...she is why I expanded from sbing to cardmaking!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

yep, she had wonderful cards and we got 10% off anything we bought that day. i loved,loved,loved the classes and the cards turned out gorgeous. i do have cardmaking anxiety but she and the other lady walked us all through it. i bought a snowflake stamp and flower stamps and we did use some glitter that came in a tiny bottle and used it for accents on the tip of the snowflake,girl it was sosoooo professional,artsy looking. i am hooked. if we dont sb we can make cards. my rep would love that. susan

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

I've gotten lots of things from her...although a lot of her stuff is overpriced. Her stamps are gorgeous, I'd like to buy them all!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

You are right but now with gas, i dunno...anyhow have a great day. I have ozzie and gotta get to work. hey luvs ,missing you guys,corynn, lets all wish angie/dglaml and kay a big old hope everybody is feeling better. these va gals have had it ruff. hugs everybody. susan a

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Wher'd everybody go?

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

I'm here...in and out, yanno

We got back from Washington DC this past week. Great Trip! I absolutely love that city...and can't wait to go back. We got to do a ton of really cool stuff with the baby.

I am playing catch up lately, our schedule has been pretty crazy. Hopefully we will be settling down this fall. I need to scrapbook in a major way!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

i is here, i is here, i have a new laptop and cannot get the mail to do right, i am about ready to toss this dell out the door. it will not let me email stuff and i sent a survey 5 times last night. i cant figure it out and does anybody but me hate the keyboard on laptops. you know we all need to get together. i know kay has been sick. is there anywhere else you guys would like to meet up and scrap. i can do it after the 14th of oct. or before the 27th of this month. i dont want us to miss out on meeting each other and scrappin. lets do it. rebekah, come on and put on your best organizational skills. see ya

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Later in October would work for me...I'd be hard pressed to find a date in September.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

that would work well for me too. i dont want to put any more responsibilities on kay, she has been way sick,so i will look for someplace that we can get together in lynchburg and crop. i still know some folks from when my sister lived there for years and years. i am gonna do this. i want some INSPIRATION for some homemade goodies. i keep reading about your swaps corynn and i want to make some goodies and get some goodies. see ya

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Organizatonal skills to the rescue! Actually, Luvs and I were discussing this yesterday. Thinking maybe Michaels would have a room that we could get? Also, my sisters go to Liberty U, maybe they know of a conference room or something that we could use one Sat? We definately need to settle on a date, I know that my DH is going on a business trip the w/e of the 14th so I'm out for that w/e. So far as I know, any other w/e is OK (xcept next w/e) We'll get it together!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

ok, i am in dallas from sept 27 till oct 14 so that weekend i will be just trying to come back to reality. please please please lets do this. susan a

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

ok, i am in dallas from sept 27 till oct 14 so that weekend i will be just trying to come back to reality. please please please lets do this. susan a

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

go bump, bump, bump!

Resident

Hello all Virginian's...I'm Mary from Chesapeake..How is everyone doing..Looks like most are from South VA..Lynchburg, Roanoke etc..Any other Tidewater VA folks here??

Check out this site www.scrapbookinventory.com (great sales)

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to scrapnmaw

Checking in, I'll be away this w/e. Had an idea for our L'Burg swap...what about a croppers challenge? Thats when you give each cropper a list of specific tools/embellies and they have to make a page with only those things. What do you think?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

i am up for that as long as it is very simple. i am psyched about the tag booklet swap rebekah. hope you have a great weekend. susan a

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

that sounds good becky, but what day are you talking about and where?

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Well Luvs, I don't know yet! We really need to get settled on a date if we are going to do this! How about late October? Trying to get a date when Susan will be back.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

rebekah and angel, i willbeback the 14th of october, how about the weekend after that. i think it is the 22nd? We are going to get together and scrap daggonit!!!!!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Hey All!

Well dangit...things are pretty booked up so far for me. The weekend of the 22/23 would work for me though---the week before is nuts, and the last week in October looks scary---in more ways than one! LOL.

Talk to you all soon!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to Corynn

So far as I know the 22nd is OK for me too. Do we want to make that our final answer?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

for me YES, i would love to be able to start making plans. susan a

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Let's do it! Final Answer!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to Corynn

Angel, K, are you guys OK w/the w/e of Oct 22 for get together in L'Burg?

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Anyone heard from Angie (DGLAML) lately? She's in Lynchburg too...

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

i have tried pming her, to offer help but havent heard from her, i know she had a swap going and things were rough at home, her son was sick. I am not sure what happened, i offered to help her but never got any response. I havent heard from kay either for a while. i will try pming her and see what is up for the church room. if not what would you all like to do. i can try and find a conference room for cheap. let me know. susan a

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Aww...that is too bad about Angie, I hope everything is ok with the both of them. Whatever we want to do is fine with me! A conference room sounds good.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

cool, i will confer with the sobo/halifax posse and see whats up with that weekend, i know a definite for angel and rebekah, and me. will call gigi and see if that is ok. seeya. susan

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

I pm'd Angie too, but haven't gotten a response yet. I didn't know that she's been having a rough time...I hope everything comes out alright!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

HELLLLOOOOOOO

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

buuuuummmmmmppppppping upupupupup!!!!!!!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

btt

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Here! Well...kinda

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

howdy yall from dallas texas, we are going to the cheesecake factory for dinner. oh life is rough. see ya. i am up for whatever we decide. thanks susana

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Hey Susan! Had someone you know shadow me today, Lynn Crysman (sp?) She said that she's doing an externship w/ you guys. Very sweet girl, I think she'll be a good nurse.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I love lynn, she is wonderful. she has the best attitude and very helpful. i want to hire her in may. thanks for the info. susan. am still loving dallas. made the cutest round book last night. i am now queen of the inks, thats quinks to the class folks. miss you guys susan

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

LOL @ Quinks!!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn
In response to Corynn

So now that I am thinking about it...are you all interested in shopping? I mentioned it to Susan already, but I have started selling SB goodies through Memoryworks--and other products as well. I have a ton of new stuff.

If yes, LMK...I can start ordering stuff to bring to the crop. Also LMK if you need anything special.

So are we a go for the weekend of the 22nd still?

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to Corynn

So far as I know, 22 is a go. Don't need anything special, but I'm always up for new SB supplies!

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

I love memory works. i will definitely be up for the 22nd. now i know what to bring to a crop. EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved croppin at sbwarehouse but felt like a bag lady without my CIS. see ya. susan a

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

LOL, you should see me Susan. I always bring WAAAAAAAY too much stuff, and I never get anything done---LOL, I am usually jabbering away the whole time...

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

me too, me too. when angie angel and gina and I got together, i just looked and talked. they all laughed at me. no scrapping just looking. yesterday at the store i had no one to talk to and made lots of progress. go figure.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

So how many are up for the 22nd? We need to get the ball rolling, its already the 11th!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Here!! LOL

I know! Do we have a place? What are we doing for food, etc? Let me know what I can do to help!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl
In response to Corynn

I think that we were trying to look @ a rm in Michaels or a church, but nothing was ever confirmed. There is plenty to eat in L'Burg, but no one has really taken on the task of organizing anything.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin
In response to Corynn

I want to gooo, but I can't this time. Maybe when we plan the next adventure! Have fun everyone!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

OH MAN!!! I really want you to make it Angel! Is there another day we could do it do you could come too? I am not sure how together our plans are...but if we had some more time we could prolly get a room and everything.

Susan, Rebekah? What do you guys think??

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

i am thinking whatever. i am so confused with class. i will rework the date and organize this IF we can agree on a date. let me know. sorry for all the unorganization on my part. this texas class has addled my brain. susan

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Oh geez Susan, you have been great! You got us all talking together

Why don't we figure out a date that works for us all? I'll take a look at our calendar and we can go from there.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

thanks corynn, i know we can figure this out. i have been configuring screens,tables,results,legend,cluster results all week and i am literally SICK of this stuff. i will be so happy to set foot in virginny and get back to being a nurse. susan a

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Whatever you guys decide.

luvscrapin
Governor
luvscrapin

HEY! You gals don't change just because of me! Keep the 22nd date if you want.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

bump of the day!!!

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

so whats up for the weekend gals?

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

Anybody home?

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

Hey rebekah, i know it wont be the 22nd for me. help its been an awful week. missing you guys/.susan over my head a.

Carolina Girl
Mayor
Carolina Girl

I think this w/e was a bust for everyone! Guess we'll have to try again! Hope that the rest of the week is better for you!

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Hey Chicas!

I am not gonna be able to make it either I am having some MAJOR pain here...the last couple weeks have been doctors, ER visits, and medication. I am SO bummed.

Let's not give up though
Corynn

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

corynn, i a so sorry you have been sick. do you need your own nurse cause me and beckah and gigi will fix you up girlfriend. better living through medication is what i believe in. susan a

Corynn
Corynn 
Expert
Corynn

Ahh Susan...I WISH you could be my nurse! I really, really need a good one! I am having a hard time with pain in my leg. They aren't sure if it's nerve, disc, or what. I have had to do a slew of different things....and nothing is really working! It's making it hard to do my day to day routine with a busy toddler

Ahh well, I am SO grateful for my online VA buddies

Corynn

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to Corynn

i had severe pain and was told to have surgery, ended up with a great chiropracter who fixed me up and i have been mostly pain free for two yrs. do what the docs tell you too and take care of yourself. does a heating pad to your back help? hugs susan

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

i am going to bekahs su party but before i do...

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

i am going to get shameless and get some more posts and pages to this pitiful va thread. come on and join me

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn

rebekah, angie,angel corynn, and the lady from chesapeake. where are you. hello dglaml and our girl from l/burg, lets get shameless

Page 2 of 84 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics