Our two youngest granddaughters, Helen Grace and Maggie. For this layout I used MME On the Bright Side collection. I made a pattern for hexagon and hand cut each of the hexagons on the page out of different papers from this collection. I adhered them to the white background, leaving a small gap between them and then added some faux stitching in red between all the hexagons. The zig zag strips on the red mat were cut from one of the papers used for the hexagons. Title work was cut with a QK font. I used a technique I've used previously for making faux chipboard letters (cut out 4 or 5 of each letter from white card stock and glue the stacks together with the letters cut from the ppr as the top layer). I made "hexagon" flowers by shrinking my pattern for the hexagon and then putting 6 of them together to form a circle. I cut between each petal and added some white doodling. The hexagon centers of the blooms were hand cut, pop dotted and then coated with glossy accents. I hand cut the flower stems and the leaves are cut with a Spellbinder die. Then I added a little red gingham bow on the bouquet. No journaling on this layout...I just added some random words to the hexagon areas where there was no ppr. Three little banner tags on the bottom attached with three red brads. To get perfect points on the tag on the bottom, I used a square punch and just punched out the end.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!
(The black border was added in photoshop to keep the edges from fading away).