This is Cassie's school portrait for 7th grade (9/2009). On the right are her class picture (6th & 7th grade combined class) and the entire school picture. I printed the names of the kids in her class on vellum and placed it between the photos.
This is an example for my March Four Categories Challenge - Category One ~ Product: Alphas. The challenge is to use letters or numbers from at least 2 different packages. I used 4 in my title work, and I used a fifth to complete the twist, which is to use alphas in an unusual way. I have about 5 packages of this particular font of Thickers from a gift album I made several years ago, and there are no more 'E's or 'A's so I used some of the other left overs to create the border along the bottom.
This is also for the VLB Challenge to do a LO with a number in the title.
I had so much fun with this LO. It's a thrill to be on to middle school and leave the DCWV Grade School Stack behind me. LOL I'm SO sick of that line. For this one, I just used random ledger pp and cork pp and the gingham ribbon to go with the LO I did a while back with her first day of school pics from that year. My embellies are from DCWV Hitting the Books Stack along with some old Karen Foster and Creative Imaginations stickers, which I updated with inking and by popping some of them up with foam tape. The journaling card is from ChicTags, and on it, I wrote her teachers and the subjects she had with them.
Also for the March 5 Ingredients Challenge:
1) Pink - there are pink hearts in the 'School Picture' sticker by the title.
2) Distressed - I distressed the edges of the 'brainy' card, and everything is inked.
3) Texture - ribbon, chipboard and puffy alpha elements.
4) Layer - the photos and papers are all matted and layered, and I layered the embellie cluster.
5) LARGE letters - I have the large '7' as well as the word 'grade' in a large font - the bottom border letters are pretty big as well.
Paper: Paper Pizazz; Paper Studio
Alphas: American Crafts; Making Memories; Creative Memories
Stickers: Karen Foster; Creative Imaginations
Ribbon: Ribbon Boutique
Font: First Grader
vellum; black cs