These cards are for Jan's (Far North's) Watercolor Challenge. As soon as I saw Jan's samples, I thought about that big flower stamp that I bought years ago and never knew what to do with it. Jan, thank you for the challenge.
Jan has posted details and samples on her blog: http://farnorthdesigns.blogspot.com/2013/06/faux-watercolor-color-technique.html
I included scans of my first tries along side of the second tries. I inked the stamps with Distress inks, both directly from the pad and with a dauber. Then I spritzed them with water. I heat dried them as soon as they were stamped.
When I stamped the first of each set, I put the stamp on the paper the way we usually do. Also on the first yellow flower, I used less ink and more water than I did on any of the others. (I only used the dauber to apply the ink.) The second time I stamped each one, I put the stamp, face up, on the table and put the cardstock on stamp. I pressed down all over the paper, and I ended up with a more complete image.
Both Cards: 140-lb. hot--press watercolor paper Distress Inks water
Card #1 4 1/2" x 5 5/8" Cardstock-unknown and Bazzill Distress Inks--Scattered Straw, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge Stamp-Stamp Camp Flame Flower
Card #2 5" x 5 7/8" Cardstock--Stampin' Up! and Bazzill Distress Inks--Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord (The first time I stamped this image, I used Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Seedless Preserves, and Dusty Concord.) Stamp--Stamp Camp Fuchsia