I have had these initials for several months getting them on clearance for $1.00 each and finally had the time to alter them for my Craft Palace. At first, I was planning on using some pretty papers to cover them since they started out black but I didn't have any in my stash in the colors I wanted and I couldn't find any in town. Soooo, I had to start from scratch by using Gesso over all, then I started inking them in with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Broken China and Spun Sugar. To tone the bright colors down, I dabbed on Antique Linen and Spun Sugar Distress paints and spread it out with my fingers. I painted the sides with the Antique Linen also. After drying them I randomly stamped them using Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink. Since I didn't want the stamping too dominant either I toned it down also with the Antique Linen and Spun Sugar distress paints. Lavender, aqua and pink are my favorite colors and should match my curtains perfectly!
Then came the embellishments featuring my handmade flowers, some Renea dragonflies and butterfly. The die cut butterflies I've had in my stash. The purple and aqua laces, little white lace flowers and pearl centers, lavender satin flowers, pearl flowers and pink sprays all came from Pamela Joy's Boutique on FB as well as the butterfly die cut. The pearl droplets were from our friend Laura (Laural's Attic). The pink lace in my flower and the large pearl droplet was from Gone Artsy (now closed). The lace for the white flower and the aqua lace under it was from my stash that I've had for many years.
When I was all done I sprayed them all with Perfect Pearls Pearl spray mist.