Both of the embellishments is my first attempt at using gilding flakes, both are slightly different techniques. The die cut card
1. I placed Sookwang tape on the back side.
2. I sprinkled a small amount of gilding flakes over the card.
3. I used a rough sponge to rub/burnish in the flakes.
The paper mold medallion 1.paint the medallion with white acrylic 2. covered the medallion with glossy accents
3. immediately dip stiff brush into glossy accents (thinned with water if need be) then into the gilding flakes to pick up a small amount
4. pounce and burnish into crevices.
You can cover completely or just a little
The reason it looks like the medallion has a patina – I grabbed a bottle of what I thought was water to thin my glossy accents but it turned out to be lens cleaner. It did not effect the end result other than color so - no harm done! Now that is a non-traditional scrap item!!!