Cheers

Be the first to cheer this project!

Give a Cheer
Give cheer Give a Cheer
Favorite

Ugh! I saw a challenge about creating a scene with moonlight and I did not notice that it was a CAS challenge! I can do CAS if I have to but I like to use lots of paper and embellishments. LoL I tend to go overboard as a matter of fact! But, oh, well. I'm still happy with how this turned out and wanted to share my "CAS" card. LoL I've used an old Stampin' Up stamp set called Home is Where the Haunt is. Interesting story on how I obtained that if you don't mind me carrying on. I have a niece who went to Goodwill and purchased a pallet. When she went through the pallet, she found something like 20 Stampin' Up stamp sets! Some of them were still unmounted and never used! Coincidentally, it was my birthday so she brought them over to me. I thought I hit jackpot! Along with this stamp set, there were about four more I actually did want but could only find them on E-bay and I don't do E-bay. The rest, I passed along to a different niece who also crafts. Awesome, right? I created the background sky after watching a YouTube video by Taffleberry Lane for Lawn Fawn. I think. I'm not 100% positive it's for Lawn Fawn but I watched a couple of videos and she used Lawn Fawn sets and her videos are named like that so I thought she was a designer for them. Anyway, getting off topic. I also used a die from La-La Land Crafts October 2020 kit. It has trees but I only wanted the fence and curve of the landscape so I cut off the trees. After creating the night sky, I stamped a couple of trees and the witch in the sky. I then added the die cut. I stamped a fence directly onto the die cut. I wet embossed the moon with Honey embossing powder and stopped short of having it go smooth because I wanted the rough look because the moon is not smooth! LoL I colored in the windows on the house in yellow for lights and fussy cut the house. I had a mishap with the chimney so I decided to cut that off along with some wrought iron trimming on top. I did not think I could fussy cut around the wrought iron trimming so that was going to go anyway. I then popped it up with foam tape. I used a white gel pen to dot stars onto the night sky. Then I went to town edging the entire thing with Tim Holtz distress ink in Black Soot. I love to do that anyway but I went heavy to create more shadows around the edges. For the sky, I used Tim Holtz oxide distress inks in Wild Honey, Twisted Citron and Black Soot. I also used Tim Holtz distress inks in Barn Door, Faded Jeans and Dusty Concord. I misted the paper with a fine mist and I am always in awe with the change! On the video I watched, she used all oxide inks in different colors and did the same but I don't have many oxide inks and did not have all the colors she had. I improvised. After I colored the background and since I knew not all the inks were oxide, I ran the Black Soot over the entire sky to darken the colors and happy accident! It allowed for the entire sky to develop the water spots! Sorry for carrying on the way I did but I cannot help myself! It's like when I use paper and embellishments. I just don't know when to stop! LoL Thanks for looking! :)


Report
SavedRemovedChanged