A Grandparents Brag Book for me and my husband to share (though I have made him a different one so I can have this one for myself:) I used a Xyron sticker maker adhesive to glue my background papers onto the chipboard base. Anything that was added to those papers is more secure on the layouts now. I used a brayer to add pressure for a strong bond to the background papers and to smooth them out. The cover has two light coats of Modge Podge for sealing and then a coat of clear acrylic spray. The monogram "g" was covered with patterned paper, inked on the edges and attached to the cover with Crafter's Pick - The Ultimate glue; it's there for good! The ribbons were secured onto the layout first and then the layout was covered with the adhesive-backed patterned paper.