This is my lo for a challenge on Scrapjazz
the January BC Challenge-Alphabet Challenge-The Letter K "For this challenge, I want you to use your KITCHEN as an inspiration for a layout. It could be a recipe, a photo of some type of food you make, or you could use a box or label or even a plate as a color inspiration. The catch? You must use KRAFT colored cardstock as the background! Get creative and have FUN. You can so think outside of the box for this!!"
I used pics of my kitchen with dd doing a little cookie making. I used the decor of my kitchen as the inspiration for this lo. As you can see in the pics, my kitchen has a grape themed decor. I used the stenciled grapes as inspiratio for my bunch of grapes and grape vine. I started with the kraft paper background and inked the edges and distressed them. I freehand cut some vines from brown pp and distressed those and adhered them to the age. I used my colluzzle to cut circles from 2 different pp's and then distressed and crumpled each circle and adhered them to the edge of the page in the form of a bunch of grapes. I freehand cut a piece of green pp in the shape of a grape leaf. I distressed the edges and debossed some vein lines in the leaf. Then I used clear UTEE, pink, and gold embossing powders on the leaf. I adhered the leaf with a brad, flower, and ribbon.
I distressed te edges of the pics and adhered them to the page. I used some liquid applique for the white dots around the pics. The "k" is grungeboard, I used Distress Ink on it, then spritzed it with water and dabbed it with a dirty (inky) makeup sponge. I adhered it to the page with 3 mini brads (pale pink), one of which was put through a flower and some ribbong.
I stamped the journaling tag onto some pp and journaled in white pen. I adhered it to the corner of the page, added a heart sticker and another flower with ribbon and brad. I added the other lettering on the page with sticker alphas. I sanded the large ltrs and traced aroudn them with a white pen. I rubbed Distress Ink over the small ltrs at the bottom. Then I stamped the flowers along the bottom with Distress Ink and I used a brown marker to make the stitching lines around the edge of the lo. Since it was a "k" challenge, I used a K as the beginning letters for my title "Kiddie Kooking"