I posted this photo the other day, with details on my forgetful memory and how frustrated I was to have walked off without her birthday present. And that was part of it, but the other part is this ..
We drove into Tulsa because Beth had a day off, Tom had a day off, I had a day off, and Tony (my son-in-law) had a day off. That is SO hard for us to coordinate between our work and activity schedules, so when we can manage it, we like to get together and celebrate, even if it's NOT anybody's birthday.
When it's your birthday, you get to pick the place we eat. Beth chose El Tequila, and it was a fantastic choice. The salsa was spicy hot, the drinks were icy cold, and the food was just this side of heavenly delightful. We had a great visit - always too short - and got our hearts and lives reconnected. The only thing missing was the younger daughter, but she was working, so I guess you can't have everything.
Hubby drove into town the next day to take the forgotten shoes, which fit perfectly and delighted her to no end.
I think this layout looks a little chaotic, kind of like our family schedules, and it FEELS like my family - all flitting around doing their own things without any regard for whatever else is going on around them. We're tied together by blood, but our individual lives are completely our own. Weird how things like that take a life of their own when you begin creating around them.
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
This is for the AGC Weekly Challenge #3 ... The Winter Olympics
Specs were 1. A photo taken during a winter month. 2. A watch, clock, or featured numbers
3. 3-5 patterns on the papers
4. 3-5 matching (teamed) embellishments
5. At least 1 ribbon
6. Title work done using one or more of the colors of the Olympic flag
7. And at least one word from the winter games events must appear on your page.
Here's how I did it. 1. Photo taken in February.
2. A fussy cut clock scrap (and am I glad to get it used and out of my scraps box!)
3. Five patterned papers
4. A set of chipboard butterflies, bumped up with yellow decorative brads
5. A little brown lace hem tape ribbon
6. Title in black and yellow
7. Words "free" and "short" used in journaling.
It was enough to keep me busy all day, but I did it, thanks to some help from the Monthly Sketch Challenge!