First, you don't have to say it. I know I have a paper problem. Just so many awesome colors, patterns, and textures. Show me some distressed map paper and my heart gets beating a little faster! Anyhoo, saw this somewhere on Pinterest, but they also tied ribbon scraps onto the silver metal part of the binder clip, but I just wanted it more simple. Here's what you do:
1. Buy white small round tags, with silver metal rims already attached (in most office supply stores).
2. Buy binder clips (I used small sized ones but not the tiny size).
3. Used my circle punch to punch kraft paper (use circle punches slightly smaller than tags). Adhere to white part of tag then punch a hole with a hole punch. 4. Write color(s) of paper on each tag, that will go into that paper storage container.
5. Before adding tag (& before adding paper into container), add binder clip to edge, then remove the silver metal part of the binder clip on the INSIDE ONLY of the storage container (this will keep papers from snagging).
6. Tie tag onto outside of binder clip (I used thin twine).
7. Add paper into container. 8. I made several extra tags, knowing I will probably have changes (additions!) in the future.
Note: pic is of my cardstock, sorted by color. I also have this same system for patterned paper, also sorted by color.