I thought it might be fun to show a digital "inspiration".
From original photo on left...
1) I... converted it to Sepia and added back some orange to largest sash.
2) added the top of the temple (upper left) from another photo.
3) cut out the sky.
4) created sunburst background from B&W clipart and a textured background paper.
5) added the front view of the Buddha from another photo. Decided to leave it the original color but covered up some bright yellow and made the sash more orange.
6) added text, color from sash. Had to touch up the duplicate letters so they didn't look identical.
7) Got the seal of Ayutthaya from wikki and created an orange distressed version using the title. The round seal is inspired by the "stars" in the original.
8) touched up a few distracting elements in the photo. Guy coming down stairs, pole, etc. Moved some bricks.
final page http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/digital/3669429.html
PS got a similar looking font (in the original) free from the internet it's called 28 days later