Hi everyone. This project is for the Do-Overs Challenge for September.
The Do-Overs Challenge is inspired by the wish we all had as kids. Remember when you were playing a game that wasn't going the way you wanted and you'd yell "DO OVERS!" so you could get another turn and maybe get a better roll of the dice? Welcome to Do-Overs Layouts!
I've grouped my original project with this one so that it's easier to compare the two versions.
As you can tell, I wasn't happy with it almost from the get-go. The yellow flower spray is beautiful, but it doesn't have very good balance. I love the crochet flower, but it just wasn't functioning with the vine. And I finally realized that I was basically unhappy with the whole color scheme - it's just too DARK for the way these photos make me feel. I did love the photos and the basic skeletal design. Once I was sure that I knew exactly WHY I wasn't happy, I was ready to do a rework.
The 30-day Sketch Challenge Sketch #14 had the same basic bones as my old project, but gave me an additional photo opportunity to include. My new layout would look SIMILAR without being exactly the same. I reprinted the photos using different dimensions and cropping them a little tighter.
Photos in hand, off I went to my paper stacks to see what I might be hoarding that I could use to give this project a complete make over. People who know me KNOW that I can't pass up a good polka-dot paper, and this old stack of Cosmo Cricket papers seemed to be the right fit. I think the paper line is called Fleuriste or Vintage Mix or something like that.
The yellow flowers that I hoped to reuse from the original didn't look QUITE right, so I dug through my box of flowers and found the same vine, different color, which was exactly right. But THIS time, I was confident enough in my own ability and I took the floral vine apart so that I could use it in two directions. The big Prima flower is much more layout friendly than the big crocheted one of the original project, plus I've been hoarding it pretty much since I STARTED scrapping - it's from one of the first Prima flower collections I ever bought. They came in a can, titled French Can-Ection.
I used a different stamp, and no bling this time, but I did add some baby's breath. The stickled title got swapped for a paper strip quote. But you know...now that I think about it, a little bit of bling, right down the right side of the pink paper might just be ... (edited : yes, I added the bling. Once I thought it, I couldn't STOP thinking it until I did it.)
Anyway - that's the way Do-Overs works. You're more than welcome to join us in the Challenge Forums and try your own reworking of an old idea that you aren't happy with anymore.