Made for the swap with a Halloween theme. I tried to do the cracked UTEE (ultra thick embossing enamel) technique and had such a difficult time with it. I chalked it up to user error, but after several attempts to get the UTEE to layer and then crack I got too frustrated and had to select the best out of the bunch of cards I had.
I started with a solid color backing card then added strips of different Halloween prints from my scraps. I inked everything once it was assembled.
Then I heavily coated the cards with versa mark ink and went about using the heat tool on the embossing powder - which just made it fly away and very little actually stuck to the card...I was so happy I was doing this in my kitchen otherwise my craft area would have been a complete mess!!
After getting somewhat coverage of the UTEE I put the card in the freezer and let the coating harden; which took about a minute, then took it out and cracked the plastic. I am not pleased with how the enamel looks, or how it cracked - but again, after several attempts I took the best I had to offer.
I topped the cards off with a punched label that I hand lettered and then a glitter pumpkin embellie.