These pictures were taken this past summer by the lake as I was helping my daughter catch minows with a net.
This was the first layout I designed after my winter holidays. I had so many ideas in my head but I guess I was a little rusty after such a long break. It took me so many hours to design it and no matter what I did I wasn't happy with the final outcome. I got so frustrated with it that I took the whole layout appart and re-built it. I originally had it on a dark blue background and I couldn't figure out what wasn't working for me. I finally lifted the whole layout out and transfered it to the light beige background and then I relaxed.
I really think its important for designers to share their good and bad experiences. Showing how it can be so frustrating sometimes to find the right "look" for your project, the one that makes you happy. However when you finally do, it is so rewarding.
Now I really wanted to share what I did with the Blue Fern frame. As you can see, I cut it in half to frame my two photos at the edge of the paper. I roughly painted it in light blue acrylic and then stamped it with white script. Finally I lightly painted it with brown Shimmerz paint in different areas.
Kit Maja Design: Let's Have Some Coffee: TVA FROKNAR
Maja Design: Let's Have Some Coffee: BLOMMOR PA BORDET
Blue Fern: Blue Fern Frame
Prima: Resist Canvas: Swirls
Glitz: Teeny Alphas: Tan