This is a lo I did of dd in her carseat when she was a few weeks old. I decided to go with the pink and yellow color scheme to make it girly and because those colors were in the fabric of her carseat. I started with the dotted background, then used a border punch on yellow cs, misted the paper and curled the edges a little and added the yellow cs to the background pp. I used my scallop scissors to trim around a piece of yellow pp, punched a hole in each scallop, inked the edges and added it on top of the yellow cs. I stitched around the yellow pp. I found the blanket technique on Pinterest and followed it to the blog, found here http://thescrapfarm.blogspot.com/2011/01/inspired-by-and-winning-entry.html and followed her tutorial to create the fringy blanket look. I used a different size square and used my my MS fringe scissors to create the fringe. I also added the stitching to each square.
I triple matted the pic with white, then light pink, then dark pink. I added the pink photo corners, then wrapped the pink/white twine around the pic, because the cameras flash had flashed on the front part of the carseat, but I didn't want to crop that part out, so I thought the twine would separate the pic in two and allow the focus to go to the baby. I added the little chipboard to the twine and tied a bow. I added the pic to the lo, using foam adhesive, because the blanket technique added quite a bit of bulk and I couldn't adhere the pic flatly to the page. I added the flower to the corner of the pic and took a felt flower off a paperclip embellie and used the felt flower for the center of my flower.
I added the tag above the pic using pink heart mini brads.
I used the large chipboard elephant, because her car-seat had elephants and other animals on the fabric. I added the little piknk bow, just because I thought it'd be cute...like a pink elephant isn't cute enough by itself! :) I added dd's name and the date on little strips of pp next to the elephant and added mini pearls. I made the title banner by cutting little doilies in half and added the half circle of pp to each. I added the title with alpha stickers and traced around them with a black pen to help them stand out and added two hearts to create my exclamation mark. I tied the half circles together with string and buttons to create the banner. I added the banner to the page with more foam dots.
March Sewing Challenge; MARCH: Ohhhh Baby!; MARCH: Attention BOYS and GIRLS