This has become a wall hanging; I need to get out some ribbon and attach it to the back. Meanwhile...
I made this using the April Project Kit from Swirlydoos, using just about everything that was included except for a length of lace; I have other plans for thatů
First, I doused the canvas board with Lindy's Flat Fabio in Caribbean Blue and quickly blotted it with a paper towel. After drying it with my heat tool, I took out the Prima stencil and the Art Anthology that came with the kit and applied a thin coat with my palette knife and let that air dry. (Love the results: a beautiful coppery color that lets the canvas texture show through.) I cut one of the Prima papers that came in the main kit to 8" x 10" so that the upper right and lower left corners would fit on the canvas and fussy cut the inner border of the former and the image of the latter. I applied some of the glass bead gel to the butterfly on the right section and to a few of the flowers in the fussy cut image. When this dried, I applied a bead of clear tacky glue to the centers of two of the flowers and sprinkled on some Art C glitter that come in a (way) past kit. Some of the glitter ended up clinging to the bead gel; the results are so pretty! When I went to start assembling my project, I realized that the canvas was too blue and I applied a layer of the Art Anthology Colorations. I still didn't care for the hue, so I added some more of the Lindy's, then more of the Colorations, blotting each layer as I went, until I got what I wanted. As this was drying, I coated both pieces of the Blue Fern gate with EmbossIt and applied Stampendous Embossing Enamel in Aged Ivory and Aged Aqua. When the chippies were cooled, I gave them a quick swipe of the Walnut Stain Distress Ink to tone them down a bit.
Next, I took out a thick piece of corrugated cardboard packaging which I cut into strips and glued to the borders of my canvas in order to raise the paper and created a shadowbox effect. I then fastened one of the flowers that were in the kit and glued my fussy cut photo to one of the petals. I layered two thick pop dots behind her head to further fasten the image down. The flower looked a little bare with the photo on top, so I (shhhhhhh!) snipped a couple of petals from the remaining flower and glued them in. Next, I cut off a bit of the cheesecloth and tucked it beneath the flower and out of the frame before adding the gates. I had take out an old package of Prima roses, but they looked too starkly white, so I applied the Colorations ink with a paint brush. The resulting color is amazing; I am so in love with this stuff!!!!!
I liked words in the upper left corner of the paper and decided to use this as my title. I stripped a piece of the same cardboard that I had used on the frame and coated it with some gesso mixed with the ink that was left from coloring the flowers, glued that down, and attached my "title".