A few days ago, there was a craft fair in Santiago and I found this cute bench to alter. I started from scratch but only have photos since I gave it the first coat of brown paint.
First I applied gesso to the entire piece, then a coat of brown paint . I went with crackled paint but it didn't work (between the brown and blue paint), so I finished with the light blue. You have to let each coat to dry before applying the next one. Then with a sand paper I started to remove some paint and here is the result.
Lots of Prima flowers from past and current collections!!
For detailed photos: http://lizzywurmann.typepad.com/my_weblog/