I have tried using this particular stamp two ways. The first try was to cover the stamp with distress inks and then stamp it onto watercolor paper. I tried several different colors of distress ink applied to several different colors of watercolor paper but with no success. Then I tried applying Versa Mark watermark to the stamp and applying embossing powder and heat drying it. I had much better results with this method but still not acceptable. I will continue to try using different methods until I hit on just the right combination. I think the stamp is a beautiful scene though. I am very new at this and I'm sure that has something to do with my lack of success.