You can spread kindness with your creativity through the Cards for Kindness initiative!
Here's how it works:
- You send your handmade cards (blank inside - with no personal message) to Cards for Kindness by Creative Kindness.
- We organize and distribute the cards to hospitals, crisis centers, cancer foundations, retirement homes, and other organizations.
- The cards are used by nurses, staff members, counselors, and volunteers, who add handwritten messages of encouragement and love and give them to patients, children, and other people in need.
Many of these cards will become cherished treasures that will be kept and preserved for years to come.
Card Themes We Are Currently In Need Of:
Please keep in mind that we are in need of cards suitable for both males and females in the following categories:
- TOP NEED - "Valentine's Day" cards (for children and senior citizens)
- TOP NEED - "Winter" themed cards
- TOP NEED - "Military & Veteran Appreciation" cards
- "Thinking of You" cards for women and men (no need for cards for children at this time)
- "Happy Hello" cards women and men (no need for cards for children at this time)
- Motivational (for children and teens): Ideas for this type of card include sayings such as, "Thanks for being amazing," "I believe in you," "You matter so much," "You are awesome," "You can do it," "You rock," or "You are courageous."
- "Kindness" themed cards
- "Miss You" cards
The following cards are less-needed. Please consider sending us card themes we are currently in need of.
- Birthday (adult cards are not needed)
- Wedding / Anniversary / Baby
- Inspirational/Motivational (for adults)
Cards for Kindness truly appreciates the effort and thoughtfulness you have put into creating cards. As requested by many of our partner organizations, we are unable to send cards that contain personal information such as company or business names, websites, email addresses, and phone numbers. We kindly request that volunteers refrain from any type of personal or business information on the cards that are sent in.
If you would like to personalize your cards by writing or using a stamp, we suggest a simple "Made By" or similar stamp with your first name or initials, which would be a wonderful touch to your card.
Thank you for helping to support our mission of providing beautiful meaningful creation for anyone in need!
Recommended Card Size:
- A2 cards with envelopes (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). Please send cards with coordinating envelopes. We are accepting any card size as long as it has a coordinating envelope included with it.
Minimum Number of Cards:
- 10 cards per box shipped to Cards for Kindness by Creative KindnessPlease Note:- Please consider sending cards in the themes listed above. These are the themes that our partnering organizations are in the most need of.- Cards may have stamped sentiments inside, but we respectfully request no handwritten messages inside the cards so that they may be filled out our partner organizations.- Please do not send store-bought, commercially produced, or recycled/previously used cards.- Though appreciated, we do not accept cash or check contributions of any kind.- At this time, we are only accepting handmade cards. Please do not send handmade bookmarks, albums, bags, gift tags, or other projects.
Creative Kindness Foundation is an Arizona nonprofit corporation (EIN:88-3582253). Any donation or volunteer expenses incurred since June 2022 may qualify as a charitable contribution, which may be eligible for a tax deduction depending on your individual situation. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your personal situation.
We require a minimum of 10 cards per submission in order to streamline the processing and distribution - but you can include cards from any of the approved themes listed above.
Before you send your cards to us, remember to take a photo and share your cards on social media using the hashtags #CardsForKindness, #CreativeKindness and #scrapbookcom to spread the word! You can also tag and follow cardsforkindness_official and creativekindness_official on Instagram!
Please be sure to follow our Creative Kindness Facebook page as well!
Make sure to fill out the form and include it with your shipment of cards to Cards for Kindness by Creative Kindness.
Thank you for creating cards to support our mission to help those in need through handmade creativity! You can learn more about Cards for Kindness here.
Tips For Sending Your Cards
- Make sure all the cards are facing the same way with their coordinating envelopes
- While you can certainly rubberband your stack of cards together, we ask that you don't individually wrap cards or place them in clear plastic sleeves
- Top choices for mailing your cards are small cardboard boxes, bubble mailers, or manila mailing envelopes
- We are huge fans of glitter and confetti, but ask that cards not be made with loose glitter or confetti that can fall off the card. Using glitter pens or glitter markers would be fine
- Don't forget to include your completed submission form so that we can keep track of card submissions and contact you to confirm receipt of your cards