I own this machine, and we can use other dies created for the same purpose. We can also use the back side of regular cut dies for a thicker/wider transferred design, can also use the front of a regular cut die to JUST GET THE CUT LINE AREA transferred with the foil. I spoke with SB with some questions I had a lot of spill over of the foil, I also wanted to know if Couture Creations foils would work. their reply to some of my questions:
1) Couture creations hot foil does work with Spellbinders Glimmer Machine
- Ensure that the foil is "thermal foil" this type of foil is ideal
(We used Spellbinders foil)
2) You are able to foil on card stock but we do not recommend it because of it's thickness nor do we recommend textured paper
3) Spellbinders tutorials and videos will be using Neenah Paper of either 80 or 110 lb
4) Tip: try to get foil around the same size of the plate w/ edges of the foil cut
5) Big shot machine is compatible but you may have to adjust and readjust the sandwich formula due to the tolerance of the machine
The spill is due to the amount of pressure going through the machine. It may be because you are using card stock. Please stay tuned to our YouTube and blog, we will be releasing tips and tutorials soon. That will give a better visual.
Hope this helps!