NOTE: An electronic die cutting machine from Cricut, Silhouette, Brother, or Sizzix is required to use the Etch Quill.
Transform all of your projects when you add gorgeous, etched designs with the Etch Quill Starter Kit by We R Memory Keepers! This amazing tool and coordinating plastic shapes takes your electronic die cutting machine to new levels of brilliance!
Simply insert the Etch Quill into your Cricut, Silhouette, Brother or Sizzix machine, add your plastic piece and get ready for the magic. Create shapes, sentiments, patterns, and more with just a little bit of creativity and etching.
- 1 Etch Quill Pen
- 4 cutting machine adapters (Silhouette, Brother, Cricut, and Sizzix)
- 36 acetate shapes
What machines can you use with your Etch Quill?
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut Explore Air
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Silhouette Cameo 2
- Silhouette Cameo 3
- Sizzix Eclips 2
- Brother ScanNCut Models SDX125, SDX225, SDX125i, SDX125e, SDX125TS, CM350, CM100DM, CM250, CM350H, CM650W, CM350R, CM550DX, CM650WX
Get out your electronic die cutting machine, pick an SVG file, and get ready to add some of the most beautiful etched accents you've ever seen on your projects. The amazing projects you create will forever be etched in your brain!
How to use your Etch Quill pen:
- Select the appropriate adapter (A-Silhouette, B-Brother, C-Cricut, D-Sizzix) for your electronic cutting machine.
- Insert the Etch Quill into the machine carriage and follow your machine's instructions for fastening it. If your machine has blade and pen carriages, use the pen carriage. Ensure the Bevel Quill is fully inserted into the carriage.
- Select a piece of acetate ephemera or plastic sheet; acetate has a protective film on both sides - leave this film on.
- Be sure to place your material on the mat in an area that is clear from the machine's roller wheels/mechanisms.
- Remove the top film from the acetate.
- Follow your machine's individual instructions for using the drawing pen.
- After the pattern is complete, remove your material from the mat and remove the bottom film from the acetate.
Tips and safety reminders for using your Etch Quill:
- Intended to be used with SVG file artwork such as Scrapbook.com's Digital Cut Files or the Foil Quill design drives.
- Works on acetate, acrylic, and thin metal sheets.
- Etching quality may vary depending on your machine's settings and your material. If you're unhappy with the results, adjust the settings and try again.
- High pressure settings are not recommended for using the Etch Quill.
Explore the entire Etch Quill Collection by We R Memory Keepers for additional accessories. You'll be amazed at the amazing embossed results every time you use your Etch Quill.
Number of pieces: 41