This is the best trimmer out there. I have tried so many trimmers and this is by far my fav!!!! It's so easy to use, easy to measure you pp in case you do need to measure and cuts a straight line every time. You have to be sure you paper is flush against the bottom or top though. The older purple one is just as good too if you can find it. It's light, its' portable. It's definately a must have. I have two. One for home, one for travel.
This is a great lightweight and portable trimmer. It's small enough I can just throw it in my bag to take to crops but it can still hold a 12 inch paper and the slide out arm measures up to 15 inches. This is also my everyday paper trimmer at home in my craft room. The blades seem to last a long time. The markings on the base are very helpful for cutting standard sizes. I wo uld definitely recommend this!
I first purchased this cutter because of it's lightweight portablility. I really like the slide out ruler when cutting down 12x12 paper to 8x8. Measuring and cutting is really simple.
The best part is, the blade is hidden so I'm not anxious when my 7 yr old DD uses it to scrap her pages. No chance of losing a finger!!
I got this trimmer because my current (old!) Fiskars trimmer has been discontinued, and so have the blades. I used it one evening & it's going back. I am very disappointed!
- it did cut straight & the paper surface holds the paper in place
- that same paper surface that hold the paper in place makes it almost impossible to slide your paper to the right spot to cut it (you have to pick it up & move it which isn't too great for small pieces of paper)
- the blade came dull & totally shredded my paper! I thought it was a bad blade & was willing to forgive (even though it hadn't been used) & tried the extra blade; it was just as dull.
- the blades were falling out of the ruler that holds them. Did I mention I only used this one evening? For like 2 layouts?
- the wide ruler/blade holder makes it very difficult to hold narrow pieces of paper in place while moving the ruler back down. They slipped & had to be repositioned completely because they wouldn't slide on the rubbery paper base.
Worst trimmer ever!
I craved this trimmer for Christmas because I wanted measurement guides and this is the trimmer for that.
My rating is because the orignal black trimmer was great this one for me the blade tends to pop off a lot in the middle or during a trim.
But Fiskars make great products so its still good in my book!
You must be logged in to comment. Please click here to log in.