Do you have trouble finding a notepad or sticky note when you need one? I know it happens to me constantly, and it can be so frustrating. I have seen many cute Post-it note holders on the web but I have never made one for myself. Instead, I continue to get frustrated looking for sticky notes. Recently I decided to put my own twist on a Post-it note holder and make one for my desk-finally! Let's look at what I created.
- 2" x 2" Post-it Notes
- 3 ½" x 3 ½" acrylic block
- alpha stickers
- buttons or Robin's Nest Dew Drops (2 colors)
- Glossy Accents
- jewels or bling
- Mod Podge with foam brush
- patterned paper
- stamp ink
- Trace the acrylic block onto your patterned paper and cut out.
- Ink the edges.
- Add the word "notes" using alphabet stickers. You can also add a name or any other sentiment.
- With your foam brush and Mod Podge, put a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the front of your patterned paper, going over the alphabet stickers also.
- Carefully place the acrylic block on top of the paper while wet.
- Turn the block over, and use your brayer to get any bubbles out and make the paper adhere well to the acrylic block.
- Put beads of Glossy Accents around three edges of the acrylic block and attach various buttons or Dew Drops. This holder stands up so you do not need to put buttons on the bottom edge of your block.
- Let dry.
- Add some bling or other jewels to the front of your acrylic block making sure you leave room for your Post-it notes.
- To finish, attach the Post-it notes to your block.
- Note: You can add a piece of felt to cover the back of the patterned paper if you would like but it is not necessary.
There are many different ways to make a Post-it note holder. Here are a few variations:
- Use an acrylic frame and even include a photo of your family instead of using the acrylic block.
- Use ribbon or Dew Drops around the edge of the acrylic block instead of buttons.
- Use a large wooden block instead of an acrylic block.
- Use a chipboard coaster.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial. This makes a great gift too and does not take a lot of time to create. Enjoy!