Step-by-Step: Simply Being You
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Georgina Hefferman
One thing I have learned over the years is that a quick way to create eye-catching layouts is to use a combination of papers from the same line. They are usually beautifully co-ordinated and provide a polished finish to any layout. That is exactly what I did for this layout of my niece using the BoBunny Sophie collection.
- BoBunny Sophie Collection Flowers
- BoBunny Sophie I Candy Chipboard layered stickers (Sophie collection)
- BoBunny 12” Sophie Chipboard stickers
- BoBunny Sophie collections papers. Here I have used Sophie Bouquet; Sophie’s Notebook; Sophie Stripe; Sophie Rae – all of which are double-sided.
- American Crafts Slick Writer – Black
- Fiskars Border Punch – Lace
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad (Black Soot)
- E-Z Runner Permanent Adhesive
- BoBunny Brads
- Making Memories eyelet setter
- Thickers Lettering – Black
- Trace around a dinner plate on the Sophie Rae paper. Use this drawn circle as a template and draw freehand scallops around the edge. Cut out the scalloped circle. Ink the edges and adhere to the left-hand side of your page. Make sure it hangs over the edge of your page slightly and then trim off the edge to make it straight.
- Cut a wide strip of Sophie Stripe paper, ink the edges and place horizontally across the page over the top of your scalloped circle.
- Add another strip of paper horizontally across the page slightly below the one you created in step 2.
- Take another strip of paper and use your border punch on it. The Fiskars lace border punch will create two different borders at the same time . Ink around the edges of both border strips. Place the laced border horizontally across the page overlapping the strip of paper you placed in step 2. Use the other border edge to adhere across the top of the same strip.
- Add more paper strips of varying sizes on the right side of the wide strip. They do not need to stretch across the full 12”x12” page. This is a good way to use up any scraps you may have.
- Cut a journaling block from Sophie’s Notebook paper and adhere to the page at an angle.
- Draw a freehand shape onto another color of paper (here I opted for a bracket shape) and place this over the bottom corner of the journaling block .
- Add your photo to the far left-hand side of your layout.
- Frame the bottom of your photo with flowers, attached to your page with brads.
- Take some scrap paper and cut squares for your title. Using a black pen write each letter of your title in capital letters. Draw around the edge to create a border. Ink the edges.
- Add your Thickers lettering for your title and then add on the little letters you created.
- Journal on your page in the journaling block and add a date under the strips of paper.
- Embellish your page with stickers.