Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Nora Noll
I always take a large amount of Christmas photos, get them professionally printed and then never scrap them. It is my goal to scrap all of my holiday photos that I have processed over the years by this Christmas. In order to get a lot of Christmas scrapbook pages done in a short amount of time, I chose simple designs and used some of the fun Snowy Day Collection paper by Crate Paper to complete the pages. Here is one of the Christmas layouts I created, and I will show you how to make it step by step.
- Blizzard from the Crate Paper Snowy Day Collection
- Candy from the Crate Paper Snowy Day Collection
- Bazzill Basics Just the Edge Cardstock Strips-Vanilla
- Paper Shaper Large Corner Rounder
- Bazzill Pink Cardstock
- Zig Writer-Red
- Zig Writer-Black
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Ink
- QuicKutz Mary Jane Alphabet
- October Afternoon Label Stickers
- Slightly trim two 4” x 6” photos. Adhere both photos onto the Candy patterned paper 2” from the top and 2” on the right and left side. There will be a ¼” gutter in between the two photos.
- Trim the vanilla scalloped border into an 8” strip. Ink edges and adhere above photos, leaving a ¼” of the background paper showing between the two.
- Trim the Blizzard patterned paper into an 8” by 3 ½” piece. Using the corner rounder, round the bottom two corners. Ink with the Walnut Stain. Adhere below the photos, leaving a ¼” gutter between the two.
- Cut out the Christmas tree from the Blizzard paper. Adhere to the layout as shown.
- Using the Sizzix Big Shot, cut out your title from pink Bazzill cardstock and adhere to the layout. Using the red pen, draw stitching around the edge of each letter.
- Adhere a label sticker to the bottom left corner of the Blizzard patterned paper, ½” from the edge. Write in the journaling using the black pen. Your layout is now complete.
The next time you have a lot of holiday photos that need to be scrapped, just remember to use simple designs and fun paper and you will get that Christmas scrapbooking done in no time!!