PR: Prima Stencils Mask Set - Mini Motifs
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Andrea Steed
Product Name: Prima Stencils Mask Set - Mini Motifs
This mask set includes five plastic stencil masks, all joined together with a brad-like (but not removable) hinge to keep them together. The stencils are about 3" x 3" in size and made from durable plastic so that they can be reused over and over again. The five designs include a bird, a scalloped circle frame, a damask flourish, a scalloped square frame and a pumpkin and vine design.
At less than five dollars, this reusable design tool is a steal.
I was excited about these Prima mini masks because they are the perfect size for layout and card accents or journaling boxes. They can be used with so many different media, such as paint, shimmer sprays, chalk, pens, or ink, thereby giving them infinite design possibilities.
The 1/2" solid border at the bottom of each stencil is helpful to hold the design still while you use it, as well as to line up the design so that it is straight on your project. The plastic material is easy to wipe clean with a wet paper towel. Storage is simple, as they lay flat and can be put into nearly any type of storage container (folder, drawer, box, or even tacked to a bulletin board).
I have only two complaints about these stencils. First, the hinged design, though a great way to keep the five stencils together, can get in the way when you're trying to use just one stencil. My second complaint is that the scalloped square design is missing the bottom scalloping because of the "handle" section of the stencil. Perhaps that one could have been designed more as a diamond shape, allowing all four sides of the scalloped square to be scalloped.
Otherwise, I think these are a really fun stencil set (at a great price) that can be used in so many ways!
Tips & Techniques:
- Use a paint dauber to stencil with paint or ink.
- Use a clear glitter spray to create a subtle design on cardstock.
- Outline the design with pens and use a frame as a journaling box.
- Apply chalk over the stencil with a cotton ball to leave a shadowed design on cardstock.
- Create a border by stenciling a repeated design with ink or paint.
Project Ideas & Examples:
The designs in this set are really versatile and great for all kinds of projects. I've already used them for a scrapbook page, several cards and a home decor project:
- Layout: Four -- using chalk and pens with the bird stencil on patterned paper
- Card: Happy Birthday - using the damask stencil with shimmer spray on cardstock
- Card: Happy Birthday - using chalk and pen with the scalloped square stencil on patterned paper
- Home Decor: Boo - using spray paint with the pumpkin and vines stencil
See more layouts and projects using the Prima Stencils Mask Set - Mini Motifs.