This article appears courtesy of Scrapjazz.com, our sister website.
Please note: The in-text links will redirect you to our sister website, Scrapjazz.com.
I captured what I thought was a great picture of my daughter last summer. I thought the colors of her hair, her suit, her crazy goggles and the noodle she was holding made for a cool picture. I thought the papers and embellishments from BasicGrey's Gypsy line would make a perfect companion. Here's what I used and how I made the layout.
- Bazzill White Cardstock and Scalloped Cardstock
- Bo Bunny Polka Dot Paper
- BasicGrey Gypsy Papers
- BasicGrey Gypsy Ribbons
- BasicGrey Gypsy Mini Monograms
- Fancy Pants Rub-ons
- Junkitz Rounderz
- Colorbox Chalk Inks
- Heidi Swapp Decorative Designer Photo Corner
- American Crafts Precision Pen
- I used a piece of scalloped Bazzill cardstock as my template. I traced the scallops onto the back of the Bo Bunny paper which I then cut out. I inked the edges before adhering to the white cardstock, and inked the edges of the white cardstock as well.
- Next I cut a 7 ½" by 8" piece from the green floral paper. I inked the edges and glued that down. I added the picture which is a 5" by 7" size.
- I cut a strip of paper from the large flower paper. I trimmed out the flowers on both sides for added detail. Before adhering it I added the orange ribbon and a 1/2" strip from the striped paper.
- Using Junkitz Rounderz I threaded the green ribbon through and across the paper. I then added the floral strip I cut out.
- I added the striped ribbon laced through another Junkitz Rounderz on the right side of the paper.
- I used the Fancy Pants Rub-ons on the corner of the green paper and along the edge of the photo. I inked the photo corner and placed it on the top left corner of the green paper. I added letters to spell out "cool" for the title.
- I cut out additional flowers from the paper. I hand sewed buttons onto the flowers and scattered them all over the page.
Get the products for your projects at the Scrapjazz Megastore.