Scrapbook.com Privacy Principles
- We take your privacy seriously.
- We treat your information like we'd want ours treated - by taking active steps to keep it safe and secure.
- We do not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
Depending on your country of residence, you may have rights of access, rectification, opposition, erasure, and right to restriction of processing of your personal data. You may make requests or objections verbally or in writing. You may direct written requests or objections to SCRAPBOOK at address 1495 E Baseline Rd. Suite 102, Gilbert AZ, 85233.
PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT SCRAPBOOK USERS
As a User, we collect information relating to you and your use of our Services from a variety of sources:
Information we collect directly from you, the User
- Registration information: Information you provide to us when you create an account, including your name and email address.
- “My Account” settings: You can view and edit various preferences and personal details at your “My Account” settings. For example, your birthdate, city, hobbies, or occupation.
- User-generated content: We store forum posts, gallery uploads, product reviews, article comments, question and answer posts, and any other form of information or media you post or upload to Website or related Applications.
- Order information: We store information about your shipping and billing addresses, your phone number, your email address, and items you order, when you place an order.
- Other data you want to share: We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you participate in a survey, provide a testimonial, or participate in a contest with SCRAPBOOK.
Information we collect about you, the User, indirectly or passively when interacting with us
- Usage data: SCRAPBOOK collects usage data about Users whenever they interact with our services, including information they have elected to make publicly available.
- Device and application data: SCRAPBOOK collects data from the device and application the User uses to access our services, such as the IP address and browser type. We may also infer the geographic location based on the User IP address.
- Referral data: if the User arrives at Website or Application or Services from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred the User to us.
- Information from third parties: SCRAPBOOK may collect User’s personal information or data from third parties if the User gives permission to those third parties to share such information with others or the data is extracted from publicly accessible sources. For example, SCRAPBOOK may collect minimal service data from select third-parties, provided that User has given prior permission to those third parties to share such information with other parties or it comes from publicly accessible sources like social media profiles. Enriching data allows us to provide personalized content.
PURPOSES AND LEGITIMATE BASIS OF THE USE AND SHARING INFORMATION
- Providing you the services we offer on the Website or related Applications; communicating with you about your use of the Website or related Applications; responding to your questions; providing troubleshooting; and for other various customer service purposes.
- Personalizing the content and information that we may display or send to you on the Website or related Applications or in other communications; suggesting products or content or offerings; customizing instructions; and otherwise personalizing your experiences while using the Website or related Applications or Services.
- To display interest-based marketing to you in the Website or related Applications; improving our marketing and measurement systems so we can show you more relevant content and offerings; and measuring the effectiveness and reach of marketing, the Website, related Applications, and Services.
- Sending you newsletters, special offers, and promotions; contacting you about products or information we think may interest you; providing you with information about third party products and services we believe may be of relevance to you.
- Gathering metrics to better understand how Users access and use the Website or related Applications; improving the Website or related Applications or Services; and developing new products and services we believe will be of value to Users.
- Complying with legal obligations and administering our general business operations.
We may internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (technical and metadata) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our Services and Website or related Applications, in order to improve and optimize our performance of such Services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our Services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features.
We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure, operational, and optimized, such as testing purposes, troubleshooting, to prevent abusive activity (i.e. fraud, spam, phishing activities), and for service improvement, research and development purposes.
If you connect your SCRAPBOOK Account with your account on a Social Media or third party platform, we may use the information that you make available through the applicable Social Media or third party platform and that the applicable Social Media or third party platform has made available to SCRAPBOOK, in accordance with the privacy or other settings that are applicable to your Social Media or third party platform account.
We send Users information, marketing, tips, classes, inspiration, corporate communications, and other content and media by any means, including email and text messages, browser push notifications, and similar means of electronic communication as part of providing relevant content and information we believe helps you to use our Services and Website or related Applications effectively. In order to customize such information and commercial communications, SCRAPBOOK may use statistical techniques and other means that allow the creation of user profiles, messaging groups, and data segmentation.
We do not sell or rent your SCRAPBOOK data to third parties. We share your information with third party service providers who help us to provide our Services to you, in which case those third parties are required to comply with governing privacy requirements and any other relevant measures.
Additional sharing may occur as follows:
- With third-party service providers who use this information to perform services for us, such as payment processors, hosting providers, auditors, advisors, consultants, customer service and support providers, as well as those who assist us in providing marketing.
- With parties in which a business transfer may or will occur, including as part of any merger or sale, transfer of SCRAPBOOK assets, restructuring of the company or any part of it, acquisition of the company, bankruptcy, or similar event. These parties may receive disclosures or transfers that include personal information.
- With parties and entities that are legally entitled to such information in the performance of their duties.
- With the public. Your public User-generated content and Website or related Applications activity, which may include your username, profile picture, profile information, gallery uploads, forum posts, reviews, and other information associated with your profile and use of the Services maybe be available to other users of SCRAPBOOK Services and Website may be viewed publicly. Public viewing may include non-registered visitors. User-generated content may be indexed by search engines.
- We may share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties for analytics, research, marketing, and other purposes, provided the information does not permit the identification of a particular individual.
- In situations where we believe it necessary to respond to claims asserted against us, to comply with legal processes (for example, subpoenas or warrants), to enforce our agreements and terms and to administer them, to prevent fraud, to assess risk, to investigate, and to otherwise protect the rights, safety, or property of SCRAPBOOK, its Users of the Website or related Applications or Services, or others.
SCRAPBOOK is based in the United States of America. It complies with the GDPR framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. If you do not want your information transferred to or processed or stored in the United States or any other jurisdiction, you should not use the Service.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us and we implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of this data. Please be aware that no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We strongly urge you to help keep your personal information safe by choosing a strong password and keeping it private, logging out of your user account when you are no longer using the Website or related Applications, and closing your web browser when you are finished browsing the Website or related Applications, especially when using a shared or unsecured device. Please take any other measure you can to keep your information safe.
Some of the security measures we have taken to protect your information include: password protected directories and databases, Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt your information when it is transmitted across the Internet, and PCI Scanning to actively defend our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
Credit card information is transmitted via Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database where it is intended to be accessible only by those authorized with special access rights to such systems. Your credit card number is not stored on SCRAPBOOK servers.
SCRAPBOOK’s use of your data for the purposes described above is based on the following legitimate Interest:
If you are a User of the Website or related Applications or Services, have created a User account, have subscribed or otherwise signed up for our email communications, or have made a purchase from Scrapbook.com, we are entitled to use your data in order to fulfill our obligations with you and the purposes of Services. We have a legitimate interest to use your data in order to maintain the relationship between you and SCRAPBOOK. If you have granted consent or have made a purchase from SCRAPBOOK, we are entitled by law to use your data for direct marketing purposes and send you commercial communications related to SCRAPBOOK products or services which are similar to the Services. Data privacy legislation recognizes direct marketing to clients as a legitimate interest of use of personal data, and legislation expressly allows SCRAPBOOK to send you commercial communications by electronic means, provided that they are related with products or services which are similar to the Services. In any case, you are entitled to ask us, now or at any moment, not to send you any commercial communications. If you do not wish to receive marketing email communications, you may click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email communications you receive; if you created a User account, you may also change the communication preferences in your account settings page. Additionally, commercial communications you currently receive from us and might receive in the future include an easy and free-of-charge way for you to ask us not to receive further commercial communications, usually in the form of an “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of these communications.
COOKIES, PIXELS AND TRACKING
A cookie is a small text file containing letters and numbers that the website you visit transfers to your computer for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow your activity throughout the SCRAPBOOK Service and that information helps us to understand your preferences and improve your experience.
Pixels, clear GIFs, and web beacons are tiny graphics, functionally similar to cookies, which track the online activity of Website or related Applications Users and assist with content personalization. For example, we use these in our emails to record when messages have been opened or forwarded to others. This tracking helps us measure the desirability and effectiveness of our email communications.
We may use internal and third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. These analytics companies may combine the information we collect with other information they have collected in other venues. Their collection and use of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
CANCELING YOUR ACCOUNT, OPTING OUT OF EMAIL, AND MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may cancel your account and you may opt out of receiving marketing emails from SCRAPBOOK at any time by changing the settings in your account settings page. Deleting your account may cause data in the account to be permanently deleted from our systems and will disable your access to any other Services that require a SCRAPBOOK account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law) or in which the data in question was uploaded by you to Website, or posted by you to Website, and may be deleted by you from your account profile or settings, including posts, images, reviews, comments, or any other item which you posted or uploaded to the Website or related Applications or shared publicly or privately through SCRAPBOOK’s Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you are a resident of a country belonging to the European Union, or any other jurisdiction which requires it, you may delete your account at any time or request that we delete your account and data at any time. Such deletion will potentially result in the aforementioned data loss.
You may modify your personal information by logging in and visiting your settings at your “My Account” page and following the instructions provided. If you are a resident of a country belonging to the European Union, or any other jurisdiction which requires it, you may request that we modify your personal information by opening a support ticket at https://www.scrapbook.com/contact.
All requests to SCRAPBOOK to delete or modify data must be made in the English language and requestors must provide reasonable proof of identity.
We encourage you to update your personal information promptly when it changes. Information concerning your past behavior with the Service may be retained by SCRAPBOOK as long as necessary for the purposes set out below.
When you make a purchase from SCRAPBOOK a bilateral contract is formed between you and SCRAPBOOK. Local, state, federal, and international law, including tax law and regulatory law, govern these transactions. Your personal data will be retained in association with this purchase if there is any legal requirement to do so in order for SCRAPBOOK to be responsive to any investigation or audit that governing entities might initiate.
RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We retain information for SCRAPBOOK Accounts as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce the SCRAPBOOK Terms of Service, or take other actions permitted by law.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we include outbound links to third party websites on our Website or related Applications. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. The operators of these websites bear responsibility and liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we welcome any feedback about these sites.
- Federal Trade Commision Fair
- California Online Privacy Protection Act
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
- Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL)
- CANSPAM Act
- Privacy Alliance
- Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act
HOW TO CONTACT US
Attn: Technology Department
1495 E Baseline Rd.
Gilber, AZ 85233
We may be reached by phone at (800) 727-2726.