Summertime has to be one of the most beloved seasons. With so many things in full bloom, our world is bathed in color. My favorite thing from the summer months is the bright light and warmth from the sun's rays.
When I looked at this photo of my daughter and niece, these are the things that came to mind. Though the photo itself didn't represent them, I was able to create the mood by choosing papers and embellishments that gave a sense of this season that I love so much. Here is how I did it.
- Bazzill cardstock
- Three Bugs in A Rug kit - Summer
- Making Memories brads
- Sakura Micron Pen
- EK Success Cutter Bee Scissors
- Making Memories Paper Piercer
- Heidi Swapp colored pencils
- Paper Shapers 1 3/8" circle punch
- Glue Dots - Pop Dots
- May Arts ribbon
- Trim Summer Sun paper to 8.5" x 11". Freehand cut one additional sun shape from the remaining piece of paper using Cutter Bee scissors.
- Crop and mount a photo on a piece of 4 7/8" x 8 1/4" white cardstock. Align cardstock with the top edge of the patterned paper, 1 1/4" in from the right edge, and glue in place.
- Cut a 10" piece of ribbon and glue it down vertically across the right side of the photo block, overlapping the photo. Attach the bottom edge of the ribbon with a mini brad and fold the top length over to the back side of the layout and adhere.
- Punch out letters from the alphabet sheet (included in the kit) to spell out the word "buds", leaving the white centers of the letters ‘B' and ‘D' intact.
- Tear a piece of blue cardstock to approximately 1 ½" x 6 ½". Glue it across the photo block about 2" down from the top edge. Then adhere the title letters onto the blue paper. Using a paper piercer, poke through all the layers of the letter ‘B' in the upper left and attach a mini brad.
- Punch a 1 3/8" circle from white cardstock; glue the circle to the left of the photo about 3/4" in from the left edge of the layout.
- Peel the "I Love Summer" sticker from the cardstock sticker sheet (also included with the kit) and place it on the lower left corner of the photograph, overlapping the punched circle from step 6.
- Using the paper piercer again, poke a hole through the white circle layer and attach a flower brad.
- Peel the "100% Sunshine" sticker from the sticker sheet and place it above the letter ‘S' on the right side of the layout.
- Use your own handwriting and the Sakura pen to complete the title, caption and date. Then use the pen to add penwork lines around the outside edge of the photo block and layout, if desired.
- Attach the cut-out sun shape (from step 1) to the left side of the photo block beside the title using a pop dot to give it dimension.