When I create a scrapbook page, I usually choose the photos first and pick my papers to match the colors in the photos. Other times, I fall in love with patterned papers and then will put them away for either future use or comb through my photos immediately to find a matching photo. The American Crafts Christmas Collection papers, especially Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Bells Ring, were must-have purchases for me. I loved the silver shine and I knew I had the perfect photos of my daughter playing in the snow to create a winter page. Here is how I designed this page step by step.
- American Crafts-Christmas Collection 12 x 12 Paper-The Weather Outside
- American Crafts-The Christmas Collection 12 x 12 Paper-Sleigh Bells Ring Patterned Paper
- American Crafts-Christmas Collection 12 x 12 Paper-Button Nose Patterned Paper
- American Crafts Foam Thickers-Daiquiri Black
- Imaginisce-Snowy Jo Winter Christmas Collection-Snowflowers
- Imaginisce-Snowy Jo Winter Christmas-12mm Glitter Brads
- Imaginisce-Snowy Jo Winter Christmas Collection-5mm Glitter Brads
- Fiskars - Border Punch - Threading Water
- ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink - Cat's Eye Stylus Set -Charcoal ink
- American Crafts Slick Writer - Black (Fine Point)
- Bazzill Basics - Bulk Cardstock Pack - 25 Sheets - 12x12 - Fussy
- Studio G Journaling Stamp
- K & Company adhesive rhinestones from the Smitten Collection
Crop the Button Nose patterned paper into a 2" by 8" strip. Then punch one of the 8" sides with the Fiskars Punch. Adhere the strip silver side up to the background paper (The Weather Outside) 1" from the left and 2" from the top of the paper.
Adhere two 4" by 6" photos onto the bottom ½" of the silver strip.
Crop the pink cardstock into a 1" by 8" strip. Tear the strip down the middle. Adhere it directly above the photos.
Crop the Sleigh Bells Ring paper into a 2" by 8" strip. Adhere directly below the two photos.
Take the other half of the torn pink paper and adhere it directly below the photos. It will cover up ½" of the Sleigh Bells Ring paper.
Adhere a large snowflake and brad to the top left corner of the photo block. Adhere a rhinestone swirl so that it is overlapping the photo. Adhere the smaller snowflake and brad ¾" from the bottom of the right photo. Adhere the rhinestone flourish. Then stamp the journal blocks, cut them out and used the Slick Writer to write what you wanted to say. Adhere so that the journal blocks overlap both the photo and the background paper.
Adhere the title to the Sleigh Bells Ring paper at the bottom. Instead of using an "o" in snow, use a third snowflake and brad.
I hope this layout inspires you to get out your favorite winter photos to scrap!