Earlier this year marked the first anniversary of the passing of my dear friend, Tracy. Her life ended tragically and much too soon. Though time has worn away the initial shock, the ache that I feel in my heart remains ever present. There is not a day that goes by when I don't think of her. I miss her so much.
To honor my friend's life and her memory, I created this layout to hang in my scrapbook room. It brightens my day to see her beautiful smile. It helps me to remember the good times that we shared. Most importantly, it reminds me that life is fragile and to treasure each moment that I get to spend with others. These are things that should never be taken for granted.
This is how I created my layout.
- Bazzill cardstock: Kraft and Inspirations Cardstock Pack
- Jenni Bowlin patterned papers: Black Bookprint, Black Star Dot, and Red Houndstooth
- Jenni Bowlin alphabet stickers
- American Craft Remarks stickers
- Heidi Swapp chipboard heart
- Making Memories assorted brads
- Sakura pens
- BasicGrey sanding tool
- Glue Dots
- Using the ruler and a black pen, draw a line at 1/4" from the edges of the kraft cardstock.
- Trim the photograph to 4" x 5" and distress/sand the edges with a precision file.
- Cut a piece of the Houndstooth patterned paper to 1 ½" by 8 ½". Glue it 4 1/4" down from the top of the layout. Cut a coordinating striped piece of paper to 3/4" x 8 ½" and adhere it just below the previous strip. Cut a 1/4" narrow piece of the Black Star paper and glue it over the seam.
- Glue a piece of 6 ½" x 8 1/4" lined paper over the top. Add a photo 2 3/4" down from the top edge. Use a scallop punch on one edge of a white piece of cardstock and trim it to ½" by 4". Lightly tack this piece right below the photograph and sew it in place.
- Place a 3/4" by 2" scrap piece of cardstock inside the label holder and attach it with brads to the left side of the lined patterned paper.
- Spell the word "always" with the red outlined alphabet stickers on the layout, following the lined paper for placement. Attach a piece of Bookprint paper just below the word. Next, use the American Crafts Remarks alphabet stickers to add the words "in" and "my" to the layout.
- Attach the chipboard heart using Glue Dots.
- Use a black pen to write sentiments inside the label holder and above the photo.