Since I seem to have a difficult time scrapbooking school pages, I have only a few school-themed stickers but no themed papers in my scrap supplies. I challenged myself to use the supplies I have to create a school-themed page. I chose to use papers by BasicGrey as my foundation because the colors fit my photos. Here is how I created this themed page step-by-step.
- BasicGrey Marrakech Papers( Sancha, Vanilla Chai, Palace Blue and Mandarin Slice)
- BasicGrey Vanilla Bean Paper from the Granola Collection
- Pink Paislee Spiral Sticker Book
- Making Memories Tiny Alphabet Stickers-White and Black
- Jenni Bowlin Studio Label Stickers-Black
- Raven Bazzill Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink-Vintage Photo
- Scenic Route Save the Date Chipboard Circles[K1]
- Spellbinders Nestabilities-Large Classic Scalloped Rectangle
- Spellbinders Nestabilities-Large Classic Rectangles
- Provo Craft Cuttlebug Die Cut Machine
- Creative Imaginations Cream Labels
- American Crafts-Slick Writer-Black
- Cuttlebug Nesting Star Die
- Jenni Bowlin Studio Chalkboard Alphabet-Black
- Crop the Vanilla Chai Patterned Paper into a 10" by 10" square. Ink with Vintage Photo ink and adhere to the middle of the Sancha paper so that you see about 2" of the background around each side.
- Crop the Palace Blue Patterned Paper into a 9" by 9" square. Ink the edges. Adhere to the middle of the Vanilla Chai Paper. You will be able to see about ½" of the Vanilla Chai paper around each side.
- Crop the Vanilla Bean Patterned Paper into two 4 ½" by 6 ½" pieces. Ink the edges. Adhere photos onto the patterned paper. Adhere both photos to the Palace Blue Paper, tilting the left photo to the left and the right photo to the right. The left photo will be slightly above the right photo. The right photo will be overlapping the right edge of the left photo[K2] , as shown.
- Die-cut a scalloped rectangle from the Vanilla Bean paper. Set aside.
- Die-cut a rectangle from the Mandarin Slice Patterned Paper. Ink the edges and write your journaling. Adhere to the middle of the Vanilla Bean scalloped rectangle. Adhere the journal block below the left photo so that it slightly overlaps the bottom left of the picture. It will be tilted so that it lines up with the angle of the left photo.
- Using the black paper, die-cut a nesting star. Adhere the largest star under the top edge of the journaling block as shown.
- Adhere the chalkboard stickers along the bottom edge of the right photo.
- Adhere a chipboard circle to the bottom right of the right photo. It will overlap the chalkboard stickers and the photo.
- Adhere the small nesting star to the bottom right of the Vanilla Chai paper.
- Adhere the cream label circle to the top right corner of the left photo.
- Adhere the Jenni Bowlin label sticker. Tilt so that it lines up with the angle of the right photo. Tuck the top left edge of the label underneath the circle label.
- Adhere the small star to the bottom right corner of the label sticker.
- Using the alphabet stickers, adhere your title.
You don't need themed papers to create a school page. Get creative and use the supplies that you already have on hand!