Buttons, Buttons, Buttons
Do you embellish most of your creations with buttons, or have you forgotten about this easy, cute embellishment? Buttons are so fun, easy to use, and available in many sizes, shapes, and colors. And they can literally be used on everything-layouts, cards, tags, altered art, ATCs, etc. This article will just touch on some of the ways to use buttons but you know that the possibilities are endless! Let's look at some fun ways to use buttons.
How to Use Buttons on Your Creations
There are endless ways to use buttons. Here are just a few fun, easy ways to use them:
- Use them instead of brads.
- Put them in the center of flowers.
- Use them for the eyes on stamped images.
- Use them as an accent on top of chipboard.
- Place them sporadically around your creation.
- Use them on tags.
- Embellish the corner of a photo with several buttons.
- Create a border on a card or layout.
- Layer smaller buttons on top of larger buttons.
- Use them as a fun accent anywhere!
Adhesives to Use
There are two main adhesives I use for adhering buttons:
If you haven't tried either of these, I highly recommend them!
Filling the Button Holes
Now on to those buttonholes. How do you fill them? There are several things to do with the buttonholes! You can:
- Thread DMC floss or hemp through the holes.
- Tie ribbon through the holes.
- Add Stickles to the holes.
- Use Karen Fosters Scrappers Floss.
- Leave them open.
- Use your imagination!
Here are a few examples of buttons used on some creations, which also show different ways to fill the buttonholes.
This picture shows a button on top of a piece of chipboard and hemp is tied through the holes.
Here is a tag with a button used on a flower and ribbon tied through the holes. Then another button is used as an accent on the stamped watering can.
Here is a layout using buttons as a border. The buttonholes are left open.
I hope you are encouraged to use those buttons on all of your creations. But be careful; they are definitely addicting!