Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Denise Gormish
Are you tired of all the character-based Valentine's cards? Do you want to do something more creative but easy? Then, open Photoshop and create a digital Valentine's card. For Valentine's Day I created an easy and unique Valentine's card for my daughter that had her classmates excited.
Here's how to make this easy Valentine's card using a digital template.
- Open Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Elements.
- Open a pre-made valentine template such as this one that I purchased from DesignerDigitals.
- Open a photograph and drag it on to the same window as the template.
- Move the photograph layer under the valentine layer. It will appear underneath the card template now.
- Resize the photograph to fill in the window of the valentine template.
- Merge or flatten the image layers so it is all one layer.
- To create multiple valentines, open a new 8 ½" x 11" document. Drag your new Valentine's card to the top of the document. Copy it several times for multiple copies of the card on one sheet of paper.
Print out the page and cut them from the paper. Now you have your own Valentine's Day cards.
If you don't want to purchase a digital template, you can create your own Valentine's card with images and supplies that you already own. Open a new document 2 ½" x 4" and 300dpi. Create your design, and then add a photograph and text.
Share your unique and personal Valentine's cards with family and friends.
Digital Supplies from DesignerDigitals:
Katie Pertiet - 3 in 1 Valentines Cards No. 01