Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Nora Noll
Looking back on my photos of my daughter, I realize the number of pictures I have of her laughing. Now that she is older, she rarely giggles like she used to when she was younger. I knew that I had to document those lost moments. Here is how I created this layout step by step.
- Bazzill Basics Kraft Cardstock
- Bo Bunny Tis the Season Paper
- Cosmo Cricket Paper from the Early Bird Collection 6x6 Paper Pad-Leaf Pattern
- Cosmo Cricket Paper from the Girl Friday Collection (Sunday)
- Cosmo Cricket Paper from the Girl Friday Collection (Tuesday)
- American Crafts Vinyl Thicker-Poolside (Cricket)
- American Crafts Vinyl Thickers-Poolside (Powder)
- Making Memories Tiny Alphabet Stickers (Teal Ledger)
- Prima Lime Green Flowers
- Prima Bling Flower Centers
- Prima Pearls and Crystal Bling from the E Line Collection (Assortment 15)
- Bazzill Scalloped Border from the Just The Edge Collection (Atlantic)
- Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly Punch
- Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly 3 in 1 Punch
- EK Success Circle Cutter
- Tim Holtz for Ranger Industries Walnut Stain Ink
- Mono Adhesive Dot Roller
- Jillibean Soup Journaling Sprout Squares (green)
- blue button
- Using walnut stain, ink around the edges of the kraft cardstock.
- Using your circle cutter, cut one 4" circle from Tuesday patterned paper , one 4" circle from Sunday patterned paper and one 4" circle from leaf patterned paper. Ink the edges of each circle. Adhere the three circles 2" from the bottom of the kraft cardstock. The circles will not overlap each other and 1/8" of cardstock should be showing on the left and right sides of the page.
- Ink the Bazzill Atlantic Scalloped Border with walnut stain. Adhere over the circles, 3 ¼" from the bottom of the page.
- Crop the blue side of the Bo Bunny Tis the Season patterned paper into a 3 ¾" square. Ink the edges. Crop your photo into a 3 ½" square and adhere to the photo mat. Adhere the matted photo to the layout 1" from the right, tilting the photo to the left.
- Ink the edges of the journal square. Adhere 3" from the left and 1" from the bottom of the page. Complete your journaling with the ledger stickers.
- Adhere the title above the journal square using the blue and green vinyl stickers.
- Adhere the three lime flowers as shown. Adhere the Prima flower center, bling and the blue button, one in the center of each flowers.
- Punch a butterfly using the Classic Butterfly Punch and cut a freehand cloud from Tuesday paper. Ink the edges of both. Adhere the butterfly (blue side up) to the page so that it overlaps the left edge of the lower left flower. Adhere the cloud (blue side up) 2" from the top and from the right of the page.
- Punch assorted butterflies from the patterned papers using the 3 in 1 Classic Butterfly punch. Adhere to the page as shown. You are done!!
I hope that next time you notice a quality that your child has outgrown that you scrap the lost moment.