Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Patter Cross
Oh, I just love this color combination-so yummy. It reminds me a bit of spring. For this color challenge I asked some amazing designers to share their creations. Joining me are Deb Saaranen, Lorelie Kim, Dawn Lusk, Chris Olsen, and Grace Nywening. They created gorgeous examples that just exude spring. Let's look at our color combination (teal, moss, brown, and raspberry) and the designers' stunning examples:
Card by Deb Saaranen
- paper: Bazzill Nutmeg, PaperTrey Ink Raspberry Fizz and White, Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean (retired) and Old Olive, Daisy Bucket Designs Petals
- stamps: Our Daily Bread Design's Happy Birthday
- stamp ink: Versafine Sepia, Memento Tuxedo Black, Assorted Copic Markers
- embellishments: Stampin' Up clear embossing powder and buttons, Spellbinder's square die
I just love how Deb included the brown by using it for her watering can, and then I love how she colored the flowers with the other colors in our color combo. Just absolutely gorgeous! Look how she used the moss color for the base of her card and then layered the brown, raspberry, and teal colors on top of that. Awesome idea!
Layout by Lorelie Kim (Scrapbook.com username Scrappychica)
- stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs' With Heartfelt Sympathy
- embellishments: Petaloo white Mulberry Street Collection flowers, BasicGrey Lemonade Pops, Zva Creative pearl
I love how this layout not only focuses on the photo but the colors are perfect for the photo. Lorelie's use of the flowers, pearls, and raspberry half-circle truly bring this gorgeous layout together.
Altered Frame by Dawn Lusk
- purchased wooden frame 4 ¼" x 4 ¼"
- papers: Prism (Suede Brown Dark, Razzleberry Medium, Frosted Mint, Intense Mint). Georgia Pacific (White)
- stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs' You Will Find Refuge
- stamp ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, clear embossing powder, VersaMark
- embellishments: Spellbinders Square/Scalloped dies, Copic markers, Martha Stewart punches, Airbrush system, cloud template, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and Floral Screen embossing folders
Dawn's use of the leaves, clouds, scalloped frame, and the gorgeous bird just make this wooden frame complete. She brought all of the colors together just beautifully. What a gorgeous piece to give as a gift or have sitting in our home.
Altered Box by Chris Olsen (Scrapbook.com username Twinkles With Chris)
- papers: Pebbles Inc. Nellie's Garden Tiny Flower
- stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs' Friendship (sentiment) and Sing to the Lord (image)
- box template: Lauren Meader's Shutterfly box template
I love how Chris focused on one color from our color combination-the moss color. Then she added bits of each of the other colors by adding the brown ribbon and stitching, the gorgeous blue bird and blue jewels, then finishing with the raspberry flowers. Beautiful!
Card by Grace Nywening
- paper: PaperTrey Dark Chocolate, Bazzill Bling, BasicGrey Euphoria, Neenah
- stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs' Happy Birthday
- stamp ink: Memento ink
- embellishments: Recollections Gems, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, Copics, sewing machine
Wow, Grace's use of the colors in the patterned paper and her use of the Copics to color in her stamped image just bring this color combination to perfection. Such a beautiful card that anyone would love to receive!
Altered Notebook by Patter Cross (Scrapbook.com username Identicaltriplets)
- papers: BasicGrey Euphoria
- stamp ink: ColorBox Rosebud and Robin's Nest, Adirondack Ginger, Brilliance Graphite Black
- Stamps: Unity Best Friends
- Die Cuts: QuicKutz circle and tab dies
- Embellishments: Heidi Swapp flower, Doodlebug flower and button, American Crafts button, Making Memories tiny alpha stickers and metal tag, Scenic Route chipboard alpha, Stickles Baby Blue
Little did Grace know that I used the same patterned paper she did for this color challenge. A lot of color inspiration can be gained by looking at patterned papers! I chose to add the brown in this color combination by stamping the flower border in brown. The other colors are equally used between the papers and embellishments. And my little notebook sure looks cute sitting on my desk!
Enjoy the challenge, and be sure to post your creations in the gallery!