Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Heidi Anne Giebel
My niece is not your typical sparkly, pink girly-girl; she also loves running around outside barefoot playing with her brother. When I read this quote in a favorite book of mine, I immediately thought of her. The quote in the journaling box is from the book.
- Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Cardstock - Criss Cross Texture - Sugar Cookie
- Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Cardstock - Canvas Texture – Helsinki
- Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Cardstock - Smooth Texture - Pomegranate Splash
- Bazzill Basics - 12 x 12 Cardstock - Classic Texture - Ebony
- Die Cuts With a View - Grade School Collection - 12 x 12 Paper Stack
- Cricut Expression
- Sakura - Soufflé 3D Opaque Puffy Ink
- Prima flowers in complementary colors
- a title (stickers or cut with the Cricut)
- a page ripped out of an old book or other such ephemera
- Begin by taking one piece of the Die Cuts With AView patterned paper and cut it to 8” x 8.” Adhere it to the center of the 12” x 12” piece of Bazzill Sugar Cookie cardstock. This piece of Bazzill cardstock is the base of your layout page.
- Next, take a second piece of patterned paper and cut it to 4” x 6” and layer it horizontally at the bottom right of your layout, overlapping your first piece of patterned paper.
- Adhere your piece of ripped page (or ephemera) to your layout at the bottom left of the page.
- Take your 5¼” x 6 ¾” photo and adhere it vertically, directly on top of the other layers at the bottom center of your layout.
- Add a 11 ½“ strip of mesh vertically along the left side of your photo.
- Adhere your journaling block to the top left of your layout overlapping your photo slightly, and your large complementary embellishment to the bottom right. I cut both of these with my Cricut Expressions using the A Child’s Year cartridge. I ran my journaling block through my printer to add the quote. I embellished the large little girl die cut with small dots using my white Sakura Soufflé Ink pen.
- Finally, place your title above your photo and add your flowers around your journaling block.