Step-by-Step: One Party
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Andrea Steed
When it came time to scrapbook the photos from Paxton's first birthday party, I let the pictures do the talking and added some fun jungle birthday embellishments from Doodlebug Design and Fancy Pants Design:
- white cardstock
- Doodlebug Design Mother Nature Collection Cute Cuts
- Fancy Pants Design Little Sprout Collection Kit (transparency & patterned paper)
- Maya Road Chipboard Keychain Set - Party
- assorted buttons
- Creative Imaginations Double Vision alphabet stickers
- assorted chipboard alphabet letters
- Paper Shapers heart punch
- 3D Foam Squares
- E-Z Runner Permanent Tape
- corner rounder
- I chose nine 4” x 6” photos to work with and decided to highlight one photo on the left side of the layout and the rest in a collage on the right side. To do that, I cropped each of the eight collage photos into 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" squares and adhered them to the white cardstock background with E-Z Runner tape.
- To bring some additional attention to the center photo (of Paxton getting ready to blow out his candle), I mounted it on 3D foam squares to give it a little extra dimension.
- To fill the ninth square of the collage page, I added a die-cut journaling tag (after inking the edges) and a decorated chipboard cupcake.
I covered the chipboard cupcake with patterned paper and then cut six patterned paper hearts to use as icing and give it a little extra texture. I also inked the edges of the hearts and added some yellow ink to the top to show the flame on the candle. Finally, I added teardrop-shaped gems as sprinkles.
- With the right side of the layout complete, I moved onto the left side. I wanted to use a full-page transparency that came with the Little Sprout collection pack from Fancy Pants Designs, so I didn't need to add much more than that. I did add a piece of patterned paper cardstock transparency (to match the cupcake on the other side of the layout) as well as a die-cut tree beneath the transparency. I overlapped the tree onto both sides of the layout to pull the two pages together.
- To the top of the transparency, first I adhered the cropped (and rounded) photograph with 3D foam squares. Then I added the title using assorted chipboard and sticker letters and a spray-painted chipboard word "party".
- Finally, I added buttons alongside the photo as embellishments with a little splash of color.
I love how the bright colors in these papers and embellishments follow along with the celebration and birthday theme!