Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Trish Dykes
Now that my daughter is officially a ‘tween,’ I find myself looking for more age-appropriate scrapbook papers to reflect this new and fun time of her life. The bright colors of the Feeling Groovy and Summertime collections by Doodlebug, combined with the Unwritten collection by Reminisce, served as the perfect combination for this layout showing her newfound appreciation for an old hand gesture.
Follow these easy steps to create one of your own.
- Bazzill Pinecone cardstock
- Bazzill White cardstock
- Bazzill vellum
- Doodlebug Rainbow Sherbet patterned paper
- Reminisce Free patterned paper
- Doodlebug Lily White Frills
- Doodlebug Icons cardstock stickers
- Xyron Create-A-Sticker
- Sakura Micron pen set
- Heidi Swapp photo corner and index tab
- Making Memories flower and pewter brads
- Doodlebug buttons and ricrac trim
- Avery tag
- 3" x 3" piece of the Rainbow Sherbet paper glued to the Avery tag
- 4 1/4" x 9" piece of the Free paper with short ends torn
- 1 1/4" x 9 ½" piece of yellow scrap paper
- 3/4" x 8 ½" vellum strips (Cut four and tear short ends to various lengths.)
- Tie a length of ricrac onto the Avery tag and glue down to the left side of the layout.
- Add the yellow strip to the right side and overlap both with the butterfly paper.
- Run the flower-shaped Frill and vellum strips through the Xyron adhesive machine.
- Add the Frill along the edge of the orange paper.
- Adhere the vellum starting at the bottom of the tag, overlapping slightly as you work your way down.
- Mount your photo on white cardstock and trim.
- Place a brown photo corner on the upper left corner of the photo mat and attach to the layout.
- Place the title above the photo and outline with a Sakura pen; allow time for the ink to dry. Attach buttons, brads and an index tab as desired.