Step-by-Step: What is MY Name?
Article Courtesy Scrapjazz.com: by Nora Noll
For most of the scrapbook pages I create, I use the photos as the inspiration behind the design. However, occasionally there are subjects where the photos are the supporting detail rather than the focus. To create this page about my dog, Zack, I chose to journal first and then find photos to bolster my story. I used papers from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers Collection to complete this pet scrapbook page. Here is how I created "What is My Name?" step by step.
- Tiger from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers Collection
- Goldie from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers Collection
- Clarence from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers Collection
- Mittens from the BasicGrey Max and Whiskers Collection
- Line Up from the BasicGrey Basic Kraft Collection
- BasicGrey Micro Monogram Stickers- red
- BasicGrey Micro Monogram Stickers - black
- Jillibean Soup Cardstock Alphabet Stickers-Speckled Brown Eggs
- Walnut Stain Distress Ink from Tim Holtz for Ranger Industries
- Paper Shaper Large Corner Rounder
- EK Success Cutter Bee Circle Cutter
- Karen Foster Paw Print Stickers
- American Type Font
- Print journaling onto the BasicGrey Line Up paper. Trim the paper into a 5” by 10” strip, with the journaling at the bottom. Round the two bottom corners. Ink around the edges and adhere to the Tiger background paper so that the right edge of the journaling strip is 2” from the right side and 1” from the top of the page.
- Cut a 3 ½” by 12” strip from the Goldie patterned paper. Ink around the edges. Adhere 3 ½” from the top of the paper.
- Trim the Clarence patterned paper into a 2” by 12” strip. Tear along the bottom and ink around the edges. Adhere on top of the Goldie paper strip, 4” from the top of the page.
- Cut the Mittens patterned paper into two 4 ¼” circles. Ink the edges.
- Trim the photos into 3 ½” squares. Ink around the edges and adhere over the circles. Adhere to the page as shown.
- Adhere the title using the two types of Micro Monogram stickers and the Speckled Brown Eggs alphabet stickers.
- Ink and adhere the paw prints.
I hope you have as much fun creating story pages in your pet scrapbooking albums as I did with this page.